PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Wilson Blx Tour Limited vs. Head Youtek Radical Pro

in_ten_city
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Here is my review of the Wilson BLX Tour Limited vs. the Head Youtek Radical Pro.

First off, i'm a 4.0 rated all-rounder transitioning into a offensive baseliner. The Wilson was strung w/ Wlison NXT 16 at mid and the Head w/ Head Synthetic Gut 16 at hi. Although neither string is something i'd normally use, it didn't effect my play all that much.

For the feel of each racket, which to me is the most important attribute of a tennis racket, I prefferred that of the Youtek. It had a nice solid response with what I thought the perfect blend of flex and stiffness. The frame also absorbed nearly all of its shock and vibration. The Wilson on the other hand felt rather hollow and very stiff. It gave off a slight vibration on most shots. The feel felt almost exactly like that of the Head Liquidmetal Radical MP.

Below is my head to head ratings and in parenthesis is my overall (from +++to--- with = in the middle).

POWER: BLX(+++); YT (+)

CONTROL: YT(+); BLX(=)

SPIN POTENTIAL: YT(+); BLX(+)

TOUCH: YT(+); BLX(=)

COMFORT: YT(+); BLX(-)

PLOWTHROUGH/STABILITY: BLX(+); YT(=)

Sweetspot (based on each rackets head size): YT(=); BLX(-)

MANEUVERABILITY: BLX(+); YT(=)

As for shot specific I prefferred...
SERVE/OVERHEAD: BLX
GROUNDSTROKES: YT
NET/VOLLEYS: YT

Love to hear any thoughts or insights into my review as well as criticism and jargon.

armsty
05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm still confused why they are being compared, completely different rackets.

I play a Microgel Radical Pro, the feel is so much better than that of the Youtek.

in_ten_city
05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm still confused why they are being compared, completely different rackets.

I play a Microgel Radical Pro, the feel is so much better than that of the Youtek.

Spec-wise they lined up, so i took them out for a test drive, and I agree with you, they are not alike, but I still wanted to write a review on them. I'm about to demo a MG Rad MP, very curious on how it compares to to both the Youtek and the liquidmetal versions.

snoflewis
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
interesting review there...
only thing that really matches up are SW and balance. 0.5oz is a pretty big gap when comparing two rackets, but hey, w/e works for you.

and fyi, there was no LM rad pro (there was a tour version but it was 18x20 and a heavier version of the LM radical) there was a FP radical tour, which then became the MG radi pro.

in_ten_city
06-01-2011, 07:30 AM
interesting review there...
only thing that really matches up are SW and balance. 0.5oz is a pretty big gap when comparing two rackets, but hey, w/e works for you.

and fyi, there was no LM rad pro (there was a tour version but it was 18x20 and a heavier version of the LM radical) there was a FP radical tour, which then became the MG radi pro.

Also, they are both power frames. I own both a LM Rad MP and YT Rad MP and i'm getting a MG to review all 3 against each other. I'm also planning to write a review on YT Prestige Pro and MP vs. Tecnifibre TFight 320 vs. Pacific X-feel Pro 95 vs. Volkl PB 10 mid. Not all alike, but I like the variation.