PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you suggest between Volkl organixs and volkl PB 10

tennis-kid
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Hi
After listening your recomendations and some research, I decided to go with Volkl racket :-)
Now my question is which racket is better in terms of control, spin and power between Organix 10s ( 295g and 325g) and PB 10 mp. I assume all very friendly to arm. Is that correct or one is better than the others?
Did any one tested Organix 10 295g , 325g and PB 10 mp? Could you tell me your experience? Thank you

tennis-kid
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I should rephrase the question.

I am trying to buy a racket either Volkl Organix or Power bridge. Which model is best overall performer and most arm friendly? Should I get Organix 6, 8, 10 or PB 7, 8, 9, or 10? Please tell me your experience or knowledge.
Your input will be appreciated.

eleventeenth street
06-01-2011, 12:21 PM
i don't have first hand experience, but from what i have heard and read, the new organix are much more comfortable (no vibrations) due to the new handle system, although feel a bit stiffer than the pb line.

as to the best overall performer, that is a very broad, subjective question. you are not going to get any practical feedback from anyone unless we know more about your level, style of play, strengths, weaknesses, etc. the best thing for you to do, if you can, is to demo

vegasgt3
06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I just demo'd both. The powerbridge mid is sweet, soft, but demanding. It is better for flatter strokes. It serves very well.

The Organix 10 puts more spin on the ball and can create better angles, it is also very forgiving. But, I found it to be harsher on the arm. I would string soft and avoid poly.

I hit serves and OHBH better with the powerbridge mid and forehands, returns and volleys better with the Organix, so it was a toss-up for me.

eidolonshinobi
06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
What's your game like? Your racket should fit your game.

tennis-kid
06-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I am about 4.0 - 4.5 player. I need more top spin because my ball either go to net or long often. I have weak serve so I need a racket that can help me more powerful serve.
Thank you

jk816
06-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I am about 4.0 - 4.5 player. I need more top spin because my ball either go to net or long often. I have weak serve so I need a racket that can help me more powerful serve.
Thank you

I've play tested many of those racquets in the last ten months: PB 8 (295), 9, 10 Mid, 10MP, X8 & x10 (295).

Of those I did not care as much for the PB8, 10 MP & X8. All good racquets, but played too light / stiff compared to the others. The others are more arm friendly.

All had good control, the PB9, 10Mid, and x10 being the best. None matched the 10 Mid in depth or penetration. The PB8 & 10 MP were the higher powered, but at the expense of added vibration and less precision.

I ended up with the PB10 Mid, the best of the lot (best ever for me), but while it has the exquisite plush feel and high performance I've come to expect in a racquet, it may not suit every game. Pure form using the kinetic chain for your stroke is rewarded; muscling the racquet will not work as well and classic strokes work better than the modern WW ones. It is on the heavy side (swings well, but does not accelerate well) so your style of groundstrokes and serves may be a factor in choosing this one.

I liked the PB9 but not as much as the PB10. Similar performance, but lacking the plow through and stability the 10Mid has.

The X10 295 hit nicely, everything seemed to work well, but lacks the plow through punch of the 10Mid. It felt very light, which isn't bad, but wasn't as solid in the forecourt as at the baseline.

Another racquet to consider is the Becker London. It is in the Volkl family, plays very comfortably, did everything almost as well as the PB10 mid, but is a bit lighter, more powerful and more forgiving of form than the 10 Mid. Might be the best compromise racquet in the Volk stable. I may get one of those for days when I'm off a bit, which the PB10mid will bite you for.

Hope this helps some.

parasailing
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the informative review. I agree with you that the X10 295 swings easy and lacks some punch and depth but lead customization helps to improve the racquet's stability and plowthru. I didn't really like the X10 325 variant as it was harder to swing through and generate the necessary racquet speed compared to my PSTGT.

tennis-kid
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I've play tested many of those racquets in the last ten months: PB 8 (295), 9, 10 Mid, 10MP, X8 & x10 (295).

Of those I did not care as much for the PB8, 10 MP & X8. All good racquets, but played too light / stiff compared to the others. The others are more arm friendly.

All had good control, the PB9, 10Mid, and x10 being the best. None matched the 10 Mid in depth or penetration. The PB8 & 10 MP were the higher powered, but at the expense of added vibration and less precision.

I ended up with the PB10 Mid, the best of the lot (best ever for me), but while it has the exquisite plush feel and high performance I've come to expect in a racquet, it may not suit every game. Pure form using the kinetic chain for your stroke is rewarded; muscling the racquet will not work as well and classic strokes work better than the modern WW ones. It is on the heavy side (swings well, but does not accelerate well) so your style of groundstrokes and serves may be a factor in choosing this one.

I liked the PB9 but not as much as the PB10. Similar performance, but lacking the plow through and stability the 10Mid has.

The X10 295 hit nicely, everything seemed to work well, but lacks the plow through punch of the 10Mid. It felt very light, which isn't bad, but wasn't as solid in the forecourt as at the baseline.

Another racquet to consider is the Becker London. It is in the Volkl family, plays very comfortably, did everything almost as well as the PB10 mid, but is a bit lighter, more powerful and more forgiving of form than the 10 Mid. Might be the best compromise racquet in the Volk stable. I may get one of those for days when I'm off a bit, which the PB10mid will bite you for.

Hope this helps some.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your though review.

OldButGame
06-03-2011, 04:55 PM
This may not be too helpful,...I've never played with the new "organix' generations,...but I just recently got and started playing with the PB10 MP,...and I'm just lovin it!!!!,...Does evrything well for me,..1HBH are things of beauty,..and that used to be a weak point,....serves come off nicely,....forehands rip with authority,..very forgiving.....I'm gettin a 2nd one... :)

Warped Plane
06-03-2011, 11:23 PM
This may not be too helpful,...I've never played with the new "organix' generations,...but I just recently got and started playing with the PB10 MP,...and I'm just lovin it!!!!,...Does evrything well for me,..1HBH are things of beauty,..and that used to be a weak point,....serves come off nicely,....forehands rip with authority,..very forgiving.....I'm gettin a 2nd one... :)

Want more???

TennisCJC
06-05-2011, 05:02 AM
If you like to bash groundstrokes from the baseline, get the x8. If you are trying to develop an all court game get the x10 or x10 295. You board name has the "kid" in it so I am going to guess that you may be a junior. If you are, I would get the x10 295. You can string the x10 295 in the low 50s for more power and it has loads of control. If you like heavy rackets, I would get the x10 instead of the x10 295. The PB series is nice but I think the X series is nicer more stable. Yes, the X series is slightly firmer but I own 2 x10 295 and there is still good flex in the shaft and it is extremely comfortable. If you want a light racket with good power and plow, then get the x10 295 and customize it with lead. A good setup might be to add a leather grip to the x10 295 with 3 grams added to the head (1 each at 3 o'clock, 9 o'clock, and 12 o'clock) for a bit more stability on volleys and more stability on groundstrokes.

tennis-kid
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
If you like to bash groundstrokes from the baseline, get the x8. If you are trying to develop an all court game get the x10 or x10 295. You board name has the "kid" in it so I am going to guess that you may be a junior. If you are, I would get the x10 295. You can string the x10 295 in the low 50s for more power and it has loads of control. If you like heavy rackets, I would get the x10 instead of the x10 295. The PB series is nice but I think the X series is nicer more stable. Yes, the X series is slightly firmer but I own 2 x10 295 and there is still good flex in the shaft and it is extremely comfortable. If you want a light racket with good power and plow, then get the x10 295 and customize it with lead. A good setup might be to add a leather grip to the x10 295 with 3 grams added to the head (1 each at 3 o'clock, 9 o'clock, and 12 o'clock) for a bit more stability on volleys and more stability on groundstrokes.

Thank you for good advice. Actually I bought X 10 295 a few days ago and it is on the way. I am so excited :-) I am not junior but to my dad, I am always junior no matter how old I am. I am going to be kid to my dad even when I become 60s haha
Anyway, I was tossing /debating ideas of rackets for a week between Organixs and PB 10s. One day I was going to buy PB 10 MP, then following day I was attracted to Organix 10. Finally, I decided to go with Organix 10 295. I am planing to add lead in my racket's butt and I will follow your advice and will add 3, 9, 12 oclock. I am grateful to those who post here and share their experience and good advice. Cheers

tennis-kid
06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Is there any special tricks to put lead tape on rackets?