PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Racket for a 2 Handed Forehand?

HurricaneDominic
06-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Any suggestions?

jersey34tennis
06-01-2011, 03:14 AM
the wilson tour limited edition has a pretty decent length handle, little lead under the grip, leather grip replacement and some 1/4 lead at 3 and 9, (2 layers of 4 inch stripes each side) and you've got a groundstroke machine

jersey34tennis
06-01-2011, 03:16 AM
and i forgot kneissl red stars and toms machine are sweet 2, nice paintjobs as well

HurricaneDominic
06-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Red Stars look really nice!

tennytive
06-01-2011, 05:27 AM
the wilson tour limited edition has a pretty decent length handle, little lead under the grip, leather grip replacement and some 1/4 lead at 3 and 9, (2 layers of 4 inch stripes each side) and you've got a groundstroke machine

I don't have lead under the grip, but everything else sounds like my POG longbody.

HurricaneDominic
06-01-2011, 05:41 AM
I don't have lead under the grip, but everything else sounds like my POG longbody.

What's a POG?

tennytive
06-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Prince Original Graphite or POG for short.

jersey34tennis
06-01-2011, 06:36 AM
i liked the pog longbody but i feel like it flexes a lot in the throat and shoulders of the frame, some people like that feeling and i'm sure that's where all the spin the pog longbodies comes from, but i feel like you lose a bit of power and penetration with all that flexing, you can def hit a heavier spinning ball with the pog and some lead but i prefer to counterpunch a little flatter where i can get the ball back across the court much quicker, with the pog i didn't take the ball on the rise as much, with the slightly stiffer frames i could play the ball easier off the bounce and redirect it to open up the court quicker. that's just me, if i could get a longer grip on an head andre agassi limited edition radical i'd be using that but the grip was way too short and i hate making grips longer

michael valek
06-01-2011, 07:37 AM
hurricane dominic, email me michael.valek@thomsonreuters.com and might have something for you.....i'm in cardiff.

Fuji
06-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Anything Yonex. Seriously their handles are great for 2Handers!

-Fuji

flashfire276
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Anything Yonex. Seriously their handles are great for 2Handers!

-Fuji

+1.
A good friend of mine used an RDS001 MP (I think), and he got plenty of room for both hands.
Also, look into any + sized racquets, like a Speed MP or PSGT+.

ptr
06-01-2011, 10:07 PM
But why 2HFH?

vincent_tennis
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Dont know if TW has them but, you could add a 0.5inch plastic Extension to a racquet of your choice.
"Unique" make them~

HurricaneDominic
06-03-2011, 11:49 PM
But why 2HFH?

For me, my 1HFH is not very reliable.
I feel that my 2HFH has more control and great spin potential. The ball also seems to penetrate closer to the baseline.

goran_ace
06-04-2011, 02:39 PM
But why 2HFH?

I also wonder why you stick with 2HFH. maybe you hit a little better with two hands than one right now, so it covers up a weakness, but at some point in your development you will have to decide if you can you really turn an unorthodox stroke like a 2HFH into something that gives you a competitive advantage on the court (i.e. a weapon) or if you should just put more work into developing a steady normal forehand.

HurricaneDominic
06-05-2011, 01:33 AM
I also wonder why you stick with 2HFH. maybe you hit a little better with two hands than one right now, so it covers up a weakness, but at some point in your development you will have to decide if you can you really turn an unorthodox stroke like a 2HFH into something that gives you a competitive advantage on the court (i.e. a weapon) or if you should just put more work into developing a steady normal forehand.

Well in my opinion, it's the same as a 2HBH or a 1HBH, why do more people hit with 2HBH yet some still hit with 1HBH?
Obviously the grip is a little different, but it's easier for me to hit spin. I've got a decent 1HFH as well, so it's not like I can't hit one, I still do, especially when the ball is too far away to hit a 2HFH. I feel that I always have a reliable shot on my FH as if one is not working, I can easily switch during a match, it's like having 3 shots (I never hit 1HBH unless I slice).
:)

ptr
06-05-2011, 07:54 AM
It's ugly :P

TheOneHander
06-05-2011, 08:03 AM
It's ugly :P

That's entirely subjective. Besides, this is a thread about racquets that may be more comfortable for people who hit two handed forehands, not whether he should switch or not.

To the OP, I second the Yonex recommendation, because their handles are two inches longer than your standard handle (9 inches versus 7 inches). Babolat also has some good extended length offerings-what else are you looking for in a racquet?

HurricaneDominic
06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
That's entirely subjective. Besides, this is a thread about racquets that may be more comfortable for people who hit two handed forehands, not whether he should switch or not.

To the OP, I second the Yonex recommendation, because their handles are two inches longer than your standard handle (9 inches versus 7 inches). Babolat also has some good extended length offerings-what else are you looking for in a racquet?

100sq" head.
Not too bothered about 27" or 27.5" but do prefer 27".
Have a Yonex RQiS 1 Tour XL, head is a little too small, could do with more forgiveness.
Not a fan of the new VCore / EZone range.
Was considering Head IG Extreme Tour / Babolat Pure Drive but liking the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour. Hoping to get DSQUAD package as well.

Suggestions welcome!

TheOneHander
06-05-2011, 12:43 PM
100sq" head.
Not too bothered about 27" or 27.5" but do prefer 27".
Have a Yonex RQiS 1 Tour XL, head is a little too small, could do with more forgiveness.
Not a fan of the new VCore / EZone range.
Was considering Head IG Extreme Tour / Babolat Pure Drive but liking the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour. Hoping to get DSQUAD package as well.

Suggestions welcome!

The PDGT/APDGT in plus length are fun racquets to hit with, and they fall into the category you seem to like. I also think the Bio 300/Tour is worth a demo as well. If you're looking into extended length racquets, the IG Extreme MP (not the Pro) is slightly extended. The extra length really helps on two handed shots.

HurricaneDominic
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
The PDGT/APDGT in plus length are fun racquets to hit with, and they fall into the category you seem to like. I also think the Bio 300/Tour is worth a demo as well. If you're looking into extended length racquets, the IG Extreme MP (not the Pro) is slightly extended. The extra length really helps on two handed shots.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Like the look of the PDGT but I reckon they will have new models out soon so will wait until they come out.
Was looking at IG Extreme but prefer Biomimetic 500 Tour.

TheOneHander
06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, the PDGT only came out in 2009, so you still have a lot of time even before pics start leaking. The releases won't be out until probably AO2012 if Babolat doesn't change their release schedule, so it's probably a good idea to check them out now.

HurricaneDominic
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, the PDGT only came out in 2009, so you still have a lot of time even before pics start leaking. The releases won't be out until probably AO2012 if Babolat doesn't change their release schedule, so it's probably a good idea to check them out now.

True, but I think I could wait 6 months instead of being annoyed when the new models are released. I just dislike buying at full price when rackets are over 1 year old, even nearly 2 years old.

TheOneHander
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
True, but I think I could wait 6 months instead of being annoyed when the new models are released. I just dislike buying at full price when rackets are over 1 year old, even nearly 2 years old.

Good point. What racquet are you using now?

HurricaneDominic
06-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Good point. What racquet are you using now?

Played with the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour then switched to the RQiS 1 Tour XL, so over 3 years of RQiS . .

TheOneHander
06-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Played with the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour then switched to the RQiS 1 Tour XL, so over 3 years of RQiS . .

Okay. My final recommendation would be to check out the Pure Storms. The Pure Storm is a good customization platform, or you can go straight to the Tour or even the Limited (which was an absolute joy to hit with). Do you have a list of racquets you want to try? It'd be a good idea to finalize it.

HurricaneDominic
06-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Okay. My final recommendation would be to check out the Pure Storms. The Pure Storm is a good customization platform, or you can go straight to the Tour or even the Limited (which was an absolute joy to hit with). Do you have a list of racquets you want to try? It'd be a good idea to finalize it.

Dunlop Bio 500 Tour
Babolat Pure Drive GT (maybe PDR GT as well)
Head YouTek IG Tour (I prefer some weight in my rackets, MP is too light and I never really use lead tape etc.)
I'm not keen on the Pure Storms, what's the headsize? Isn't it 98sq"? I'd prefer 100sq".

TheOneHander
06-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Dunlop Bio 500 Tour
Babolat Pure Drive GT (maybe PDR GT as well)
Head YouTek IG Tour (I prefer some weight in my rackets, MP is too light and I never really use lead tape etc.)
I'm not keen on the Pure Storms, what's the headsize? Isn't it 98sq"? I'd prefer 100sq".

It's only two square inches. If you held up a 100 to a 98 to compare head size, you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference. Would it make a difference to you?

And I'm assuming you mean the IG Extreme Pro. As a note, make sure your elbow can handle these racquets...the IGEP has a stiffness of 75, and the others are all around 70 as well.

HurricaneDominic
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
It's only two square inches. If you held up a 100 to a 98 to compare head size, you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference. Would it make a difference to you?

And I'm assuming you mean the IG Extreme Pro. As a note, make sure your elbow can handle these racquets...the IGEP has a stiffness of 75, and the others are all around 70 as well.

What about the Prince EXO3 Graphite 100 MP?
It looks great and the reviews are awesome. Also I have a thing for Green rackets..!
Yeah I meant the IG Extreme Pro, not sure why I said Tour :???:
I've never used a 98sq" racket. I actually have only ever used 95sq" except for when I was younger I had a 111sq" N4.

TheOneHander
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
What about the Prince EXO3 Graphite 100 MP?
It looks great and the reviews are awesome. Also I have a thing for Green rackets..!
Yeah I meant the IG Extreme Pro, not sure why I said Tour :???:
I've never used a 98sq" racket. I actually have only ever used 95sq" except for when I was younger I had a 111sq" N4.

Well, the Graphite was a fun hit, but it swings really heavy because of the 2 points headlight balance. It's also on its way out from Prince.

And it really shouldn't make a difference anyways...if you haven't tried it, I wouldn't pass judgment on it just yet. Don't limit yourself because of a two square inch difference.

HurricaneDominic
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, the Graphite was a fun hit, but it swings really heavy because of the 2 points headlight balance. It's also on its way out from Prince.

And it really shouldn't make a difference anyways...if you haven't tried it, I wouldn't pass judgment on it just yet. Don't limit yourself because of a two square inch difference.

Ok, which 98sq" rackets do you suggest?
The BLX Blade looks good.
I definitely want a headlight racket.
Don't really want a Yonex again, they're great but don't like the VCore's or EZone's.

TheOneHander
06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Delete post.

saigonbond
06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
The "Natural" by Innovative Creations:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01013/tennis-double_1013269c.jpg

Brian Battistone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSJ1aiGIAQ&feature=fvwrel

HurricaneDominic
06-09-2011, 02:10 AM
The "Natural" by Innovative Creations:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01013/tennis-double_1013269c.jpg

Brian Battistone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSJ1aiGIAQ&feature=fvwrel

I've seen them before . . :-? no thanks :)