PDA

View Full Version : HEAD Youtek iG Instinct --New Maria Sharapova racket

Fedace
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Anyone able to demo this racket yet ?? IS it as good as it seems. It has taken Maria Sharapova into the Finals of French open. It must be a great racket ..:confused:

ben123
06-01-2011, 10:53 AM
sharapova is not in the final yet but nvm

also do u know its not just a paintjob?

ryushen21
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Poor Fedace doesn't keep up with things in the Pro Racquets section. Otherwise he would know that it is just a PJd Radical Pro mold.

Fedace
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Poor Fedace doesn't keep up with things in the Pro Racquets section. Otherwise he would know that it is just a PJd Radical Pro mold.

so you are saying it is a radical pro. so if you go and buy the radical pro then it is a exact same racket...??:confused:

bobbything
06-01-2011, 12:58 PM
I've hit with the new one. I can't attest to what Sharapova is playing with (whether it's just painted or not), but the two new IG Instincts I've hit with are solid. If you're old enough to remember the Trysis series (or even before that) that Head had in the early-to-mid 90's, then you'll have a good idea what this frame is like.

It has a very similar shape to the old Ventoris, Atlantis, Genesis, Discovery, and Viper. It's thicker than most head frames, and plays much more like the referenced racquets. Not particularly stiff or powerful. Has a nice feel. Pretty light. 10.6 oz, unstrung (there is a lighter version, 9.5 oz). They both play pretty similar.

I liked it. Probably because my first racquet was the Ventoris. It has nice balance and nice feel.

Fedace
06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I've hit with the new one. I can't attest to what Sharapova is playing with (whether it's just painted or not), but the two new IG Instincts I've hit with are solid. If you're old enough to remember the Trysis series (or even before that) that Head had in the early-to-mid 90's, then you'll have a good idea what this frame is like.

It has a very similar shape to the old Ventoris, Atlantis, Genesis, Discovery, and Viper. It's thicker than most head frames, and plays much more like the referenced racquets. Not particularly stiff or powerful. Has a nice feel. Pretty light. 10.6 oz, unstrung (there is a lighter version, 9.5 oz). They both play pretty similar.

I liked it. Probably because my first racquet was the Ventoris. It has nice balance and nice feel.

Thank you so much. so you are saying these are pretty flexible rackets ?? and is any of the extra long ??

vsbabolat
06-01-2011, 01:32 PM
so you are saying it is a radical pro. so if you go and buy the radical pro then it is a exact same racket...??:confused:

Sorry Fedace, but Sharapova is not using the IG Instinct. The Instinct is a variable widebody racquet where Sharapova is using the a straight beam 21.5mm beam racquet. Sharapova has been using the same Radical Pro for over a year now. Even when she was still under contract with Prince and her Radical Pro was painted all black.

bobbything
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Thank you so much. so you are saying these are pretty flexible rackets ?? and is any of the extra long ??
They're not what I'd call "flexible," but they're not stiff either. Less flex than the YouTek Radical, more flex than the Extreme. And they're both standard (27") length.

Sharapova might be switching over soon because I spoke with the Head rep and he said that they basically designed the racquet to her liking.

vsbabolat
06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
They're not what I'd call "flexible," but they're not stiff either. Less flex than the YouTek Radical, more flex than the Extreme. And they're both standard (27") length.

Sharapova might be switching over soon because I spoke with the Head rep and he said that they basically designed the racquet to her liking.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

bobbything
06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath.
No problem there. I don't really care enough.

Fedace
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM

SI of ~65-68. is that accurate ?