PDA

View Full Version : Babolat grip sizes bigger?? Help please!

SCapps
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
I have been using a Head racquet with a grip size of 4 3/8 and it is perfect for my hand. I am ordering my first Babolat racquet and from what I've read, I'm not sure whether to go with the 4 3/8 or go down to the 4 1/4. I've read where some say that Babolat grips are one size bigger and I've also read where some say they are the same. I prefer to use one overgrip and I'm worried from what I've read that if I get the Babolat 4 3/8 and put on an overgrip that it will be too big. I know there have been threads on this topic before but I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

ben123
06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
yes i guess babs are a bit bigger. if u buy 4 1/4 its probably inbetween 4 1/4 n 4 3/8

but some babs hav skinfeel replacement grip if u use this its gonna be a normal size i think

Up&comer
06-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I have been using a Head racquet with a grip size of 4 3/8 and it is perfect for my hand. I am ordering my first Babolat racquet and from what I've read, I'm not sure whether to go with the 4 3/8 or go down to the 4 1/4. I've read where some say that Babolat grips are one size bigger and I've also read where some say they are the same. I prefer to use one overgrip and I'm worried from what I've read that if I get the Babolat 4 3/8 and put on an overgrip that it will be too big. I know there have been threads on this topic before but I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

Babolat grips are bigger IMO, so i would go smaller.

Chace
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I feel the Babolat grips run a little larger. My main stick over the last 20 years has been the prince graphite mid with a 4 3/8 grip. I have tried other rackets along the way including a few babolats and the babolats 4 3/8 was a little larger than my POG. In fact the last babolat racket i bought i bought it with a 4 1/4 grip size and that was close to the 3/8ths on the POG

eman resu
06-01-2011, 12:41 PM
you should be more worried about the shape of the grip. Thinner replacement/cushion grips will solve any problem regarding size.

okdude1992
06-01-2011, 01:06 PM
There was just a thread asking this exact question. Yes, Babolat gripsizes run a little bigger than Head, Prince, Wilson, ect. I also switched from Head to Babolat, and lately haven't been using an overgrip because it felt too big. Either go down a size or get a thin replacement grip.

jigar
06-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I never knew about it. I guess I should be try out switching the thinner replacement grip.