PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide between the Wilson Six.One Tour and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid?

rodgerizsik
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Currently I am using the Wilson N Code Tour racket with a 95 sq. in. head and a 16x20 string pattern, which I have been using for almost two year( I have only been playing 2 years so this is my first racket). I am deciding to switch and and demoed a few rackets and really like the Wilson Six.One Tour and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid but can't decide which one to get. I play similarly with them and I like the small head size on both. I play with a one handed back hand and I tend to stay on the baseline but occasionally come up to the net. I have a big flat first serve, with some kick when I hit the ball on the upper part of the racket with a flick of a wrist. I just can't decide which one to get, I like the lightweight of the Head racket but the Wilson also seems to hit a heavier harder ball. I am stumbled...

stronzzi70
06-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Both are great racquet, but I felt more feel, control and touch with the YTK PRESTIGE MID, also one more time I loved the feel, really wanted to play with this racquet every day.

rodgerizsik
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Anyone else? I played with both today and I think I am leaning towards the Head racket.

frunk
06-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I;m a hardcore Wilson advocate, but I feel like the Youtek is a better frame. I really do think Head struck gold with this 'Youtek' technology - it feels like a massive difference.

rodgerizsik
06-03-2011, 04:18 PM
This is the problem, as soon as I think I am going with the Head racket, I pull out the Wilson stick and I hit an incredible shot. Overall I feel more like a player with the Head racket but there is just something with the Wilson racket that just keeps bringing me back to it

ryushen21
06-03-2011, 04:53 PM
The YT Prestige Mid an excellent frame. I am not a huge fan of wilson but have hit with different 6.1 Tours and the K88. They are great in their own respects but just all together different animals from the Prestige.

That being said, if overall you play better with the Prestige then I think that would be the one to go with. One great shot every few vs. consistent great playing all the time. It's really a no brainer.

NLBwell
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Both are good frames. When you play be aware of how much spin you are getting and how much control you have. The biggest difference in the rackets is the string pattern.

JT Corona
06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
now c'mon... what kind of roger fan would you be if you didn't use his stick :)

anyways if you could handle the weight, I think the choice is obvious...

try returning some hard serves with the two and hit some kick serves as well.

roundiesee
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
No one can actually tell you which to choose because it is all down to individual preferences. Personally, if I like to play from the baseline with control, then I would go for the prestige; if I like to occasionally go to the net to volley and play a slightly more all-court game, I would give the slight edge to the prostaff (but only a slight edge :) ) Both are indeed excellent and choosing them is like splitting hairs.

nalvarado
06-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I enjoy most iterations of the prestige.

T-ennis 888
06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I grew up playing with a Prestige family racquet. It was excellent and I had never hit with a Pro-staff type racquet until I got the chance to demo some frames a couple of years ago. Since then I have used a K90 (and occasionally a KPS88 ).

Both families produce really good frames but I particularly like the weight of ball the Wilson's produce. As others have indicated rightly, the feel is just sublime for the Prestige frames. The best advice is go for the frame that you feel you play best with. Alternatively go for the one that is cheaper and pick up a stick by the other brand in the future when they are reduced?

2Hare
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
The plow through and stability of six one tour is uncanny. Even off center shots tend to go in when the ball just get plow through the swing. You can usually see Federer hitting a bunch of off center shots in slow-mo and the balls still go in. It's thin box beam also allow it to slice through the air easily like a knife through butter. I have yet tried a 95+ racket with the same amount of plow through and swingweight as six one tour, so prove me wrong!

Nextman916
06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Youtek prestige mid is a far better frame to me.

smirker
06-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Currently I am using the Wilson N Code Tour racket with a 95 sq. in. head and a 16x20 string pattern, which I have been using for almost two year( I have only been playing 2 years so this is my first racket). I am deciding to switch and and demoed a few rackets and really like the Wilson Six.One Tour and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid but can't decide which one to get. I play similarly with them and I like the small head size on both. I play with a one handed back hand and I tend to stay on the baseline but occasionally come up to the net. I have a big flat first serve, with some kick when I hit the ball on the upper part of the racket with a flick of a wrist. I just can't decide which one to get, I like the lightweight of the Head racket but the Wilson also seems to hit a heavier harder ball. I am stumbled...

Before you buy either have you not cosidered trying something with a bigger head/more power?

Why are you going straight for a top end players frame when you have only been playing two years?

You could be seriously compromising yourself here by choosing a racquet based on what the pros apparently use.

my suggestion would be to try out an 11-11.5 oz frame by Dunlop (500 Tour) Babolat (PD GT) and Prince (Tour line of racquets)

By all means try the equivalent Wilsons (Blade, Tour) and Heads (Extreme, Radicals) too but what I am trying to say is don't let your judgement be clouded by what you think you should be using because of what the pros appear to use.

Disclaimer: You may have developed strokes, play every day and have the fitness to weild a 12.5oz stick all day long but somehow I doubt it after only two years on the court.

Not trying to lecture you and at the end of the day use what you want but keep an open mind and let your performance decide which stick to use, not fashion or prestige (no pun intended)

rodgerizsik
06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Before you buy either have you not cosidered trying something with a bigger head/more power?

Why are you going straight for a top end players frame when you have only been playing two years?

You could be seriously compromising yourself here by choosing a racquet based on what the pros apparently use.

my suggestion would be to try out an 11-11.5 oz frame by Dunlop (500 Tour) Babolat (PD GT) and Prince (Tour line of racquets)

By all means try the equivalent Wilsons (Blade, Tour) and Heads (Extreme, Radicals) too but what I am trying to say is don't let your judgement be clouded by what you think you should be using because of what the pros appear to use.

Disclaimer: You may have developed strokes, play every day and have the fitness to weild a 12.5oz stick all day long but somehow I doubt it after only two years on the court.

Not trying to lecture you and at the end of the day use what you want but keep an open mind and let your performance decide which stick to use, not fashion or prestige (no pun intended)

Actually along with the Wilson Six.One Tour and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid I also demoed Head YOUTEK IG Speed 300(100 sq. inch head) and the Wilson BLX Blade 98(98 sq. inch head) but with these two bigger head sizes I felt at a disadvantage on my ground strokes. With the YOUTEK Prestige Mid and the Six.One Tour it was much easier to sustain high paced rallies. Also even though I have only been playing two years and only using the one handed back hand for one year I think overall I do have nicely developed strokes, though the difference in my backhand and forehand are noticeable. In the end I have decided to go with the YOUTEK Prestige Mid.