PDA

View Full Version : Prince Ozone Tour

The Baseline
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
anyone use this, im thinking about switching from the dunlop aerogel 500 tour. what kind of a difference should i expect. the aerogel 500 tour was uncomfortable and unforgiving.

ace18
06-04-2011, 12:02 PM
anyone use this, im thinking about switching from the dunlop aerogel 500 tour. what kind of a difference should i expect. the aerogel 500 tour was uncomfortable and unforgiving.

The Baseline, i use both the AG300 and Ozone Tour. At times, I'll use both of them during a match. Since the Ozone is heavier, it helps my game when I feel i'm swinging too fast with the AG300, kind of slows my groove. I volley better with the AG300, only because i'm quicker with it around the net, but the Ozone is superior on my low volleys. The Ozone has more pop then my AG, that might be attributed to the extra weight. I can really crush low balls with the Ozone and the racquet is very comfortable. I get a little more spin with the Ozone then the AG300, I'm a flat hitter so notice a slight difference when playing the Ozone.

I really like them both and couldn't make a decision on one, so I play both and it works for me. I don't feel a significant drop off when playing with either racquet. If I'm struggling, I switch. The Ozone is also very good for chip and charge while playing dubs, much better then the AG300.

smirker
06-04-2011, 12:43 PM

I have both of these racquets and they play very differently imo as you would expect for frames with very different flexes. The 500Tour is very much in the PD mould (ie stiff, powerful) and the Ozone Tour softer more flexible but hit a heavier, more spinny ball and is more suitable at net in my experience.

I like the out and out power of the 500 for hitting winners from the baseline but find the Ozone Tour more versatile for the doubles game I predominantly play.

In short you should find the Ozone more comfortable and more forgiving than the 500 Tour.

TripleB
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I would say the four biggest differences you will see are: More Spin, More Feel (although it may take a bit of time and different string combinations to get used to the feel), More Flexy Feel, and More Control with the Ozone Tour.

Overall the Ozone Tour is a MUCH better racquet (IMO).

TripleB