PDA

View Full Version : New racquet

tennisfanireland94
06-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I recently bought a Wilson BLX Blade 98 (320g) after using a Head Youtek Speed lite (275g) for nearly 2 years. Throughout the week I've had it I've four it very hard to find my range, ie. When I go for a full swing it seems to fly out but when I ease up even a little it falls too short. Is this normal? Does it just need getting used to or is it just not the racquet for me?

Thanks

Shaochieh
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
What string and tension are you using? I had the same problem with the nblade but not as much with the blx blade. The swing weight is really difficult to give a pull swing at times so I am expecting three weeks for me to get used to my blade.

Bartelby
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Given the high swingweight you have to get the racquet moving to hit any kind of shot and when you hit hard you need a lot of topspin to rein in the power.

I recently bought a Wilson BLX Blade 98 (320g) after using a Head Youtek Speed lite (275g) for nearly 2 years. Throughout the week I've had it I've four it very hard to find my range, ie. When I go for a full swing it seems to fly out but when I ease up even a little it falls too short. Is this normal? Does it just need getting used to or is it just not the racquet for me?

Thanks

tennisfanireland94
06-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Any other help?

Shaochieh
06-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Any other help?

How about answer the question I asked? I am using multi at 58/55 lbs and what is your tension? Type of string?

mrtrinh
06-03-2011, 01:06 AM
its going to take sometime to adjust to the new sw and weight of the racket. give it a few weeks to fully adjust. I trade off between my apdgt and kbts and it takes me awhile to adjust. Are you using the same string set up as your speeds?

After a few weeks if you're still having trouble, I suggest trying a different string set up. If that doesnt work for you maybe the racket doesnt suit you.:confused: