PDA

View Full Version : bumperless blx

tomtn
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
has anyone tried to use blx90 bumperless? also how can we make such a racquet. thanks for any advice. i am looking to make it head lighter.

Fed Kennedy
06-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Dont do it...you will lose all plow through. The rac is already very hl with a weak upper hoop. You will render it brittle and powerless.

alen_david
06-02-2011, 05:14 PM
has anyone tried to use blx90 bumperless? also how can we make such a racquet. thanks for any advice. i am looking to make it head lighter.

It's already one of the most headlight rackets out there... Even Head's Prestige line doesn't touch the 12-pts. headlight balance of unstrung Tour 90s. I suggest take Fed Kennedy's words with regard. He made some excellent points.

alen_david
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
...and plus you risk damaging the most damaged part of any frame - the head.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
06-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Silicone, My friend.

tomtn
06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
thanks for all reply. the reason i ask, i have serverals blx. some of them seems different weight, authenticity is not issue bought them at tw and double check, so one of the blx is super stiff and heavy on the swing follow through while others are normal swing weight. that is why i ask.

what do you mean by silicone? thanks.

Fedace
06-02-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks for all reply. the reason i ask, i have serverals blx. some of them seems different weight, authenticity is not issue bought them at tw and double check, so one of the blx is super stiff and heavy on the swing follow through while others are normal swing weight. that is why i ask.

what do you mean by silicone? thanks.

you know like silicone breast implants...you know.. as far as that bumper, not sure if that bumper comes off or not. Babolat rackets the bumper can be taken off and detaches from the grommets so it is just matter of taking it off and putting the grommet back in.
but with Wilson, it may not be possible. So in this case you have to take off the bumper guard and CUT off the plastic head guard part with Scissors. and put the remaining grommet back in. It can be done.

As far as the head light balance goes, if you do this, the Head will be LESS stable for the most part and you will lose some power. but it will become MUCH easier to swing thru.

Do this. Cut the Head guard off and put on the Babolat head tape on where the head guard was. Then this will give you some protection from scratches and also add little bit of weight back on.

tomtn
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
i will try that thank you.

austintennis2005
06-03-2011, 08:22 AM
fedace, how much does the headguard usually weigh? i got a HPS 6.1 tour and it weighs a TON, i thought for sure there was lead under the headguard but no it was just super heavy.

Fedace
06-03-2011, 08:29 AM
fedace, how much does the headguard usually weigh? i got a HPS 6.1 tour and it weighs a TON, i thought for sure there was lead under the headguard but no it was just super heavy.

AGree with you. Never measured it though so how many ounces,,not sure ?? I do agree these bumper weight alot. Even the bumper with Holes in it like Bablolat Pure drive GT bumper weigh alot. When i took it off, i Immediately noticed the drop in weight in the head. Racket swung like there was no strings in the head......LOL
so Less mass in the head, = >>> increase in manuverability but it lost some power as i figured it would. but i wanted the manuverability so i kept it like that. and PD plus is already very powerful racket so it didn't hurt much but it did decrease some Weight of the shots in each ground strokes too. You have to know that too.