PDA

View Full Version : Aero Storm Tour 08'-Arm Killer?

GorillaPeanuts
06-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Hey my mates been playing with the AeroStorm Tour 08' and his elbows been killing him, so my question is that is the Aerostorm Tour 08' an arm killer-or would it just be that he uses RPM blasts 16G?

alen_david
06-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I had the chance to hit with this racket before with a full Babolat Multi on the stringbed and it felt so good, very nice pocketing feel. So, I'm guessing that it's the strings. The AST was crisp, and was loaded with control. I wish it was a bit more powerful though. I found myself swinging at my max and the ball just can't travel fast enough or as deep in the opponent's court as with other rackets, say the K90 (that I previously owned).

Sreeram
06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
yes the racquet is stiff. But you can still go with lower string tension and softer strings to counter balance it. Try the prohuricane tour hybrid and the racquet plays so well. I got nice depth with it for my flat shorts, but i moved out of this racquet because it was forcing me more to go flat because ther racquet by default imparts spin in the balls. I still feel it is a great stick for people who like slightly stiffer frame.

flashfire276
06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
It really depends on the user.
For some people like me, I find that the added stiffness of the GT model doesn't bring up stiffness, but the solidity.
But you know, some people that are really sensitive can take a beating. And RPM isn't exactly the softest string after it's lifespan.

Try it with a soft synthetic (MCS, PSGD), then maybe a softer co-poly (Black Magic, BHB).

ryushen21
06-03-2011, 08:35 AM
I found the most comfortable string setup in this frame was a poly/gut hybrid. Unfortunately for me, I couldnt use that setup because of the high power from the gut.

I would recommend poly in the lower end of the tension range to increase comfort and get some added pop.

Mine were very solid feeling but they were also heavily modified (396g, 385 SW, 9pts. HL).