PDA

View Full Version : EXO3 Tour tension question

jk175d
06-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm demoing one of these sticks and mostly really like hitting with it. It feels a little lightweight in my hands but my hitting partner tells me my ball feels heavier than usual. I've just been hitting with whatever string is on the demo, but I like the frame enough to string it with my usual setup and give it another go. I've been stringing an APDC with tour bite mains @ 50 and gosen sheep crosses @ 56. (both 17g).

I'm curious if you EXO3 Tour users have found you need to adjust your tensions at all coming from different frames. Thanks.

Rabbit
06-03-2011, 06:35 AM
I have not. I strung the C10 and Aerostorm both with Lux Ace/NRG @ 48/52 and that translated very nicely to the EXO 3.

I'd keep apples to apples and string it the same.

jk175d
06-03-2011, 06:46 AM
ok thanks. I'll give it a go. It looks like it should be a pretty easy string job but I've never strung up one of these with the open ports. Is it as straight up as it looks or are there any hidden pitfalls I should be aware of?

esgee48
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Check the markings on the frame before mounting. There's only one way you can do crosses. Also check the threads in the Stringing machines section on doing this frame. OTW you should be good to go!

Rabbit
06-03-2011, 07:43 AM
^^^
he is exactly right.

There is a marking on the inside of the frame that says SHORT SIDE. If you're stringing one-piece, be aware of that otherwise your crosses won't match.

If you're stringing two-piece, be aware as well there is a marking that says "START KNOT", that is where you'll need to have the first cross terminate. (I say terminate, because I don't use a starting knot, I use a starting clamp.)

jk175d
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
thanks for the tips. I did spot the markings and had no real problems with the stringing. Only minor issue was the first few crosses in open ports... when I pulled the tension it would swivel the raquet around so the string was following the path of least resistance and thus not exiting the port perpendicular to the mains. Not sure exactly how to describe this but I'm sure anyone who has strung one of these must know what I'm talking about? What is the "proper" solution to this? What I did was just use my body to keep the raquet from swiveling and then clamped it off. No problem. But there must be a Prince supplied wedge tool or something?