PDA

View Full Version : any canadians order from TW?

lobster
06-27-2005, 05:12 PM
some feedback is appreciated.
mainly: how much did(do) you pay in shipping costs.
i'm thinking of ordering some strings but wonder if the shipping costs will outweigh the cost of the strings.
point> is it worth it?

thejackal
06-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Very much so. Go for it.

While you're at it I would order some overgrips and lead/head tape. The small stuff really cost more at tennis stores in Canada.

06-28-2005, 07:47 AM
all my TW purchases have bee very smooth. **** have them shipped via the US Post Office, as UPS and FedEx screw you with a 'customs clearance'/brokerage surcharge that hurts your bottom line ****

you'll likely have to pay Canadian duty when you pick up yur shipment @ local post office though

Richie Rich
06-28-2005, 07:54 AM
all my TW purchases have bee very smooth. **** have them shipped via the US Post Office, as UPS and FedEx screw you with a 'customs clearance'/brokerage surcharge that hurts your bottom line ****

you'll likely have to pay Canadian duty when you pick up yur shipment @ local post office though

you don't pay duty charges - only pst and gst on the cdn $ value plus a $5 customs fee.

lobster
06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
thx guys, looks like bulk ordering is the way to go.

armand
07-26-2005, 08:08 AM
You gotta pay a lot in tariffs. I payed 30 dollars(Canadian) in tariffs when the dude came to my door to drop off my new racquet. It's proportional to the value of the item(s) you are buyin'.

Richie Rich
07-26-2005, 08:27 AM
You gotta pay a lot in tariffs. I payed 30 dollars(Canadian) in tariffs when the dude came to my door to drop off my new racquet. It's proportional to the value of the item(s) you are buyin'.

makes sense if gst and pst = 15% + $5 customs fee. would have been worse if shipped ups or fedex.

Joe12
07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
I'll try a poly and synthetic gut hybrid for my next string set-up. Comments are welcome.

Polyester Nominees: Babolat Pro Hurricane, Signum Pro Poly Plasma, Wilson Enduro Pro, Unique Tourna Poly Big Hitter, Gosen Polylon Comfort, Luxilon Super Poly. Needs: Power, Tension Holding, Some Comfort.

Synthetic Gut Nominees: Gosen OG Sheep Micro, Forten Sweet, Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex. Needs: Power, Tension Holding, Comfort.

Currently I'm thinking Unique and Forten. And how is Forten different from Gosen and how is Unique different from Babolat? (In the strings mentioned.)

(I'm using this obscure post for a link in my sig)

Please e-mail answers or just tell me on any thread.

Richie Rich
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
I was gonna buy Gosen Polylon 17 from TW but instead I got Babolat Pro Hurricane at a shop.

thanks for telling us this. Cool!

tom-selleck
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
hoping to be in san fran/L.A. and in between in august... i'll definitely try to pick up some stuff........

i would order so much online (like used books) if we didn't have all these extra fees from U.S. sites. always just the basic shipping fee is more and it's weeks not days (so paying extra to get slower delivery)...

finally ordered some stuff from amazon.ca (sensational prices on books, and free shipping), but they don't have tennis stuff do they.

Fatmike
07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
no, but I bought from rcs racquetsport which is very fine and low prices too... it's based in ontario

divito
07-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I've ordered and no problems. The only thing I hate about Canada is the stupid customs cost, so I end up paying anywhere from $12-25 extra just because of customs shipping. It is kind of annoying, but shipping and everything from TW is fine and everywhere else I've ever ordered anything.

PrestigeClassic
07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
That bites. To help your burden somewhat, you can request TW to match a lower advertised price from a competitor. Just search on the Web for what the lowest price is and from where.

scez
07-26-2005, 03:47 PM
no, but I bought from rcs racquetsport which is very fine and low prices too... it's based in ontario

Thats where I got all my racquets from. Great store. Its 20 minutes from my house, and I just use there **** price and they allow it unlike other stores. Instead of paying $250 for my prestige, I payed $170. Gotta love that place.

Tolip
07-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Although the prices in TW are EXTREMELY attractive but it is still not wirth it. I bought tons of stuff from TW but the custom, shipping and handling fees (especially for UPS) is totally a ripper. For a racquet you will be looking at around 90CDN just for these fees. NOT WORTH IT. I better of get it in CAN.

If you really want to get stuff from TW, go with the regular postal service but NOT UPS.

Richie Rich
07-26-2005, 04:30 PM
i only buy strings from tw. racquets are not worth it, especially with places like rcs.

equinox
07-29-2005, 01:23 AM
How much was the reel of Kirshbaum Touch Turbo selling for before the price rise?