PDA

View Full Version : UPGRADE FROM POG OS

dhaber
04-25-2004, 04:40 AM
I started playing with the POG OG five years ago, when shoulder, elbow, wrist, all were hurting. Either the racquet helped, or my form improved, but there was a great improvement. However, I felt loss of power. I am middle age plus 3.5 -4.0 player, and need the extra power. I am an all court player.
I demoed many racquets, and liked especially the Vockel C!0, and the Prince NXG OS. Any suggestions? my criteria is: easy on your arm, control, power.

rooski
04-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Volkl Cat V1 comes to mind. It's a great stick. Nice power, good control, and a cushy feel.

The C10, while an excellent racket, doesn't sound like it would work for you. It has significantly LESS power than your POGOS and it's far less forgiving than what you are using.

The NXG OS which I demoed last week is a fine racket ...but really IMO, won't give you what you are looking for coming from the ORIGINAL Prince graphite.

My .02

Momo
04-25-2004, 09:13 AM
dhaber,

If you string your POG looser, do you tend to lose too much control to compensate for the increase in power? If you like everything else about your POG OS (I have one too), then maybe experimenting with softer, livelier,, or more loosly strung strings might be a better route to take than trying to replace the stick.

Momo

BHud
04-25-2004, 09:13 AM
There are no upgrades to the POG OS...only compromises. First try stringing it at the lowest recommended tension w/ a soft multi-filament...if you still need more power, go the the TT Warrior OS. It has plenty of power...

Brent Pederson
04-25-2004, 09:21 AM
If you're determined to switch, try the C10 pro OS, which has a much bigger sweetspot and more power than the standard c10...

Overall, though, I tend to go along with some of the others. Try stringing near the low end of the scale with lively string first, because you really can't beat that racket, even with all of today's offerings.

dhaber
04-26-2004, 04:04 AM
any suggestions on strings?

BHud
04-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I use Wilson NXT 16 (or 17 at times, but they tend to wear out quickly).

Steve H.
04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Intellitour at 62lbs has a lot of pop on a POG

Kirko
04-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Bow Brand 18 ga. I got some here @ TW & it is "feisty" for me I have found THE string for my POG's .Good Luck !