PDA

View Full Version : Please TW admin. upgrade the server before sunday

Dutch-Guy
06-04-2011, 04:15 AM
I could barely post a comment in the breaker (4th set). And when the match was over i had to wait like 3 long hours before i could log in again. Very frustrating.
So admin please do something about it before sunday otherwise this site 'd be unaccessible (especially the live comments thread).

A suggestion: don't allow guests to access the site til the match over.

Thanx in advance.:)

jelle v
06-04-2011, 04:27 AM
While this probably is the wrong forum to post this, but I had the same problems. I could easily get to www.tennis-warehouse.com, but when I clicked on "message board" I could not get on the forum or only after waiting for minutes.

sureshs
06-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Please do NOT upgrade the server.

In-house servers are so passe.

Today, it is about cloud computing. Buy compute cycles from Amazon, Microsoft etc and you will pay for what you use. When there is a peak demand, you will get more resources.

Migrate to the cloud. That is where the action is. Personal computers and servers are yesterday's news, like Djokovic.

jerriy
06-04-2011, 04:30 AM
The entire last few days have been a mess.

Server is constantly stalling/slow or whatever the c0ckup is that is causing all this.

Something is clearly wrong, that much is a certainty.

Shangri La
06-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Comes final time, this place is about to BLOOOWW.

Dutch-Guy
06-04-2011, 04:46 AM
While this probably is the wrong forum to post this, but I had the same problems. I could easily get to www.tennis-warehouse.com, but when I clicked on "message board" I could not get on the forum or only after waiting for minutes.

You waited for minutes but i had to wait for hours (3 to be exact). I'm afraid this site 'd be down comes sunday.

Netzroller
06-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah, you're right. Given the match up, it would be too bad for all the hatred and insults that can't be posted...:lol:

namelessone
06-04-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm not even gonna try and post until Monday :)

I was trying to post during set 4(wasn't even over) and I couldn't get in.

jaggy
06-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Comes final time, this place is about to BLOOOWW.

It will have to be declared a state of emergency due to the cyber destruction

Seany
06-04-2011, 07:28 AM
If Federer wins, TW will implode, the traffic will be ridiculous.

Ralph
06-04-2011, 07:31 AM
It isn't going to happen, there hasn't even been a notice that the forum will be down for a while which would be the case if servers were switched.

On the Sunday, just enjoy the match. No need to be posting simultaneously :)

arche3
06-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Agreed. If fed wins all hell will break loose here.

If Federer wins, TW will implode, the traffic will be ridiculous.

Sentinel
06-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Please do NOT upgrade the server.

In-house servers are so passe.

Today, it is about cloud computing. Buy compute cycles from Amazon, Microsoft etc and you will pay for what you use. When there is a peak demand, you will get more resources.

Migrate to the cloud. That is where the action is. Personal computers and servers are yesterday's news, like Djokovic.
LOL.

What's more they are using a software that runs on PHP which is a resource hog. I could write the software for them in Lisp or Cobol and then it would run with 10,000 concurrent users on an iPad. It would take me a 100 years to write it, though, so don't hold your breath, Đoković.

RCizzle65
06-04-2011, 08:05 AM
The message boards aren't on the same server as the regular site I don't think. This style of message boards is popular around small and medium communities and I've seen it before. And an update won't just happen overnight, that stuff takes time

rommil
The system went slow and confused because the *******s were cheering for Federer.

MichaelNadal
Agreed. If fed wins all hell will break loose here.

The inmates will run the asylum. They have been pent up since AO2010.

RCizzle65
06-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Nvm I guess TW does do the server I thought this software was the people who also hosted it
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin