PDA

View Full Version : Switch from LM Prestige MP to O3 Tour = Elbow Pain??!?!

ian5
06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I just switched from the LM Prestige MP to the Prince O3 Tour and after 3 days I have elbow pain. I might be adjusted to the racket. Has anyone else had his problem? Is the O3 Tour supposed to be good or bad for the elbow?

Thanks

LogicSound
06-27-2005, 08:36 PM
i have the o3 tour, and have no pains what so ever. maybe its just that your adjusting to a new racquet.

AndrewD
06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
The 03Tour is a very comfortable racquet and although it's not marketed as being good for the elbow its a long way from harmful (for the average person. you could be the exception).

Id say what you're experiencing is a reaction to a new racquet with a different weight and a different swingweight. Perhaps you could let us know what string, tension and any other modifications you're using as that could be a cause.

ian5
06-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I have Babolat VS 17 Gut at 62lbs, the racket is weighted to 12 oz and 9 pts head light.

AndrewD
06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Ian,

it sounds ideal. Soft and safe gut, low flex in the racquet, good weight and nice swingweight. The two racquets spec pretty closely, the only major differences being composition and string pattern (which might be taking you a bit longer to adjust to and some do find an open pattern harsher than a closed one).

Apart from string pattern I can't really see what the trouble might be. I mean, we aren't talking about a super stiff racquet or a super light one. Id suggest keeping a close eye on things and if there is any indication that they might get worse then prepare to write the 03 Tour off as a racquet that just doesn't work for you.