PDA

View Full Version : volkl power bridge 7 thoughts

bemarmor3
06-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I am considering purchasing a power bridge 7, but still not confident after playing with a demo racquet. The stiffness rating concerns me. As anyone played with this racquet and has any thoughts about the way it plays.

nasaguy
06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I just starting playing with the PB7 after using the Volkl Quantum 10 tour for the last 7 years. It has given me good pop on my serve and I am hitting more groundies real well. My biggest problem is I can't seem to get any kick on my second serve and I don't have as much touch as I used to. Overall I like the racquet but was thinking of trying the Babolat Pure Storm Tour to see if I can get more feel and spin on my second serve

ollinger
06-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I didn't find it stiff though did find it too light for me, and I never got it quite to my liking with lead tape. Try me at wasabe666@aoldotcom as I have one listed for sale, and another potential buyer seems to have receded.

Steve Huff
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I just strung a couple of them for a guy. He uses poly mains, Asterick Spin crosses. He was previously using an EXO3 Red. The Prince was hurting his shoulder while the Volkl did not. He just bought a 2nd Volkl and is selling the Prince. He said their power level is comparable and the Prince actually had a little better feel--just hard on his shoulder. He's a singles 4.0 player, does not hit extremely hard, but uses a lot of topspin.

bemarmor3
06-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the opinions about the power bridge 7.