PDA

View Full Version : My demoing reviews

TheBoom
06-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Alright so i had 20 bucks to blow so i went to my local pro shop to demo some rackets and see what is out there.
Prince exo3 tour 18x20
Groundstrokes: It took a little bit to get used to the pocketing of this racket but once i did i was able to start doing well. I was hitting spin that kicked up about 7 feet which i have a hard time doing with my 300 tour. Control was a little harder to get on my groundies but when my swing speed was up it was much easier. Power was lacking without a full swing but when i did swing fast i hit a faster and heavier ball. The slice was amazing, it skidded off the court very well and stayed nice and low

Serving: I added about 5 mph with this thing probably due to the extra weight it has. I found spin to be decent but about as good as my 300 tour on serves and was not nearly as good on my second serves as my 300 tour but my flat serve excelled

Returning- effortless power, it absorbed the pace exceptionally well and was easy to redirect as well stability was no issue

Overall- Great racket! I would have to hit more to get used to the feel but the weight seemed to benefit me very much in all aspects.

Soon to come IG extreme mp (didn't have the pro) and the blx blade tour!!

TheBoom
06-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Ok so i hit with the Extreme MP today and here are my thoughts

Groundstrokes: amazing spin and easy power. I loved the feel of bringing it around to hit heavy spin and got effortless depth. It was fairly stable and i had little trouble with heavier shots. The only downside would be the little mass that could get into the shot, it was very hard to hit a heavy ball compared to the exo3 tour and i think that hurt me a little bit but the feel was great

Serve: Hard to tell it was windy today but there was lots of spin when i needed it and my flat serve seemed to get some speed but again the weight didn't make it feel like i was hitting the ball heavily

Serve returns: It wasn't too hard to return, i was able to slice hit loopy or flat on my return. It was slightly unstable but nothing a little lead can't fix

Volleys: only hit a few with this but drop volleys were very nasty with this frame and other volleys were average nothing special

Bottom line- Good racket but the specs aren't my piece of pie. i think that the pro version of this racket would be much better for me but if you cannot handle the weight i think this is a great alternative, i would say it was better than the aero pro drive in most catagories

TheBoom
06-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Hit the blx blade tour and personaly i wasn't a huge fan. It wen't through the ball great but it just felt off. (before i go on it had sh*ty synthetic string in it) but there was hardly spin on groundies. It had better feel than the other blx's but there was still something off. My serve was slightly slower than with the exo3 tour which was unexpected. Spin on serves was again very little just enough if i was doing everything right. Overall i think it was ok and the strings probably affected the preformance but the k factor was far superior. My brother however loves this racket and is playing outstanding with it (played best of 3 games with one of our # 1 double players and the number 2-3 singles and took them to deuce on both games hitting aces and pounding strokes but lost in straights :( so i guess its just me)
Btw i use a sw forehand 2hbh 6' 6" tall, arguably best serve on the team here and i play number 1 singles

TheBoom
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Prince Ignite 95
Got this in a trade and i love it!!!!

Groundstrokes: it destroys the ball! I have a fast swing and get lots of racket head speed so this just went through the ball. There was lots of spin to be had and this helped my consistantly greatly. My backhand actually turned into a leathal weapon! It was a dream!

Serves: i thought the exo3 tour was good my serve was great! I got enough spin and my serves forced my opponent back even farther than they normally and hit twice as many aces against him as normal (i hit 5)

Serve returns: it was incredibly stable, i was able to get the ball back deep and even hit winners.

Volleys: very good here as well, it wasn't pushed at all, the only issue i ran into was i had a hard time hitting drop volleys though but thats ok

Overall: solid and my prefered stick. I haven't found anything that can match this thing in any aspect

OldButGame
06-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Nice job Boom!!!!....You made me pull up the specs on that exo3 tour,....that looks like it COULD be a sweet stick!!!...i see why You chose to demo it....(close to the 300Tour),...I'll have to watch for the price to go down on THAT!!....(and wow!!..that is one FLEXY racquet!!!!)

TheBoom
06-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice job Boom!!!!....You made me pull up the specs on that exo3 tour,....that looks like it COULD be a sweet stick!!!...i see why You chose to demo it....(close to the 300Tour),...I'll have to watch for the price to go down on THAT!!....(and wow!!..that is one FLEXY racquet!!!!)

It was very fun to hit with! My friends hated it and said it felt like rubber and it did but when push came to shove and i needed it to preform it did not let me down. I even almost did a rafa (not as cool but still) and on the dead run about three feet to the right of the hash hit the ball over the net post and right on the side of the service line on the other side. At that moment i knew it was a special stick :) and the serve like i said was amazing but the ignite totally left it in the dust without question

TheBoom
06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I will have reviews on the Vcore 95D and the solinco pro 10 soon

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Ah, Boom, if only you had tried a Bio 200...

TheBoom
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Ah, Boom, if only you had tried a Bio 200...

If its at the place i demo from i'll try it :)

TheBoom
06-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Solinco pro 10
Groundstrokes: it preformed very well actually. I did't hit a single thing long it was fairly low powered and had revenge strung at a higher tension in it. I found decent spin not crazy but about as much as my 300 tour. I wasn't overpowering which frusturated me greatly. Also it felt pretty brassy and stiff which wasn't what i prefered.

Serve: again i had a hard time getting power but the racket had excelent directional control to it. Flat servrs were great, slice was decent not exactly in par with my 300 tour however

Volleys: great drop volleys and slices i got excelent action on the ball

Serve returns: it did ok nothing to spictacular the feel bugged me here as well.

All in all i actually preformed ok but the feel was something i wasn't used to and i the lack ofpower turned me away from it, i expected a racket with that kind of weight to go throught the ball more. Perhaps it was the revenge, it may play better with a hybrid

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Dunlop Biomimetic 200 lite

Groundstrokes: I liked the access that there was to spin, both slice and topspin came fairly easily due to the SW of the racket.. On problem was that the racket didn't have much access to power, it was very much lacking due to the flex and the sw

Serve: it went fast through the ball and served like my 300 tour nothing much added

Volleys: this thing was amazing! It felt solid going through the ball on volleys and it was easy to do whatever i wanted to the ball

Serve Returns: felt a little more stable than my 300 but otherwise the same

Overall: It was good i think that weight would do it good especially in the upper hoop like many other people have said, I think it should be weighted around 12 oz and it would be a boss but all in all great racket with lots of potential

UWBTennis
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
So are you still sticking with the ignite 95 as your best choice?

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Donnay X-Blue 94

Groundstrokes: Very good i loved pounding my backhand down the line especially, the ball came alive once i was swinging freely. My forehand struggles only slightly i had a hard time whipping it for an inside out forehand due to the sw

Serve: It did ok again i didn't feel i gained much maybe a little bit faster but about the same control as my 300 tour

Volleys: SOLID nothing would go through the thing and it punched the ball back, lacked some maneuverability and would be better for a quick stay at net

Serve returns: Felt good again the 12 oz weight kept anything from pushing it around

Overall: A frame i could use if i wanted to. I might need a little more conditioning so that i could swing it for the duration of a 3 set match. I love the donnay's new feel and the solid racket takes the annoying ping away from the sticks. Fun test

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 02:35 PM
UWB tennis I am not sure i will need to hit more with it and compare with my 300's again. I think that if i added weight to the 300 tour's that they would do the same as the ignite but with my prefered stick but the ignite is still up for grabs
Overall top picks from all rackets i've ever tried:
1. 300 tour/ignite
2. EXO3 tour
3. Biomimetic 200 lite
4. HEAD Youtek non-ig speed 18x20
5. Donnay X-Blue

UWBTennis
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
K thanks. yeah, I liked the aerogel 4D 300 tour but I always felt like it could have been more stable and the ignite seem to fit the bill, but the swingweight pretty much scared me away from ever trying it so I was just curious. Does it feel like something with a 340 swingweight or does the holes help make it more like 330?

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
To me its swing weight isn't too bad. It feels more like its in the 330's. The blx 95 swung slower than the ignite does for sure. Probably due to the balance

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-20-2011, 04:02 PM
You do realise that a regular 200 is the 200 lite with more heft?

(Poor boy, I think it's his height, not enough oxygen getting to his brain)

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Lol! It is simmilar the string pattern in more open. Would you say that the 200 tour is he one in that line more simmilar to the lite? If it is, is it a mix of the light & the ignite together, i'd be very interested to know if it is

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I dunno, I didn't like the 200 plus very much, it reminded me too much of the 500 Tour, but I have never played with the 200 Tour.

Anyway, I thought you liked 18 x 20?

TheBoom
06-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I do normally but on the 200 it just felt weird..... it may have been the rpm it was strung with (not a fan of that stuff) so i'll have to see