PDA

View Full Version : Should I just stick with my current racket?

rodgerizsik
06-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I demoed a few rackets and decided I liked the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid the best and I was planning on getting it, until a though recently just popped in my head. Should I just stick with my current racket? I have been using it for two years and it is the Wilson nTour Two nCode?
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/WNT2-1.JPG

I haven't really had any problems with it, it's just that I felt that hey maybe I should get a new racket. I mean a racket can't make that big of a difference in your game can it???

Spin-A-Lot
06-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Changing racquets CAN make a difference in your game, for better or for worse...it all comes down to what YOU want...going from the nTour to the YT Prestige Mid is a BIG change and will require you to adjust greatly..the Prestige mid is considered a more demanding racquet compared to your current one..

If you have the money to spend, why not? Otherwise you could look into customizing your current stick with lead tape and whatnot or mess around with strings and see how that works for you ;)

I guess it all comes down to how you play tennis..if you're just playing for fun and fitness with the occasional competition here and there..and you have the money..then have fun trying out all the racquets out there...otherwise, if you play competitively 'then 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' IMHO ;)

alen_david
06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
GET IT, you'll be pleased! A heavier racket develops your strokes and timing more. Also, you are much less likely to get pushed around during a rally with a racket that has more heft.