PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Pro Stock Frame?

Tough Gut
06-06-2011, 07:38 AM
About 3 years ago I trained with a top junior named Jermere Jenkins who now plays for the tennis team at UVA. At the time he was using a KBlade Tour. One day the strings broke and the frame cracked slightly in the neck area. I asked if i could keep and he let me. Just today i concluded it might be an h22 or an h19. There is lead under the bumper and some foamy material in the handle. There are specs written inside the neck like a stock racquet.

So I was wondering if it is a pro stock frame based on my description,(sorry I don't have pictures), and if it is can i send it to Wilson for a new h22 or h19?

(TW says this racquet is 335g strung, but when i weighed it it was 350.3g strung with no overgrip or dampner.)

Thanks.

flashfire276
06-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Can be. With the fact that there's a bunch of lead and foam AND it's still lighter than stock specs, there's a high possibility.
And no, you cannot send it in and get a new one. Unless you want to pay big money. You can't even replace retail racquets after 1 year, let alone an H22/19. Also, you're not the sponsored player, so you should have no connection with Wilson. Maybe if you ask your friend?
Bump this! I would like to know the exact answer!

Oh yeah, post pictures if you can! Thanks!

tennisexecutor
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
i'm sorry but there's no chance of them issuing you a replacement for a pro stock frame. based on my experience of dealing with the many people at wilson, not one of them ever even acknowledged the existence of these pro stock frames.

Tough Gut
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys. And Flash, I haven't talked to him since then because im in Pennsylvania and he's been in Virginia. I will try tpo post some pics soon.

eleventeenth street
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
all retail kblade tours have foam in the handle. as do many other wilson sticks. i don't really get your point about the weight.

With the fact that there's a bunch of lead and foam AND it's still lighter than stock specs, there's a high possibility.

but it's not lighter than stock weight. unless i am misreading something, he said the racquet he had was 350 grams as opposed to the retail strung weight of 335. so it's about 15 grams heavier which makes sense as he said that there is lead under the bumper. also, wilson is notorious for their bad quality control.

toucano
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi
i think if it was a Pro stock frame then it will be based on an older mold with a more K Blade paintjob, i think normally made from higher quality graphite so players can customize them to the required specs.
if you remove the lead then check the specs against the retail version, the weight,balance and swingweight would differ.

flashfire276
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
all retail kblade tours have foam in the handle. as do many other wilson sticks. i don't really get your point about the weight.

but it's not lighter than stock weight. unless i am misreading something, he said the racquet he had was 350 grams as opposed to the retail strung weight of 335. so it's about 15 grams heavier which makes sense as he said that there is lead under the bumper. also, wilson is notorious for their bad quality control.

Ohhh, I must have misread. I stand correct. My apologies!

atran3
05-31-2012, 03:04 PM
About 3 years ago I trained with a top junior named Jermere Jenkins who now plays for the tennis team at UVA. At the time he was using a KBlade Tour. One day the strings broke and the frame cracked slightly in the neck area. I asked if i could keep and he let me. Just today i concluded it might be an h22 or an h19. There is lead under the bumper and some foamy material in the handle. There are specs written inside the neck like a stock racquet.

So I was wondering if it is a pro stock frame based on my description,(sorry I don't have pictures), and if it is can i send it to Wilson for a new h22 or h19?

(TW says this racquet is 335g strung, but when i weighed it it was 350.3g strung with no overgrip or dampner.)

Thanks.

does h19 stand for 19 mm?