PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX Pro Tour/Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT

cinesage
06-07-2011, 06:43 AM
After 3 solid weeks of testing racquets, I've narrowed it down to two which - not surprisingly - have very similar specs and playing characteristics. In fact, neither is a lot different from my existing stick (Wilson ncode nsix-one 95 18x20).

Until this morning, the difference appeared to be that the Wilson served better while the Babolat volleyed better; ground-strokes are equivalent. BTW, I'm a 3.5 player. However, after an extensive workout with the ball machine and serving this AM, I can't tell the difference anymore serving, so I'll likely choose the Babolat for it's slightly better feel volleying (and hitting drop shots, I think). I also think that because it's a newer modeled racquet, it might be longer before it's discontinued?

Any opinions from long term users of these racquets are welcome re: impact to your arm. I'm a little sore above my right elbow, which isn't uncommon for me, especially after I've been swinging for the fences;-)

Much appreciate any input before this decision. Thanks!

For more on my deliberations, read http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=344218