PDA

View Full Version : Head YT Instinct S vs EXO3 Tour Lite? I need some advice

captainobvious
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Im looking for a racquet to replace my Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet OS. Im about a 3.0 level player practicing and improving every week, and the OS head is a bit too large, and has too much power for me. I have demo'd several racquets, and I really like a few things about both the new Head YT Instinct S and the Prince EXO3 Tour Lite 100. The Instinct has a very high comfort level and good sweetspot that I rarely mishit on. I also seem to generate more spin with this racquet than my Hornet which would make sense. On the downside, its a little light at the head for me and on serves, im less consistent as Im driving balls a little too deep due to the snap on this racquet.
On the EXO3 Tour Lite side, it has a little less power which you notice off the bat, and it almost seems a little springy in both sound and feel. My serves are much more consistent though probably due to the reduced power and the extra weight at the head of the racquet. Feel wise, it falls short for me compared to the Head as it has more vibration on shots, even though the string bed seems 'springier'. I keep more balls in, but the comfort and feel isnt there. Maybe the stock sting setup wasnt very good for me? Who knows...

SO...what do you recommend? Can I lead tape the Instinct S to get a slightly heavier feel at the head and overall and will this reduce my swing speed/power to keep shots in more while retaining the sweet feel/comfort? Should I try the O3 Hornet MP instead with a little head weight? Will the EXO3 Tour Team 100 be a better choice, that I can then add some head weight to?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, its appreciated !!

:)

captainobvious
06-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Basically what I'm getting at here is that I'm serving better with the EXO3 Tour Lite 100 probably due to two factors...the lower power of the racquet and the extra weight at the head making it have a heavier feeling swing. Both of these help to keep my serves from driving too deep which has been a problem for me as im swinging faster and still using an oversize racquet with too much power.
Will adding lead tape reduce my swing speed enough to offset the extra power of the Instinct S or will it have the opposite effect by driving through the ball more? Im starting to think I just need a heavier racquet/swing weight... :???:

esgee48
06-08-2011, 08:57 AM
I would go with the O3 Hybrid Hornet MP. But before doing anything, just increase the tension in your current frame by 3-5 #. Or go with a slightly deader string at the same tension. Or go with a thicker string (17 to 16 ga or 16 to 15L) since you are using the OS. That should tame some of the power. The OS also has a SW of 316? Go to the Racket Customization tool to see where to add lead tape if you want to up your SW.