PDA

View Full Version : KBlade 98 or LM Radical MP

Tennis16
06-08-2011, 06:47 AM
KBlade 98 or LM Radical MP which would you choose and why ?

cnr1guy
06-08-2011, 07:11 AM
LM Radical... because its a great stick at a great price!

alen_david
06-08-2011, 07:12 AM
LM Radical... because its a great stick at a great price!

+1 on that!

5imon
06-08-2011, 07:14 AM
i would go for the radical too, since i only play with it and the price is just :twisted:
BTW i thought you are getting kbblade from TW already:confused:

d wayne
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I went with the LM Radical over the K Blade 98 and the YT Radical.
I wanted to like the K Blade, but it felt much more even balanced than I expected- almost felt head heavy in spite of the specs(possible quality control issue with the demo?). I never felt comfortable with my timing while using the K Blade.
The YT Radical felt similar to the K Blade, but was more inconsistent in its ball response.
I have really enjoyed the LM Radical- more headlight than the other 2 mentioned here. More power than I expected(playing with Gosen OG 16 Super) and good ball feel. Glad I went with the LM Radical

Tennis16
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I am play testing the LM radical tonight. As many of you have stated you just can't beat the price. Let you know the results of my demo tonight.

BobFL
06-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I am play testing the LM radical tonight. As many of you have stated you just can't beat the price. Let you know the results of my demo tonight.

Hey GS, nice to see you here :) Fyi, LM Radical responds VERY well to lead! Try it in stock form but also with some lead tape...

Tennis16
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks SD. The LM Radical I am trying tonight has a leather grip, and 1 gram at the 3,9. Let you know how it plays.

BobFL
06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks SD. The LM Radical I am trying tonight has a leather grip, and 1 gram at the 3,9. Let you know how it plays.

Great! Leather grip typically adds 8grams + 2grams = 10 grams total which is great place to start with :) Looking forward to hearing your impression :)

OldButGame
06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah,...I would be yet another +1 on the LM Radical. Absolutely one of my top sticks,...and for 'serious' matches,...one of my first 'Go To' sticks!!!!!http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

roundiesee
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
With the right string setup, both can be very good (I think both of these may be fairly string sensitive). I think the Blade 98 is stiffer but not uncomfortable (string at lower tensions and avoid poly if you have a sensitive arm). I seem to play slightly better with the Blade as it somehow gives me more control and confidence to swing out, and is slightly better at the net; but the LM Radical is also very good with a nice feel and is a good all-court stick. I think you won't go wrong with either. Good luck! :)

TripleB
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
LM Radical Midplus!

An awesome racquet at an amazing price...an most importantly it didn't cause me arm problems like the KBlade 98 did.

If the LM Rad MP would have had a more open string pattern I'd probably still be using it instead of my Prince Ozone Tours.

If you don't mind an open string pattern I'd check out the Ozone Tour...unbelievable racquet at an incredible price. IMO, it's basically the LM Rad MP with more spin and power.

TripleB

OldButGame
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
(Welcome Back Triple B !!!! :) )

Tennis16
06-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Played the LM radical last night with a leather grip, and 1 gram at the 3,9.
Static weight was 11.5, and balance was 6 pts HL. Was a little less powerful than the K Blade, and the sweet spot seemed rather small. But overall a pretty nice hit. But a good friend of mine was playing in the adjacent court, and my final set i used his PDR+. My service that entire set was nonreturnable, and forehand topspin shots had my opponent pushed way back. I had a blast playing this stick. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgoran
06-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey man hope all is well I see that you are still looking for a racket :)

I remember you came from Pure Drive but it was giving you some arm problems now you went back to it last night and its honeymoon :) Of course you cannot beat PD especially + version on serve simply does not get any better.

Radicals are awesome but they are not easy to use (especially leaded), they are definitely more of a "players" sticks than any Pure Drives out there. And I am not saying that as a positive for LM Rad. Rads are great sticks just have to be out there 4-6 hrs every day to come close to what you can do with Pure Drive playing 2hrs a week.

Disclaimer I own both Pure Drives and Radicals :)

My 2 cents...

Tennis16
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Overall so far the K Balde 98 with a different string setup, or the PDR+ definitely rules over the Radical. Bur Radical is still a good stick.

BobFL
06-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Played the LM radical last night with a leather grip, and 1 gram at the 3,9.
Static weight was 11.5, and balance was 6 pts HL. Was a little less powerful than the K Blade, and the sweet spot seemed rather small. But overall a pretty nice hit. But a good friend of mine was playing in the adjacent court, and my final set i used his PDR+. My service that entire set was nonreturnable, and forehand topspin shots had my opponent pushed way back. I had a blast playing this stick. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think your opponent sucks :D Bring your PDR+ tomorrow at the Blanchard Park and ask for "Photoshop"! I guarantee that 99 out of 100 serves will come back! ;)

Tennis16
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
The PDR+ I gave back to my friend. Would love to play at B.O. tomorrow, but don't think I will be done with work in time.