PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if a racquet is not for you?

textbook strokes
06-28-2005, 10:04 AM
I recently bougth a LM radical tour (heavier one), and I like the power I get in my groundstrokes. However, I'm experiencing a little pain in shoulder and tricep after matches.
Some people say it's normal and you just have to wait 'till your body adjust itself to the new weigth, while others say you shold stop before getting really hurted, and try a ligther frame.
Opinions please...
(I' 4.5 player, 1,77, 75Kg. in good shape)

southpaw37
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
My first question would be did the new racket cause you to change your swing at all? It might be mechanics or it might be the racket. I've been demoing several rackets recently and there are definitely combinations of frames and strings that aren't as arm friendly.

textbook strokes
06-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think I've changed my mechanics, and I kept the same string that I used in my previous stick (ncode 6.1 tour). I seems that the higher swingweigth of the LM rad. Tour (althoutgh it is a ligther frame) forced me to work harder in order to get the same racquet speed.
Question is; how long should you play untill you realize if its a matter of adjusting to the frame, or if it's too heavy for you?.