PDA

View Full Version : which suface do you like watching tennis being played in??

tusharlovesrafa
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
It's a general question but quite an interesting one...i wanna know which surface you like watching tennis on?
damn..I meant slow-hardcourts....substitue it with slow-claycourt option..

Murrayfan31
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Hardcourts. It allows for the highest level of tennis. Clay and grass is a hindrance to players ball striking ability and allows for moonballers to succeed.

Lsmkenpo
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Indoor carpet

mandy01
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
grass and fast HC.

tusharlovesrafa
06-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I love watching it on grass....and indoor carpets don't exist anymore..

ledwix
06-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Fast hard court has the best bounces and most intense rallies. Clay courts have the longest rallies, but the courts are slowed down too much, so less entertaining moonballs are played too often. US Open has the best rallies ever in my opinion, although I don't like how the surface physically looks too much. The dark blue and the old green don't mix very well. They should just get rid of the green. I like surfaces that are all one color better.

Roland Garros center court is probably my favorite looking tennis court in the world. I like the dark red clay look.

Murrayfan31
06-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Fast hard court has the best bounces and most intense rallies. Clay courts have the longest rallies, but the courts are slowed down too much, so less entertaining moonballs are played too often. US Open has the best rallies ever in my opinion, although I don't like how the surface physically looks too much. The dark blue and the old green don't mix very well. They should just get rid of the green. I like surfaces that are all one color better.

Roland Garros center court is probably my favorite looking tennis court in the world. I like the dark red clay look.
Australian Open's True Blue is my favorite looking court. The court is a little slow though but still high level ballstriking just like all hardcourts basically.

Sentinel
06-08-2011, 11:29 PM
indoor Carpet

TheNatural
06-09-2011, 12:34 AM
grass and clay, the natural surfaces, players run more naturally on these surfaces, too much pounding on the hard courts... But like all of them really.

MichaelNadal
06-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Definitely grass for me, there's not enough of it :(

vive le beau jeu !
06-09-2011, 01:11 AM
probably fast hard court, especially during night sessions... there's something electric ! :)

and also... please bring back the:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JmQ_069taGo/SZWQKib_uRI/AAAAAAAABy8/dAm9lEe6HJ4/s400/Persian+puzzle+rug.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjL2YpVdJE

zagor
06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Real grass and rebound ace.

TennisFan3
06-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Grass, without question.

Wimbledon as a single tournament. Nothing say tennis like Wimbledon - the holy grail..

mikeler
06-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Clay. I play almost exclusively on it and love the point construction.

Netzroller
06-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Clay. I play almost exclusively on it and love the point construction.
same here:)

mellowyellow
06-09-2011, 06:19 AM
I liked the rebound ace of the AusO, but I don't like that its just a few weeks into the year from vacation. I felt like the tennnis could always have been much better and the injuries avoided if their were 2 more tourneys before.

Tammo
06-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Grasscourts.

CCNM
06-09-2011, 02:03 PM
I've always said that Wimbledon (grass) IS tennis, but hard courts seem to be the most popular. I also think it's neat to watch the groundskeepers spray the clay courts with water-it prevents it from drying up and flying around, but I'm amazed the players' feet don't get stuck. :lol:

coloskier
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
1990's grasscourts or indoor carpet or basketball courts. The faster the better. Point construction is boring. I want instantaneous gratification. :-)

Birdinhio
06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
there simply can't be any choice other than fast hard courts, clay cause problems for single handers, grass causes problems for western grips, but fast hard courts have the best of both, the possibility of hitting high balls, and also playing balls with pace that skid through the court.

Lsmkenpo
06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Point construction- having no weapons to dictate play, therefore you need the surface to help you.

Lsmkenpo
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Indoor-Outdoor carpet

Netzroller
06-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Point construction- having no weapons to dictate play, therefore you need the surface to help you.
No, you simply need different weapons. How is a great topspin forehand not a weapon but a serve is?
I could just as easily say one does not have the right weapons for clay and needs a faster surface for his fast serve to be rewarded.

MichaelNadal
06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
1990's grasscourts or indoor carpet or basketball courts. The faster the better. Point construction is boring. I want instantaneous gratification. :-)

That's what she said.

kishnabe
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I allways love clay...I love watching the clay and sliding. Though I do get bored of the rallies....and Nadal winning. It my fav surface to play on and watch tennis.

Lsmkenpo
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
No, you simply need different weapons. How is a great topspin forehand not a weapon but a serve is?
I could just as easily say one does not have the right weapons for clay and needs a faster surface for his fast serve to be rewarded.

No, you don't need a great topspin forehand to win on clay. Plenty of flat ball strikers have had good results on clay.

Murrayfan31
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
No, you don't need a great topspin forehand to win on clay. Plenty of flat ball strikers have had good results on clay.
True but hardcourts are most likely their best surface due to true bounces allowing for better ballstriking. But I guess you gotta consider how well they move on the surface as well as where they like to hit the ball from and how much time they need on their swings.

Netzroller
06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Sure, a great topspin forehand was just an example of what could be a weapon on clay. There are others, I know.
Doesn't change anything about my point, though.

gold soundz
06-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Fast hardcourt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2DYUGN6Xw