PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Biomimetic 200 players - what's your setup?

Keifers
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
What strings and tensions have you tried? What mods have you made?

How did they work out?

Thanks!

dadozen
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Keifers!

I switched to the BM200 last week, and I'm really liking to play with this stick!

You can see my current string setup in my sig, but I'll actually change the SPPP for SPPP Pure. The rest will remain the same.

Also, no lead tape for now. I'm thinking of getting some nice leather grips and that will probably be the only mod.

Keifers
06-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks, dadozen. How's the spin potential with that setup? And comfort?

Let us know when you've added the leather grip(s).

Anyone else playing the Bio 200??

dadozen
06-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Spin is easily achieved with this setup, it seems to have a low coefficient of friction, which helps a lot. Also, the low stiffness also help on that filed, letting mt swing the racquet freely without having to worry about power.

It's pretty comfortable as well, but I know for a fact that there are more comfortable setups out there. But it's not a problem, since I'm using low tensions and they don't feel harsh or stiff.

I've just added a TW leather grip I was using on my old 4D100s, let's see how it plays today. Still undecided on which base grip to use.

-Bobo-
06-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I've only tried it with some random syn guts, plays nice and cushy, tho doesn't last very long. Thinking about trying gut as poly has been a nono for my arm, well a tleast when it goes dead and i can't be bothered restringing that often. Spin is accessible but the string i'm using aren't exactly conducive to spin, rather i think it's the flexy throat thats allowing for the great spin. Slice's are just throwing everyone off because of the bite. Still finding it odd a bit on first serves, not sure why, think it's the flex which seems to work for everything but the first serve, at least for me. I'll let you know how the full gut goes.

Keifers
06-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Spin is easily achieved with this setup, it seems to have a low coefficient of friction, which helps a lot. Also, the low stiffness also help on that filed, letting mt swing the racquet freely without having to worry about power.

It's pretty comfortable as well, but I know for a fact that there are more comfortable setups out there. But it's not a problem, since I'm using low tensions and they don't feel harsh or stiff.

I've just added a TW leather grip I was using on my old 4D100s, let's see how it plays today. Still undecided on which base grip to use.
Thanks. You're using thin gauges and low tensions -- very interesting. I'm hesitant to use full poly for arm reasons, but the spin potential is very tempting.

How did the leather grip work out for you?

I've only tried it with some random syn guts, plays nice and cushy, tho doesn't last very long. Thinking about trying gut as poly has been a nono for my arm, well a tleast when it goes dead and i can't be bothered restringing that often. Spin is accessible but the string i'm using aren't exactly conducive to spin, rather i think it's the flexy throat thats allowing for the great spin. Slice's are just throwing everyone off because of the bite. Still finding it odd a bit on first serves, not sure why, think it's the flex which seems to work for everything but the first serve, at least for me. I'll let you know how the full gut goes.
Thanks. Yes I think the flex in the throat has a lot to do with it.

What tensions have you been using?

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I only have an overgrip and a dampener. I am using HEAD sonic pro at 55lb but only because I ran out of the wonderful Dunlop Black Widow and you can't buy it in Australia. (dunlop are getting me another reel)

Love the racquet with this set up, huge spin off both sides and plow through of doom. I have not had the depth issues reported by Spencer in the TW review but I think I probably swing quite a bit harder than he does. (no offence) My game is more like Chris' anyway. (old fart 5.0!)

Small disclaimer, I am sponsored by Dunlop.

-Bobo-
06-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks. You're using thin gauges and low tensions -- very interesting. I'm hesitant to use full poly for arm reasons, but the spin potential is very tempting.

How did the leather grip work out for you?

Thanks. Yes I think the flex in the throat has a lot to do with it.

What tensions have you been using?

For tension between 55-60 and always 16g, plays perfect for me within that range tho I always use racquets within recommended tension if I'm not using full poly. For me it never made sense to string too far out of the rec tension, if you're stringing way out of the recommended tension usually think your not using the right frame for your game or skill level. Though i guess that only holds true if the frame is stock.

And about the flex imparting the spin the main reason i think its the flex is because I'm not feeling much bite from the bed itself but still getting a lot of spin and i've never experienced that before.

Keifers
06-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I only have an overgrip and a dampener. I am using HEAD sonic pro at 55lb but only because I ran out of the wonderful Dunlop Black Widow and you can't buy it in Australia. (dunlop are getting me another reel)

Love the racquet with this set up, huge spin off both sides and plow through of doom. I have not had the depth issues reported by Spencer in the TW review but I think I probably swing quite a bit harder than he does. (no offence) My game is more like Chris' anyway. (old fart 5.0!)

Small disclaimer, I am sponsored by Dunlop.
Thanks. I haven't tried Black Widow -- is it one of the softer co-polys? Do you string it at 55, too?

For tension between 55-60 and always 16g, plays perfect for me within that range tho I always use racquets within recommended tension if I'm not using full poly. For me it never made sense to string too far out of the rec tension, if you're stringing way out of the recommended tension usually think your not using the right frame for your game or skill level. Though i guess that only holds true if the frame is stock.

And about the flex imparting the spin the main reason i think its the flex is because I'm not feeling much bite from the bed itself but still getting a lot of spin and i've never experienced that before.
Yeah, the demo B200 I hit with was strung with full Dunlop Silk 16, a nice multi with pop and comfort, but didn't exactly bite the ball. So I attributed the spin to the frame as well.

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
yes, Black Widow is a soft poly very similar to Sonic Pro.

Keifers
06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I can't wait to get mine strung and out on the court! :)

splitstep
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
I've only tried my base setup of Red Code 17g/X1-Biphase 17g @55/59 so far and I'm liking it! I've played this setup on my Aerogel 200, my Aerogel 4D and my MW200G and this still my favorite setup across all of them(give or take a couple pounds for the weather). Been bombing first serves with the BM200, just like the old days with the MW200G. Now if I could only get my legs to go back in time as well.

dadozen
06-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Keifers, I tried the TW 1.3 leather grip I had on my 4D100s( and which I had already given up using ) but I'm now converted to regular syn. grips under a nice Gamma Dermagrip.

Can't stand all that harshness anymore:)

Keifers
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I've only tried my base setup of Red Code 17g/X1-Biphase 17g @55/59 so far and I'm liking it! I've played this setup on my Aerogel 200, my Aerogel 4D and my MW200G and this still my favorite setup across all of them(give or take a couple pounds for the weather). Been bombing first serves with the BM200, just like the old days with the MW200G. Now if I could only get my legs to go back in time as well.
Lol re the legs.. :)

I'm curious... why do you have the crosses 4 lbs higher? Just with this hybrid or have you always like the crosses higher (i.e., with other strings as well)?

Keifers, I tried the TW 1.3 leather grip I had on my 4D100s( and which I had already given up using ) but I'm now converted to regular syn. grips under a nice Gamma Dermagrip.

Can't stand all that harshness anymore:)
Thanks for the update, dadozen. The 1.3 is pretty thin alright. I haven't tried Dermagrip -- why do you like it?

dadozen
06-14-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks for the update, dadozen. The 1.3 is pretty thin alright. I haven't tried Dermagrip -- why do you like it?

Keifers, I like Dermagrip because I need tacky and thin overgrips. I don't sweat and I need meximum feel, and it fits the bill perfectly. It's not good for heavy sweaters though.

splitstep
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Keifers, for all of my hybrid experiments I've used lower tension on the polyester compared to the multifilament, regardless of whether the poly is in the main or in the cross. Not only do the manufacturers recommend it, but also because polyester has more bending stiffness than the multifilament. For most strings (multi, synthetic, gut), the bending stiffness is negligible and most of the restoring force when the string is deflected comes from the tension. Polyester is different. You can see this if you hold one end of 10" section of poly compared to 10" of multi; poly supports it's own weight and doesn't deflect while the multi is unable to support it's own weight.

KLE
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Trying to find Dunlop 200 series rackets that have a similar characteristic like the Muscle Weave 200G.
First demo was the 4D200 tour. This racket is not even close to MW 200G or better than the 4D100. It has a hollow and flimsy feel at impact.

The local shop in my area did not have the Bio200 or the 4D200 :)

kaiser
06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Trying to find Dunlop 200 series rackets that have a similar characteristic like the Muscle Weave 200G.
First demo was the 4D200 tour. This racket is not even close to MW 200G or better than the 4D100. It has a hollow and flimsy feel at impact.

"Hollow and flimsy"?? The 4D 200 Tour??? You must be kidding...! :confused:

KLE
06-15-2011, 10:33 AM
"Hollow and flimsy"?? The 4D 200 Tour??? You must be kidding...! :confused:

Sorry, I need to describe it in more details. What I meant was a tad hollow and flimsy in comparison to the 4D100 and MW 200G.

BTW, my 4D100 had been modified with leather grip and 5g of lead total @ 3&9 in the hoop. The MW 200G is still in stock form.

KLE
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I will play with these 3 rackets (MW 200G, 4D200 Tour, 4D100) for 1 week to compare.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2231/img09011.jpg

Keifers
06-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Keifers, for all of my hybrid experiments I've used lower tension on the polyester compared to the multifilament, regardless of whether the poly is in the main or in the cross. Not only do the manufacturers recommend it, but also because polyester has more bending stiffness than the multifilament. For most strings (multi, synthetic, gut), the bending stiffness is negligible and most of the restoring force when the string is deflected comes from the tension. Polyester is different. You can see this if you hold one end of 10" section of poly compared to 10" of multi; poly supports it's own weight and doesn't deflect while the multi is unable to support it's own weight.
Thanks. I was surprised by the 4 lb difference (more than most seem to vary the mains and crosses, I think) but your reasoning makes perfect sense.

Btw, the last strings I put in my MW200G were NRG2 18 @ 58. Must get that racquet out for a hit soon.

dadozen
06-15-2011, 11:07 AM
KLE, I've never played with the MW200G, but from the specs, I assume that the BM200 should play very similarly. Low flex and similar SW. The SW of the 4D200 and AG200 is much higher.

Keifers
06-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I will play with these 3 rackets (MW 200G, 4D200 Tour, 4D100) for 1 week to compare.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2231/img09011.jpg
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

KLE
06-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Btw, the last strings I put in my MW200G were NRG2 18 @ 58. Must get that racquet out for a hit soon.

Keifers, is your MW200G paint job at the throat looks like mine or DennisK's one? The lettering ' Muscle Weave' in mine went from hoop to butt and the other one is in reverse direction. See pix below:

Mine:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2296/img0895cl.jpg

From DennisK:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1207/denniskmw200g.jpg

Keifers
06-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I'll have to check, but from memory, I think mine is more like DennisK's. For sure, mine doesn't have the boxed text graphic inside the throat that yours does.

Will confirm.

KLE
06-15-2011, 11:34 AM
KLE, I've never played with the MW200G, but from the specs, I assume that the BM200 should play very similarly. Low flex and similar SW. The SW of the 4D200 and AG200 is much higher.

Lower SW will give us more solid impact?

Swing Weight:

MW200G: 315
Bio200: 322
4D200: 337
4D200 T: 352
4D100: 308

KLE
06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll have to check, but from memory, I think mine is more like DennisK's. For sure, mine doesn't have the boxed text graphic inside the throat that yours does.

Will confirm.

Is mine a fake one or just a different version of a PJ ?

Keifers
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
The MW200Gs came in different pjs. Some of them had "Dunlop" and "Midplus" at 12 o'clock, for instance.

KLE
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
The MW200Gs came in different pjs. Some of them had "Dunlop" and "Midplus" at 12 o'clock, for instance.

Mine at 12 o'clock:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6286/img0902m.jpg

and My butt cap is a piece of aluminum:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7839/img0904oe.jpg

KLE
06-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Asking TW ...
The stiffness of the Bio 200 listed in TW US website as 57, but for Europe listed as 62. Which number is the correct one?

US:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Biomimetic_200/descpageRCDUNLOP-DB2H.html

Europe:
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageRCDUNHFRA-DB200R.html?lang=en

Keifers
06-20-2011, 08:16 PM
KLE,
The US web site lists 57 as the Bio 200's stiffness, not 52. But there's still a discrepancy with the Europe site.

Dunlop gives the new 200's stiffness as 62, so I'm wondering if that's why TW Europe lists it as 62.

I would tend to agree with 57. The Bio 200 is definitely more flexible than the 4D 200, imo.

KLE
06-20-2011, 08:46 PM
KLE,
The US web site lists 57 as the Bio 200's stiffness, not 52. But there's still a discrepancy with the Europe site.

Dunlop gives the new 200's stiffness as 62, so I'm wondering if that's why TW Europe lists it as 62.

I would tend to agree with 57. The Bio 200 is definitely more flexible than the 4D 200, imo.

Thx for pointing out my typo. I will correct it. :)

KLE
06-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Keifers ... did you have a chance to compare yr MW 200G PJ with mine yet?

Keifers
06-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Thx for pointing out my typo. I will correct it. :)
No worries. I'm thinking it might be best for you to email your question to TW at info@t....... with your question. They may not see your question here.

Keifers ... did you have a chance to compare yr MW 200G PJ with mine yet?
Not yet, sorry. It's in my storage unit.

dadozen
06-21-2011, 05:30 AM
It definitely feels more like 57 than 62.

KLE
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM
No worries. I'm thinking it might be best for you to email your question to TW at info@t....... with your question. They may not see your question here.

This is what I got from TW:

Thank you very much for the e-mailed inquiries in regards to some details on why there is a difference between the flex rating listed on the US Tennis Warehouse website, and the European site. Hopefully the information that we can provide is of assistance to you.

This will require a little investigation, as we take a half dozen of the same frames, same grip size, string/ tension to derive the average, which is then listed on our site, and passed on to the European affiliate. Why there is a difference is beyond me, and we will have to find out.

When strings are applied to a frame, the flex rating does come down a few points (1-3 points down), but not usually by that much. It is a very flexible frame, but that is not really fair to have such a gap in the description with no explanation. I talked to the individuals in the review room, and they were a bit perplexed; enough to inquire to TW Europe. When I get the answer, I will offer up some details in a future e-mail.

I really appreciate the inquiries and if there are any further questions, please send another e-mail and I will be happy to respond.

Sincerely,

Mark Boone
Quality Control Supervisor
USRSA Master Racquet Technician
On-Line Service Representative
Toll Free # 800 883 6647
www.tennis-warehouse.com
mark.boone@tennis-warehouse.com

Keifers
06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
^^^ That's a very courteous response from TW Customer Service. Hopefully, he can find out why there is a difference between the two sites.

Looking again at the TW Europe site, I saw that they list the Bio 200's balance as 320mm (which is approx. 7 pts HL). That's the same strung balance that Dunlop gives. Also, the TW Europe site does not give a sw number -- and neither does Dunlop. Hmmm.....

KLE
06-21-2011, 08:52 PM
^^^ That's a very courteous response from TW Customer Service. Hopefully, he can find out why there is a difference between the two sites.

Looking again at the TW Europe site, I saw that they list the Bio 200's balance as 320mm (which is approx. 7 pts HL). That's the same strung balance that Dunlop gives. Also, the TW Europe site does not give a sw number -- and neither does Dunlop. Hmmm.....

1. TW Europe does have a sw of 322 for Bio200.

2. 320mm is 12.59 in ... so it is in between 6 & 7 pt HL

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1594/dunlopbiomimetic200spec.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/dunlopbiomimetic200spec.png/)

Jonny S&V
06-21-2011, 09:01 PM
The minute my BM 200s came in, I weighed and matched them right down to the balance. All three are, 4 1/2 grip-size, as well as 12.7 oz and 9 pts headlight, with TW label leather and a single Tournagrip. Still debating on Isospeed Baseline 17L or Black Widow 17g, but I like the tension 58 lbs the most on both of them.

KLE
06-21-2011, 09:25 PM
The minute my BM 200s came in, I weighed and matched them right down to the balance. All three are, 4 1/2 grip-size, as well as 12.7 oz and 9 pts headlight, with TW label leather and a single Tournagrip. Still debating on Isospeed Baseline 17L or Black Widow 17g, but I like the tension 58 lbs the most on both of them.

Post some pic, please. Love to see a pix of 3 rackets side by side.

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Jonny

58lbs with a full poly?

I am pretty happy with 55 for mine with either BW 17 or HEAD sonic pro (the BW is hard to get here)

Did you have a hit with the Silk they came with? I did, but not for long and I don't like multis much anyway so it wasn't fair.

Jonny S&V
06-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Jonny

58lbs with a full poly?

I am pretty happy with 55 for mine with either BW 17 or HEAD sonic pro (the BW is hard to get here)

Did you have a hit with the Silk they came with? I did, but not for long and I don't like multis much anyway so it wasn't fair.

Yeah, 58 lbs, I usually break it with 5-6 hours of good hitting. Mine came unstrung, since I got a player's-package with them.

Keifers
06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
1. TW Europe does have a sw of 322 for Bio200.

2. 320mm is 12.59 in ... so it is in between 6 & 7 pt HL

Interesting.... When I looked at TWE yesterday morning, there was no sw listed. Looks like the 322 figure was added after that.

By my calculations, 320mm is 7.2 pts HL. ((13.5 - 12.59) x 8 = 7.2)

Timbo's hopeless slice
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, 58 lbs, I usually break it with 5-6 hours of good hitting. Mine came unstrung, since I got a player's-package with them.

Interesting, yeah, Dunlop gave me mine but I think they were stock from the local shop cause they all had prestrung Silk in 'em!

PJayhawk
09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Timbo and Jony, I just got two new BM200s, one with Silk 17 @ 62 lbs, the other with Black Widow 17 @ 58 lbs. My initial preference is for the Black Widow. The Silk 17 offers a great combination of spin and pop, but the Black Widow does that while also making the most wonderful sound in the BM200. When I connect on the ball it sounds like a handgun going off. It fills my heart with ceaseless joy.

I'm just getting adjusted to these new frames and strings. Do either of you have longer-term results you could share?

Jonny S&V
09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Do either of you have longer-term results you could share?

Having re-demoed Big Hitter Blue, Barbwire, Pro Line II, Adrenaline, and RPM Blast in my Biomimetics, I still prefer Black Widow to all of them at 58 lbs. I plan to borrow my old Aerogel 200s and string both up with Cyberflash 17g at 58 lbs (my long time set-up) and see how they compare.

Long term, I've found that the Biomimetic's are lower powered than all of the other 200 series racquets I've used, but they're also the comfiest (word?).

Timbo's hopeless slice
09-18-2011, 03:53 PM
the honeymoon appears neverending for me with these racquets.

Head sonic pro @ 55lbs at teh moment but a new reel of BW is in the cupboard ready.

agree about the sound!! Awesome, isn't it??

Hidious
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Guys, i really enjoy my Bio 200s but there's always something feeling wrong and weird with the grip. I kept re-wrapping it thinking it was my bad, an installation error but i came to a shocking conclusion tonight after receiving a second one: the Biomimetic has a smaller, different buttcap than my Aerogels and M-Fils which fit my hand like a glove. Has any ex-AG players also noticed this?

If you use a thick, cushioning type of grip with an overgrip, you may not notice this at all. It bugs me because i've been using a firm and thin grip (Bab skin feel) wrapped very tightly around the handle on all my frames. The subtle difference really annoys me; do you think i could get a hold of some old Dunlop buttcaps to install on my Biomimetics?

If any of you guys ever remove your grips, could you do me a favor and compare the buttcap with an Aerogel or M-Fil one? I swear i'm not crazy :shock:

basil J
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Just order some aerogel butt caps and install them. It is easy enough.

PJayhawk
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Johnny and Timbo, for your input. In my previous frame I developed a great hypbrid of BHBR 17g mains with Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17g crosses. I may give that a try but it looks to me that the Bio200 prefers a single-string setup.

Keifers
09-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Guys, i really enjoy my Bio 200s but there's always something feeling wrong and weird with the grip. I kept re-wrapping it thinking it was my bad, an installation error but i came to a shocking conclusion tonight after receiving a second one: the Biomimetic has a smaller, different buttcap than my Aerogels and M-Fils which fit my hand like a glove. Has any ex-AG players also noticed this?

If you use a thick, cushioning type of grip with an overgrip, you may not notice this at all. It bugs me because i've been using a firm and thin grip (Bab skin feel) wrapped very tightly around the handle on all my frames. The subtle difference really annoys me; do you think i could get a hold of some old Dunlop buttcaps to install on my Biomimetics?

If any of you guys ever remove your grips, could you do me a favor and compare the buttcap with an Aerogel or M-Fil one? I swear i'm not crazy :shock:
I have a 4D 200 Tour and a demo Bio 200 Tour in front of me, Hidious. The 4D's butt cap is definitely more flared. TW has both types for sale:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=products&searchtext=dunlop+butt+caps

Hidious
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I have a 4D 200 Tour and a demo Bio 200 Tour in front of me, Hidious. The 4D's butt cap is definitely more flared. TW has both types for sale:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=products&searchtext=dunlop+butt+caps

Thanks Keifers!

Keifers
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM
^^ No problemo. Good luck.

CHOcobo
09-22-2011, 11:53 AM
sup guys. how does the 4D200 compare to the Bio200? i just sold my 4D200 because it was bad. every hit felt and sounded hollowed just like KLE said about the 4D200 tour. maybe i just got a defected one since everyone on here says it good and not much bad about the 4D200.

does the Bio200 feels more solid, just like the 4D100?
i love my 4D100 btw.

Jonny S&V
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
sup guys. how does the 4D200 compare to the Bio200? i just sold my 4D200 because it was bad. every hit felt and sounded hollowed just like KLE said about the 4D200 tour. maybe i just got a defected one since everyone on here says it good and not much bad about the 4D200.

does the Bio200 feels more solid, just like the 4D100?
i love my 4D100 btw.

Far more solid. They went back to the old mold, without the tapered bridge, and I love it so much better.

bmwfool
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I play with the Bio 200. I have used Pro Supex 17 @ 58, Solinco Red 17, and Silk. I like the Supex and Solinco Red, but the Silk felt strange to me.

Andreas1965
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Far more solid. They went back to the old mold, without the tapered bridge, and I love it so much better.

Funny. I demoed the Bio200 and decided to stick to my 4Ds.
No 2 people are the same, I guess ;-)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.132324,-80.105638

Jonny S&V
09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Funny. I demoed the Bio200 and decided to stick to my 4Ds.
No 2 people are the same, I guess ;-)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.132324,-80.105638

What'd you find better about the 4Ds? The Biomimetic's felt far flexier, which is what I wanted.

Andreas1965
09-30-2011, 05:34 PM
What'd you find better about the 4Ds? The Biomimetic's felt far flexier, which is what I wanted.

I don't know, TBH.
the 4D's just felt better. might be because I'm used to them.
The 4D200 is the first stick in years that made me stop looking for something new.

String them with MSV FocusHex 1,14 (red) at 23/22 kg. Excellent!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.132378,-80.105631

crosscourt
10-01-2011, 10:22 AM
I love the feel and flex of the Bio 200 but it is just a little light. Has anyone added weight without losing feel and flex?

Many thanks.

cc

Jonny S&V
10-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I love the feel and flex of the Bio 200 but it is just a little light. Has anyone added weight without losing feel and flex?

Many thanks.

cc

Mine are 12.8 oz with leather grips. Maybe you got a lighter batch? :confused:

crosscourt
10-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Isn't that the Tour version? Mine is a lot lighter than that.

cc

ben123
10-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Isn't that the Tour version? Mine is a lot lighter than that.

cc

yop agree my friend has one also with leather + overgrip and i think his is around 12,3-4 oz

steve260z
10-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Mine weigh 12.4 and 12.3 with leather grips.
After trying ALU, Dunlop Silk, Technifibre 18g Black Code and BHBR....I prefer BHBR at 49/47. Great pocketing, spin, power and control. I do restring after about 6 hours...

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
mine are all 12.3 with an overgrip, poly strings and a dampener...

plenty heavy enough for me though!

Jonny S&V
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I matched the other two to the heaviest one, so I have all three at 12.8 oz and 7 points headlight. Maybe I just liked it heavier...

Keifers
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Mine is just under 12 oz (340 grams) and 6.2 pts HL with a gut/poly hybrid and rubberband dampener -- very close to TW's measurements.

I wouldn't mind trying a heavier example, though. Mine plays so well as is, I don't want to mess with it.

CHOcobo
10-15-2011, 01:07 AM

more than the 4D100? really? hmmm

well whats the difference between the us and euro verions of the bio200? us version have one more mains skip, meaning more less dense pattern?

i and noticed it has a better contrast blue color, way better. geez......first economy and now rackets have gone bad here in the us.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I am finding my experiences don't relate well to the average TTer. I hear all this 'no power, can't get depth' stuff and just can't relate. I think the problem is I am a 5.0 and have been playing since I was a little kid, I just don't play like they do...

I can just touch a half volley to the baseline with my 200s, no effort at all.

TennisMaverick
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I am finding my experiences don't relate well to the average TTer. I hear all this 'no power, can't get depth' stuff and just can't relate. I think the problem is I am a 5.0 and have been playing since I was a little kid, I just don't play like they do...

And that's why you can coach!

Jonny S&V
10-16-2011, 08:15 AM
more than the 4D100? really? hmmm

well whats the difference between the us and euro verions of the bio200? us version have one more mains skip, meaning more less dense pattern?

i and noticed it has a better contrast blue color, way better. geez......first economy and now rackets have gone bad here in the us.

The Euro version is 16x19 if memory serves, the US 18x20. Idk what you're arguing, I love the dense-pattern, and the PJ is awesome, so I feel like the US is doing fine in this respect...

Agreed, I love doing pick-ups with a hefty frame that gives 'no-power'. More for me to swing. :-)

CHOcobo
10-22-2011, 10:10 PM
The Euro version is 16x19 if memory serves, the US 18x20. Idk what you're arguing, I love the dense-pattern, and the PJ is awesome, so I feel like the US is doing fine in this respect...

the euro's bio200 is definitely not 16x19. it clearly says 18x20. and im not complaining about string density.

US version of bio200:
===========
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8H, 10H, 9T
===========

Euro version of bio200
===========
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 9T, 9H
===========

see the difference in mains skip? i was only wondering if it make it more or less dense patter on the strings.

Jonny S&V
10-27-2011, 11:12 AM
the euro's bio200 is definitely not 16x19. it clearly says 18x20. and im not complaining about string density.

US version of bio200:
===========
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8H, 10H, 9T
===========

Euro version of bio200
===========
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 9T, 9H
===========

see the difference in mains skip? i was only wondering if it make it more or less dense patter on the strings.

Historically, the Euro versions of the 200 have been 16x19, but I guess that changed, haha....

I mean, I think you're making mountains out of mole-hills, much like people who think they'll notice a difference in 1-2 grams between sticks.

crosscourt
10-28-2011, 04:57 AM
It isnt that the Euro versions have been 16x19, it's that there has been both an 18x20 and a lighter 16x19 in Europe.

cc

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-28-2011, 03:27 PM
this

we get the lighter 16 x 19 ag 200 in australia as well.

is that the bio 200 lite? I haven't really looked closely at them 'cos I hate the colour so much!

mromato64
11-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Finally had time to string and play with the 200!!! Strung it with full bed of MSV Focus Hex 1.18 at 55 lbs. Played for two hours and I am not disappointed. Very stable and maneuverable, and although it is a little underpowered, I got a lot of spin on both sides. Serves were alright. I'll play with it for a few more weeks and see how it goes.

CHOcobo
03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
has anyone tried the hextreme 1.25/og-sheep micro setup with the Bio200?

holytennis
04-24-2012, 06:02 AM
@Dadozen

I see that you have switched to the IG Prestige MP. Would love a small comparison between the IG and the Bio 200.

dadozen
04-24-2012, 08:23 AM
@Dadozen

I see that you have switched to the IG Prestige MP. Would love a small comparison between the IG and the Bio 200.

Holytennis, I've been palying with the IG Prestige MP for almost a month, and, although they are similar racquets performance-wise( both are low powered and high static weight ), they do have some differences.

The BM200 is more solid, from all areas of the court. This difference becomes clear at the net, especially on volleys. It's much easier to just block heavy shots with the Dunlop. it's also flexier, which translates into a buttery feel, even with poly - at low tensions.

The IG Prestige is a step up over the YT iteration, very maneuverable, easy to handle and still plenty of mass behind the ball on the shots. But the stability is not on par with the BM200, although it's not a weak department. The YT version was awful regarding feel, what has improved a lot in the new IG version( close to the Dunlop feel, but nto the same ).

The Prestige is more spin friendly, given the fact that it's easier to swing. The SW is much lower, which translates into very low power( even lower than the Dunlop ). I was using 45/44 with the Dunlops, but with the YTs and IGs I string polys at 39lbs.

Both are excellent racquets, but these small differences can make you choose one over the other.

Cheers,

holytennis
04-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Holytennis, I've been palying with the IG Prestige MP for almost a month, and, although they are similar racquets performance-wise( both are low powered and high static weight ), they do have some differences.

The BM200 is more solid, from all areas of the court. This difference becomes clear at the net, especially on volleys. It's much easier to just block heavy shots with the Dunlop. it's also flexier, which translates into a buttery feel, even with poly - at low tensions.

The IG Prestige is a step up over the YT iteration, very maneuverable, easy to handle and still plenty of mass behind the ball on the shots. But the stability is not on par with the BM200, although it's not a weak department. The YT version was awful regarding feel, what has improved a lot in the new IG version( close to the Dunlop feel, but nto the same ).

The Prestige is more spin friendly, given the fact that it's easier to swing. The SW is much lower, which translates into very low power( even lower than the Dunlop ). I was using 45/44 with the Dunlops, but with the YTs and IGs I string polys at 39lbs.

Both are excellent racquets, but these small differences can make you choose one over the other.

Cheers,

Thanks a lot. One last question, which did you feel was more forgiving and better feeling on off center hits?

dadozen
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks a lot. One last question, which did you feel was more forgiving and better feeling on off center hits?

Definitely the BM200. Its plow through made the off center hits more forgiving.

kazamzaa
01-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Wanted to bump this thread because I've found some issues with my bio200. Now I really feel like I play my best tennis today. I use the racquet in stock form. Strung with gut/poly at 55/53 lbs. After playing with and testing racquets I'm starting to believe that I can't have it all in one. It is always a compromise. This bio 200 is close to deliver it all. BUT against better players I wish the sweet spot was bigger. I used the twu power zone comparision tool and it confirmed my feelings were correct.
I wonder if any of you with similar feelings have found something on this.
I've planned to try moderate lead at 3&9 next week. I will report how it goes. But probably it might feel too heavy and less manouverable. (tried blx90 once but did not have the skills or strength then to use it successfully).
If the lead tape experiment goes wrong I might want to try yet another raqcuet :'( The twu power zone tool and some TT posts have made me belive Donnay Pro One 97 16x19. They say it is really a 95 frame despite the specs. The only consern about it is that its too high powered for my current arm friendly string setup. Then I've just wasted another 200 usd. No demo program in my country.
Any thoughts?

vegasgt3
01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
I use a TW leather grip which allow for some lead at 3/9 or 10/2 and keeps it about 7-8 pts HL.

kazamzaa
01-26-2013, 02:05 AM
I use a TW leather grip which allow for some lead at 3/9 or 10/2 and keeps it about 7-8 pts HL.

Thank you. Once I get rid of this flu I'll see what it does. It is expected to increase the torsional stability and widen the ss.
I was thinking of 6 grams of lead in total somewhere between 2-3 & 9-10.

If it gets too polarized I might put some at the balance point also.

OzNQc
05-05-2013, 01:03 AM
I bought 2 dirt cheap brand new dunlop biomimetic 200 tour bats earlier this year. They were prestrung with dunlop silk strings. I have only hit with them a few times. I definitely notice the swing weight (SW) difference in comparison to my volkl tour 10 V-engine MP bats which are around the same weight but heaps lower SW (340 for bio 200 T versus 314 T10VEMP). I definitely swing slower with the bio 200 T. Hence, I find that I can not get as much power :( I am a weakling LoL

christo
08-12-2013, 08:24 AM
I bought 2 dirt cheap brand new dunlop biomimetic 200 tour bats earlier this year. They were prestrung with dunlop silk strings. I have only hit with them a few times. I definitely notice the swing weight (SW) difference in comparison to my volkl tour 10 V-engine MP bats which are around the same weight but heaps lower SW (340 for bio 200 T versus 314 T10VEMP). I definitely swing slower with the bio 200 T. Hence, I find that I can not get as much power :( I am a weakling LoL

Don't feel bad, the 200 Tour was one of the heaviest frames I've ever swung, just a weird slow feeling, couldn't wait to unload it. I had a poly NG hybrid in it that cost me a bunch and I hated the way that frame felt. Good riddance.
Maybe some caveman could use it lol.

Muppet
08-12-2013, 10:44 AM

The Bio200 appears to be the same mold as the MW200G. Also, they both have very low twist weights (from the power zone map page of TWU). This value helps greatly with swiveling the racquet face open at net and pronating through the ball on serve. Also, the feel of the frames are familiar due to similar twist weights. Unfortunately, the Bio200 feels more hollow than the MW, but these days they all do.

The stock weights are different, but I was able to get them within 5 grams of eachother, Bio200 @352g, MW200G @356g, both 8 HL. On the Bio200, I switched the Gecko Tac grip with a Gamma RZR Dri replacement. I've also settled on the Dunlop Viper Dry overgrip to give me the right size handle. The black Viper Dry is very tacky, but doesn't offer much cushion. The RZR Dri grip is on the soft side, so they work well together. I used a little lead tape at 6:00 and 11 and 1 to give it a little more plow and to balance it better.

For strings, the setup in my signature is my favorite in the MW @48/53. Right now, I have Pro Supex Spiral Flex in the Bio200. It feels pretty cheap, with a small sweet spot. Next I'll try the signature setup. I'm having a lot of luck with Pro's Pro Stratagem in my AG200, but it felt really cheap in the Bio200. Since I have a reel of it, I tried a couple of different tensions but it didn't play well. BTW, Stratagem is a Black Widow knock-off. In my Bio200, I also tried Gamma Revelation 17. I liked it a lot. It had a lot of spin, but it lost tension very quickly for a multi. Also, of course the feel was very different than the poly hybrid I use. Kind of mushy.

I know I like the Bio200 with a multi. I hope my signature hybrid setup pans out too. If not I can try Cyber Flash full bed too.

BreakPoint
08-12-2013, 01:16 PM
The Bio200 appears to be the same mold as the MW200G.
Nope. Definitely not.

Look at the indented angled cutouts at the top of the corners of the throat bridge on the Bio 200:

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/DB2H-2.jpg

On the MW200G, there are no cutouts in the corners of the throat bridge:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/5/8/3/3/8/webimg/503573461_tp.jpg

Also, the throat bridge on the MW200G is thinner in beam width than the rest of the frame, whereas on the Bio 200, the throat bridge is the same beam width as the rest of the frame.

So definitely different molds.

Muppet
08-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Nope. Definitely not.

Look at the indented angled cutouts at the top of the corners of the throat bridge on the Bio 200:

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/DB2H-2.jpg

On the MW200G, there are no cutouts in the corners of the throat bridge:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/5/8/3/3/8/webimg/503573461_tp.jpg

Also, the throat bridge on the MW200G is thinner in beam width than the rest of the frame, whereas on the Bio 200, the throat bridge is the same beam width as the rest of the frame.

So definitely different molds.

Sorry, I was referring to the mold minus the elastomer yoke (the gray piece) that is inserted into the MW 200G. The shape of the Bio200 looks the same to me outside of the yoke.

BreakPoint
08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Sorry, I was referring to the mold minus the elastomer yoke (the gray piece) that is inserted into the MW 200G. The shape of the Bio200 looks the same to me outside of the yoke.
Huh? The throat bridge is part of the mold, as are having cutouts in the corners from the mold (Bio 200) or no cutouts in the corners from the mold (MW200G).

Muppet
08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Huh? The throat bridge is part of the mold, as are having cutouts in the corners from the mold (Bio 200) or no cutouts in the corners from the mold (MW200G).

Nope, the MW 200G is made up of three pieces. The black parts are braided graphite and the yoke is an elastomer, which gives it that nice dead feeling. Outside of that, I don't know how they assemble it. Could someone who knows more about the manufacture of this racquet post some info?