PDA

View Full Version : Racket Crack D:

Sintherius
06-09-2011, 11:28 AM
So during my match the other day after I was down 6-0, 5-0, I tossed my racket on the ground, and heard a crack. I looked at it and found out that it cracked at one of the string holes. It starts from one side and goes to the other, but it doesn't reach the grommet. Is this racket shot and unplayable? Once I find my camera I'll take a picture and show. I just want to know if I can still hit with it, I did a little last night and nothing seemed different at all, and the string tension is the same, no funny sounds or anything...

The Djoker
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
So during my match the other day after I was down 6-0, 5-0, I tossed my racket on the ground, and heard a crack. I looked at it and found out that it cracked at one of the string holes. It starts from one side and goes to the other, but it doesn't reach the grommet. Is this racket shot and unplayable? Once I find my camera I'll take a picture and show. I just want to know if I can still hit with it, I did a little last night and nothing seemed different at all, and the string tension is the same, no funny sounds or anything...

If that's the case, I would keep playing until you don't like what you're feeling.

On another note, next time you are about to throw your racquet on the ground out of frustration, please refrain. Instead, you can send me an email message, and I will send you my address so you can mail the racquet to me :lol:

Nuke
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Did you win? The racquet's toast.

flashfire276
06-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Hopefully it's just a paint crack, but I can't guarantee that.
If it feels fine, go ahead! There's people here that play with PS85s that are cracked, and it's still playable. Why not you?

sphinx780
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
It's probably cracked, but....

If it seems to be playing fine and you're not noticing any difference in playability then I'd use it until that changes. No sense in putting an injured horse out to pasture as long as it still runs.

flashfire276
06-09-2011, 01:37 PM
No sense in putting an injured horse out to pasture as long as it still runs.

I knew there was a good comparison to this situation, but you can't put it any better than that.

Sintherius
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Did you win? The racquet's toast.

LOL I was down 6-0, 5-0. I got double bageled it was one of my worst performances. And to me it seems like it might only be the paint cracked (because I've tested it and there's no funny sounds, there's no cracking sound when I try and bend where the crack is, and I still hit fine with it.)

Nuke
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
^ I was being facetious. Play with the racquet, if it feels OK. What have you got to loose? The crack probably makes it unsellable. If you don't string your own racquets, don't be surprised if the stringer doesn't want to work on this racquet.

Sintherius
06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
^ I was being facetious. Play with the racquet, if it feels OK. What have you got to loose? The crack probably makes it unsellable. If you don't string your own racquets, don't be surprised if the stringer doesn't want to work on this racquet.

Oh ok. I laughed when you said that though haha. But yeah I got my own stringer, so I'll try and see what happens.

000KFACTOR90000
06-09-2011, 09:47 PM
LOL I was down 6-0, 5-0. I got double bageled it was one of my worst performances. And to me it seems like it might only be the paint cracked (because I've tested it and there's no funny sounds, there's no cracking sound when I try and bend where the crack is, and I still hit fine with it.)

Yeah that sound is a dead giveaway - it's cracked !! I've seen the denial before too :)

zapvor
06-10-2011, 05:21 AM
just play with it until the string pops. then yea it's done.

Sintherius
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
just play with it until the string pops. then yea it's done.

Actually I cut the strings out and just restrung it with no problems. Maybe it's playable? :D

dr325i
06-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Looking at the OP, it is mentioned that the "crack" sound was heard when the racket hit the ground. You would not hear that sound if ONLY the paint cracked.
I suspect it is cracked.