PDA

View Full Version : Is it cracked???

Donny0627
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I am not a hot head!!!!!! well mayb just a little :)

But really, today I was playing, it was 90 degrees out, I was sweating like crazy, and worst of all, I was kinda p1ssed. Fast forward to a backhand approach I was hitting on break point. I netted it, and immediately made a throwing motion toward the ground with the stick. I would like to say that I had no intentions of letting go. I like my rackets to much to do that(if anything, I'll drop it, but never apply any force).

Unfortunately, the slippery grip got the best of me, and clank, theres my racket on the ground. I pick it up and examine it, to find about a 1/2 inch long hairline crack right in the gold "W" on my wilson BLX 95. I keep running my finger over it, and dont feel anything, so I am assuming that it is just a paint crack. I had a top local player on the court next to me examine it(attempting to qualify for the US Open this year) and he agreed that it is just a paint crack. Hitting with it, I dont notice anything, but I need conformation so its not on my mind anymore :).

My question is, is my thought that it is just in the paint accurate?

thanks

gsquicksilver
06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
you probably should post pictures on here to get a more accurate response.

jayoub95
06-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I am not a hot head!!!!!! well mayb just a little :)

But really, today I was playing, it was 90 degrees out, I was sweating like crazy, and worst of all, I was kinda p1ssed. Fast forward to a backhand approach I was hitting on break point. I netted it, and immediately made a throwing motion toward the ground with the stick. I would like to say that I had no intentions of letting go. I like my rackets to much to do that(if anything, I'll drop it, but never apply any force).

Unfortunately, the slippery grip got the best of me, and clank, theres my racket on the ground. I pick it up and examine it, to find about a 1/2 inch long hairline crack right in the gold "W" on my wilson BLX 95. I keep running my finger over it, and dont feel anything, so I am assuming that it is just a paint crack. I had a top local player on the court next to me examine it(attempting to qualify for the US Open this year) and he agreed that it is just a paint crack. Hitting with it, I dont notice anything, but I need conformation so its not on my mind anymore :).

My question is, is my thought that it is just in the paint accurate?

thanks

The same thing happened to me a while back but i'm sure mine is a paint crack. Your's probably is too.

Donny0627
06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
k thanks for the responses. Ill post pics tomorrow if i get teh time