PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro Drive vs. Donnay X series

nightmare
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I've used the Aeropro Drive a bit before, and I really like it. It's not too powerful, so I don't have to worry about overpowering the ball as much as with my Prince O3 Red, but it's also solid and quick feeling (my O3 feels kind of clumsy). Anyway, would it be worth demoing the Donnay X-Red or X-Dual Core Gold? I don't know anyone who's used them, so I'm wondering if someone here can weigh in.
Thanks.

slide13
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Hmmm...I demoed the APD last year and have a Gold 99 arriving tomorrow. I'll let you know my thoughts after I get some court time with it.

slide13
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Just got done hitting my new Gold 99 for an hour and I will say it is definitely a different animal than the APD. Not as much power, softer feeling, but very nice. I really like the feel of this racquet and it just felt "right" in my hands (I play a Wilson Pro Tour now which is the only other racquet I've ever felt that way about). It falls in the middle power and sping wise between my Pro Tour and a APD. I would say definitely worth trying both, but if you are looking for an APD-like racquet the Gold may not be quite what you are looking for.

For me I wanted a softer, slightly less powerful version of a Pure Drive that had a feel closer to my Pro Tour (and somethign that wouldn't aggravate my tennis elbow). So far the Gold 99 is living up to that very well, much better than I expected any racquet would actually.