PDA

View Full Version : question for Dunlop Biomimetic 500 users

jk175d
06-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I've just demoed the 500 and 500 tour. I loved hitting with both, at first the tour felt amazing but over time I felt it was a little heavy for me. I thought the 500 was a little light so added some weight and was really digging it. The ball really drives through the court quickly off this stick! The 500 is as advertised, a great frame to customize. I'll definately add a little more weight and make it a little more head light.

But to complete the demo I'm going to string it up with my regular hybrid setup. My question is this: have you made any tension adjustments for this frame, or do you go with your usual? My "usual" was based on what I had dialed into on my APDC, but that same set up felt great on the Prince EXO3 Tour. The Dunlop hoop is a little more elongated and narrow, and it's a stiffer frame so I'm wondering if any adjustments are called for. Thanks

dannymck
08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
just got my db500tour and strung at 58lbs with 16g syn gut prince duraflex. thought is was a little loose until I played with it the 2nd time. Great spin, great pop and spin off serve, and lots of pop and control on volleys and short hit top spins. My guess, string it the way you normally do

TheBoom
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Regarding the elongated hoop dunlop frames have it is a little adjustment really coming from other frames after the first few times hitting with it it will go away. I used to have a 4D 500 tour and have hit with similar frames from other companies so i'm not a troll or anything :P

Timbo's hopeless slice
08-16-2011, 05:26 PM
well, that's opinion!

LeeD
08-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Switching from Mfil and Aero200's, and LMRadMids before, I had to up tension a bit, from 50 to 54, to stop string movment and deaden some unwanted liveliness.
I suspect it's possible to add a few points of hitting power by choking down to the buttcap, which I don't do normally, not even on serves.
Using Aero500, sorry.