PDA

View Full Version : Roddick's sticks

Rorysus
06-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Heyy :)

thinking of getting a Pure drive Roddick.

I like the O8' version. because of the paint job and the texture is real smooth, not glossy like the current model. :?

But i would like to know your ideas,
the new model or the old one, why :confused:

does it offer good power and spin?

best strings?

caugas
06-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I demo'd this racket it wasent for me. Roddick needs a new stick he's not playing good at all! :twisted:

TheOneHander
06-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Heyy :)

thinking of getting a Pure drive Roddick.

I like the O8' version. because of the paint job and the texture is real smooth, not glossy like the current model. :?

But i would like to know your ideas,
the new model or the old one, why :confused:

does it offer good power and spin?

best strings?

The paint job really shouldn't matter when choosing a racquet, especially considering how your Aero Storm Tours also have a partial glossy finish. Anyways, the PDRGT was much more solid and less twangy than the PDRC, but both racquets offer good plow through and power. Spin is easy to access as well. I'd start with a good multifilament around upper tension range to see how your elbow handles the high stiffness.

TU87
06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I have the PDRoddick cortex version which is the '08. The newer version has the GT Technology. I have hit with the both the PDGT 107 and PDC 107, there is a slight feel difference. My wife plays with the cortex version of the 107 as she prefers it to the GT. As for the PDR cortex, I like it. I used a multifilament on it and it was OK but recently switched to the RPM Blast VS gut combo strung at upper tension limit and love it. Biggest issue with the PDR is manuverability at the net since it is a heavy racquet.