PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Querrey??

FEDERERNADAL13
06-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Dropping outside the top 30?? I remember when he was 18th... :(

Doubles
06-10-2011, 08:03 AM
He's currently number 26...

FEDERERNADAL13
06-10-2011, 08:07 AM
He's currently number 26...

but his loss at queens, where he's the defending champ, will lower it by a bit...

Doubles
06-10-2011, 08:28 AM
but his loss at queens, where he's the defending champ, will lower it by a bit...

True. He's just not having a good year, it seems like his head isn't in it...

nadal.3
06-10-2011, 08:33 AM
i thinks he'll drop to around 40 ;)

tacou
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
he had a quietly great year in 2010, real disappointing step backward
Isner's in the same boat.

4sound
06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
There are a lot of great players these days in the top 50. Its hard to maintain the mental edge, day in, day out. Clay isn't his best surface since he doesn't get as many free points on his serve. His movement is a lot better than before but there's so many more natural moving clay courters so its no wonder he's dropped a bit during the clay court season.

Grass season is so short that its tough to get a groove. One bad day and you have maybe 1 more tourney before Wimbl. Then after that grass is pretty much done. It will be interesting how he does at Wimbl. If he's mentally confident he can do damage there.

Hopefully he'll find the snap in his movement before the US Open. I honestly don't know how a lot of the guys do it without getting burnt out after a year or 2. You have to have the right personality and dedication.

Good luck to Sam.

dbusiness
06-10-2011, 10:00 AM
True. He's just not having a good year, it seems like his head isn't in it...

Exactly, Twice this year I've seen him play in person where he's had to fight
for every point and Sam gets discouraged and gives the match away by being lazy. If David Nainkin is allowing him to get away with it or Sam isn't willing to work for it than they should part company.

There are plenty of guys who would love to be 6'6", 200 lbs, have a solid game, and WOULD work for the points to take matches.

Bryan Swartz
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Sure, but if those guys were 6-6 and talented they might not have developed the same personality and desire.

I think it is not often well-enough appreciated that the mental approach required to be a great player is just as rare as the physical talent, if not more so.