PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me...

Great Uncle Bulgaria
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
The French Open and Wimbledon are so close together, why can't the FO be pushed forward to start from the third week of May and Wimbledon pushed back to the first two weeks of July? That would make room for another grass court tournament maybe a Masters 1000 type one.

I suppose the USO could also need to be pushed back then.

TTFN

kishnabe
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
No because Nadal would cry the season is too expanded....he can't peak at tournaments!

sureshs
06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Weather...........

jackson vile
06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Why don't the get rid of one of the 2 parts of the hard court season. It is out right strange that the year both begins and ends with non-stop hardcourts.

Then we would have more than enough room for 3 grass masters

Great Uncle Bulgaria
06-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Weather...........

Paris in mid-May is quite nice is n't it?

It rains in the UK no matter what month :(:(

jackson vile
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I say get rid of the indoors season :)

That would make sense, otherwise is should be carpet. That way we have 4 different surfaces.

Great Uncle Bulgaria
06-10-2011, 01:06 PM
You want to shorten the clay season and extend the grass season? I disagree.

Clay is for real men who are willing to fight, get dirty, run down balls, just outwill and outhit their opponents.

Grass on the other hand if for men(?) who like to be pretty and neat and hit ace after ace without really doing much effort. Do you think the stupid match between Isner and Mahut would happen on clay? Of course not, they would have died 6 hours prior, but instead we had them hit ace after ace and bore us to death. This is not real tennis IMO.

From the ATP calender there were only two tournaments from 15th - 22 May one was the World Team competition and ATP 250 in Cote D'Azur - no offence to the Cote D'Azur but would anyone mind if it was re-scheduled after the USO?

BTW I think the Mahut/Ishner match is never to be repeated on any surface. It was a freak happening.

tennis_pro
06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
You want to shorten the clay season and extend the grass season? I disagree.

Clay is for real men who are willing to fight, get dirty, run down balls, just outwill and outhit their opponents.

Grass on the other hand if for men(?) who like to be pretty and neat and hit ace after ace without really doing much effort. Do you think the stupid match between Isner and Mahut would happen on clay? Of course not, they would have died 6 hours prior, but instead we had them hit ace after ace and bore us to death. This is not real tennis IMO.

what a super hyper cool story, bro, it's too cool to describe what I feel after reading it

Satch
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
what a super hyper cool story, bro, it's too cool to describe what I feel after reading it

ahaha... i feel like all men are pigs now

ledwix
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Professional tennis has never ever made sense to me. One month of grass, and half of that month is a slam? Then there are a couple random grass court tournaments after Wimbledon that no one good plays. And there are some random clay court tournaments in the summer, too. But no one good plays those, either. It seems like a loose assortment without a coherent, overall plan.

tacou
06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
its not coherent its a bunch of individual tourneys, none of which will be rescheduled, especially FO and W. they are happy where they are and there is no way the ATP can move them

brownsfan456
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
What makes you think the French will move the tournament to accommodate the English? Or the Americans for that matter.

pound cat
06-10-2011, 03:08 PM
What makes you think the French will move the tournament to accommodate the English? Or the Americans for that matter.

The French move the tournament for anyone? Jamais!

Great Uncle Bulgaria
06-11-2011, 12:03 AM
its not coherent its a bunch of individual tourneys, none of which will be rescheduled, especially FO and W. they are happy where they are and there is no way the ATP can move them

Hmpfff!!! Well that puts a whole new complexion on matters. I thought the ATP were in charge of all the tournaments and could create/reschedule tiurnaments at will.

Bryan Swartz
06-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Nope. The Slams are not technically ATP tournaments. They are run by their individual committees.

Sentinel
06-11-2011, 03:48 AM
The French Open and Wimbledon should be held at the same time. Players should only be allowed to enter one.