TW Staff
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Full review now available.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/BLXB98/BLXB98Review.html

Jason, TW

stronzzi70
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks Jason,
By the way which one was better for you?
BLX BLADE 98 or KBT ?
Thanks!

ptr
06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
On Youtube from over the month...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBcBZDOO-fM&feature=relmfu

jamauss
06-10-2011, 10:58 PM
haha, Spencer started off quite enthusiastic in that video review...LOL

Torres
06-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Out of interest, what was that blue/aqua colored string they had in the frame?

Bartelby
06-10-2011, 11:33 PM
mosquito bite???

Out of interest, what was that blue/aqua colored string they had in the frame?

ptr
06-11-2011, 02:15 AM
For sure Spencer should be less dramatic - he isn't good actor :)

BobFL
06-11-2011, 07:37 AM

Hey, Spencer is my favorite TWer by far!!! :)

TW Staff
06-11-2011, 07:45 AM
mosquito bite???

Correct! The blue string is Weiss Cannon Mosquito Bite. Very good btw.

Spencer, TW.

Bartelby
06-11-2011, 07:49 AM
... always play it tightly stung!

TW Staff
06-11-2011, 07:54 AM

ptr-

Maybe a little over the top....maybe;) Chalk it up to a good night's sleep and the strong coffee that morning. But honestly, I was excited in this playtest. I think it's a helluva a stick, and combined with Mosquito Bite string, even more so. Personally, I felt this was Wilson's best racquet offering in their BLX line. An improvement from the KBlade 98, which was opposite of what I felt of the Blade Tours.

Thanks for watching, and thanks for the feedback!

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
06-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks Jason,
BLX BLADE 98 or KBT ?
Thanks!

Since Jason and I share the same opinion on both those sticks, I'll answer for him. He prefers the BLX Blade 98 over the BLX Blade Tour. We both felt an improvement in the BLX 98 over the KBlade 98.

We also both felt the KBlade Tour played better than the BLX Blade Tour.

So, in the BLX line we both prefer the Blade 98, and in the KBlade line we both preferred the KBlade Tour.

Spencer, TW.

adso1973
06-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Spencer, I' ve seen you are currently playing with the Exo tour and that seem to be a very comfortable racquet.

On the other hand the blade received a low rate in comfort. What can you tell us about this particular characteristic of the frame.

And also, how would you compare it with the bio 300 tour?

Thanks

Bartelby
06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Is the pink proving more popular than the gold?

TW Staff
06-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Hey Spencer, I' ve seen you are currently playing with the Exo tour and that seem to be a very comfortable racquet.

On the other hand the blade received a low rate in comfort. What can you tell us about this particular characteristic of the frame.

And also, how would you compare it with the bio 300 tour?

Thanks

Yes, the EXO3 Tour 100 is very comfortable. One of the many reasons I like it, as it is good for my elbow.

I very much like the BLX Blade 98, but it is rather stiff. Combine it with a poly, and though it plays great, it is tough on my arm. What I really enjoyed about that stick, was the solid, stable feel, and that it offered nice court penetration. I could also get nice depth on defensive shots, helping me stay in points better. I also enjoyed it on serve, being able to mix up pace, spin and location. In the end though, that combination of racquet and string that I felt played the best, was too taxing on my arm. If my arm could handle it, I would definitely consider it.

Compared to the Biomimetic 300 Tour, I personally liked it better. The 300 Tour wasn't as effective for me. It had more feel and feedback on my shots, but I couldn't get the penetration, stability and depth that I got with the BLX Blade 98.

Hope that helps.

Spencer, TW.

movdqa
06-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I like the enthusiasm - it encourages me to get out and hit more when I see these reviews.

prjacobs
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
So Spencer, What if you put all gut into this frame?

NYTennis
06-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Spencer,

good review of BLX 98. I currently switched from Dunlop 4D 300 tour to Dunlop 200 lite. 200 Lite gave a bit more power and stability on my game. Can you compare BLX 98 to 200 lite.

thanks again for great review.

TW Staff
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
So Spencer, What if you put all gut into this frame?

I think a full bed of gut would be too much for this stick. Take that with a grain of salt, because I've never liked a full bed of gut in any stick. I like a full bed of poly in this racquet because it tames the power this racquet offers, and seems to be the best fit.

Hi Spencer,

good review of BLX 98. I currently switched from Dunlop 4D 300 tour to Dunlop 200 lite. 200 Lite gave a bit more power and stability on my game. Can you compare BLX 98 to 200 lite.

thanks again for great review.

I agree with you that the 200 Lite offers a little more stability and oomph. I did like the 200 Lite as it offers excellent feel and control and is quite manageable with the balance and swingweight. The BLX Blade 98 is more crisp, and being less headlight with a higher swingweight, comes through the ball with more ferocity. If I was a bit more of a free swinger, I'd probably gravitate towards the 200 Lite, but I like how the BLX 98 compliments my game a little more.

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks Jason,
BLX BLADE 98 or KBT ?
Thanks!

Spencer was right on with what I thought between the BLX Blade 98 and the KFactor KBlade Tour.

The KBlade Tour is so control oriented! The control was fantastic. But because of the weight, I was also able to hit some big shots when I connected cleanly on a ball.

The BLX Blade 98 is a more powerful racquet. I'm enjoying it so much recently that it's my go-to stick the past few weeks. I have a 17g polyester (Mosquito Bite) in it and I'm loving it!

Jason, TW

Limpinhitter
06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Full review now available.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/BLXB98/BLXB98Review.html

Jason, TW

It looks interesting, but the 335 SW and the 2pts HL specs scare me a little. Maybe it works with a 305g frame.

adso1973
06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes, the EXO3 Tour 100 is very comfortable. One of the many reasons I like it, as it is good for my elbow.

I very much like the BLX Blade 98, but it is rather stiff. Combine it with a poly, and though it plays great, it is tough on my arm. What I really enjoyed about that stick, was the solid, stable feel, and that it offered nice court penetration. I could also get nice depth on defensive shots, helping me stay in points better. I also enjoyed it on serve, being able to mix up pace, spin and location. In the end though, that combination of racquet and string that I felt played the best, was too taxing on my arm. If my arm could handle it, I would definitely consider it.

Compared to the Biomimetic 300 Tour, I personally liked it better. The 300 Tour wasn't as effective for me. It had more feel and feedback on my shots, but I couldn't get the penetration, stability and depth that I got with the BLX Blade 98.

Hope that helps.

Spencer, TW.

Thanks Spencer for your answer, according to the review the new blade fits what I'm looking for (a mix of power, control and feel), but I'm a little concern about confort as I'm having some elbow issues.

Which racquet would you recommend with similar specs but more arm friendly. Also and sorry for asking so many questions, how did you find moving from a 93 to 100 inches frame?

Thanks!!

prjacobs
06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I think a full bed of gut would be too much for this stick. Take that with a grain of salt, because I've never liked a full bed of gut in any stick. I like a full bed of poly in this racquet because it tames the power this racquet offers, and seems to be the best fit.

Spencer, TW.

Thanks Spencer. I guess I'm wondering if there's a soft, arm friendly string that would tame the power... (A bit :) )...

NYTennis
06-15-2011, 04:19 AM
I agree with you that the 200 Lite offers a little more stability and oomph. I did like the 200 Lite as it offers excellent feel and control and is quite manageable with the balance and swingweight. The BLX Blade 98 is more crisp, and being less headlight with a higher swingweight, comes through the ball with more ferocity. If I was a bit more of a free swinger, I'd probably gravitate towards the 200 Lite, but I like how the BLX 98 compliments my game a little more.

Spencer, TW.

Thanks Spencer. 200 lite is also good on my arm. I remember that on 200 lite
TW recommended poly string but when I tried poly and even hybrid I could not play with it, I have xone by phase full bed 17g at 58 lb and it works great for me and also not hurting my arm.

What do you thing having blx 98 strung with multi?

TW Staff
06-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Spencer for your answer, according to the review the new blade fits what I'm looking for (a mix of power, control and feel), but I'm a little concern about confort as I'm having some elbow issues.

Which racquet would you recommend with similar specs but more arm friendly. Also and sorry for asking so many questions, how did you find moving from a 93 to 100 inches frame?

Thanks!!

A racquet that is close spec-wise and is a little easier on the arm is the Becker Delta Core London. I don't feel it is as crisp feeling as the BLX 98 but does have some 'free' power and good access to spin. You also may want to give Shock Shield string a try. It is very dampened and better on the elbow.

As far as moving from a 93 to a 100 inch racquet, it was better for me. Honestly, I don't feel I have much business playing with a mid based on results, but there are a few (including the Pure Storm LTD) that feel very sweet. The 98-100 headsize helps my game as it masks some of my off center hits, aiding in improved consistency.

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks Spencer. 200 lite is also good on my arm. I remember that on 200 lite
TW recommended poly string but when I tried poly and even hybrid I could not play with it, I have xone by phase full bed 17g at 58 lb and it works great for me and also not hurting my arm.

What do you thing having blx 98 strung with multi?

I think it's worth a try. X One Biphase is a great multi, and stringing it at the higher end of the tension range would help harness a bit of the power of the racquet. I've found polyester to offer better ball pocketing, and that is something I really like. Wilson Shock Shield may be worth a try as well as it is very easy on the arm. I've hit with it a couple of times, and it has a very muted feel. A "dead" type of feel, and not the lively feel of say a natural gut.

Spencer, TW.

Limpinhitter
06-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I think it's worth a try. X One Biphase is a great multi, and stringing it at the higher end of the tension range would help harness a bit of the power of the racquet. I've found polyester to offer better ball pocketing, and that is something I really like. Wilson Shock Shield may be worth a try as well as it is very easy on the arm. I've hit with it a couple of times, and it has a very muted feel. A "dead" type of feel, and not the lively feel of say a natural gut.

Spencer, TW.

X One Biphase is the closest thing to VS gut I've used. Very resiliant, very arm friendly, lots of power and ball pocketing. Great string.

awebb
06-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Spencer -

You have mentinoned the stiffness of the BLX Blade 98 a couple of times, yet you have the stiffness listed at 64. Are you going to re-test some rackets or do you feel like this is just a case of a racket feeling stiffer than its actual rating?

Thanks in advance.

adso1973
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
A racquet that is close spec-wise and is a little easier on the arm is the Becker Delta Core London. I don't feel it is as crisp feeling as the BLX 98 but does have some 'free' power and good access to spin. You also may want to give Shock Shield string a try. It is very dampened and better on the elbow.

As far as moving from a 93 to a 100 inch racquet, it was better for me. Honestly, I don't feel I have much business playing with a mid based on results, but there are a few (including the Pure Storm LTD) that feel very sweet. The 98-100 headsize helps my game as it masks some of my off center hits, aiding in improved consistency.

Spencer, TW.

Thanks Spencer, I will try to demo it alongside with my other choices(X10, 300T & PSGT) as the review is very promising.
Great review and thanks for the comments

Wolf65
06-18-2011, 01:57 AM
The BLX Blade 98 is a more powerful racquet. I'm enjoying it so much recently that it's my go-to stick the past few weeks. I have a 17g polyester (Mosquito Bite) in it and I'm loving it!

Jason, TW

Because of your extensive trials and as a matter of guidance, what tension did you use with the Mosquito bite?

Thanks

TW Staff
06-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Let me first correct my error. The Mosquito Bite is 18 gauge, not 17. I knew it felt lively for a poly, now I know why!

I strung it up at mid (58 lbs). I really liked it at that tension, but if I had to re-string it again, I might try it at 60. Just because this poly has plenty of pop. I think you'll really enjoy it. Good luck!

Jason, TW

Shaochieh
06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Let me first correct my error. The Mosquito Bite is 18 gauge, not 17. I knew it felt lively for a poly, now I know why!

I strung it up at mid (58 lbs). I really liked it at that tension, but if I had to re-string it again, I might try it at 60. Just because this poly has plenty of pop. I think you'll really enjoy it. Good luck!

Jason, TW

58 on CP machine or crank?

Wolf65
06-21-2011, 12:59 AM

Jason, TW

Thanks Jason; I have been trialling the MSV Focus Hex 1.18 at 58 (lock-out, that is 53-ish on a constant pull) and it is way too soft, fine for the first hour but as it loses tension the ball starts flying.

I'm about to re-string my rackets now, and will raise the tension of 3/4 pounds (with Mosquito bite 18) which it'll bring overall tension (on a constant pull) to approx 56.

Not sure why but polys above 56 to me is kind of too much...but it may as weel just be me. That means one racket at 56 (what a chicken) and the other one at 58 (to start with:)).

Thanks again!!:smile:

EKnee08
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM

Spencer, TW.

Spencer:

what do you like better, the Youtek Prestige MP or the BLX Blade 98?

TW Staff
06-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Spencer:

what do you like better, the Youtek Prestige MP or the BLX Blade 98?

It's been awhile since I've hit with the Youtek Prestige MP, but I do recall how much I liked it. A good, control oriented stick that can hit all the shots well. If there were a couple of things I would have liked more from this racquet would be more power on serve, and a less rectangular handle shape.

The BLX Blade 98 offers more free power than the Prestige MP with its less headlight balance, and comes in a bit lighter (though still is very stable). If I didn't have elbow issues, I would most likely choose this racquet as it suits my game better. If I were to go strictly on feel, I would choose the Prestige MP.

Both racquets are very good, and I could certainly be happy playing with either, and make adjustments where needed.

Hope that helps.

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
06-21-2011, 08:38 AM
58 on CP machine or crank?

Strung on a crank machine (Prince NEOS 1000)

Jason, TW

EKnee08
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
It's been awhile since I've hit with the Youtek Prestige MP, but I do recall how much I liked it. A good, control oriented stick that can hit all the shots well. If there were a couple of things I would have liked more from this racquet would be more power on serve, and a less rectangular handle shape.

The BLX Blade 98 offers more free power than the Prestige MP with its less headlight balance, and comes in a bit lighter (though still is very stable). If I didn't have elbow issues, I would most likely choose this racquet as it suits my game better. If I were to go strictly on feel, I would choose the Prestige MP.

Both racquets are very good, and I could certainly be happy playing with either, and make adjustments where needed.

Hope that helps.

Spencer, TW.

Yes, thank you Spencer. I would also assume, you would go with the Blade over the Radical MP?

Boricua
06-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Hope that helps.

Spencer, TW.

I assume you use the 16 x 18 Exo according to the video review I saw.

Besides the comfort, what other advantages do you get from the EXO3 Tour 100 compared to the Blade?
For example, how do they match in control, volleys, topspin, backhand slice and serve?

TW Staff
06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes, thank you Spencer. I would also assume, you would go with the Blade over the Radical MP?

Yes. Based on the performance aspects in relation to my strengths and weaknesses.

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I assume you use the 16 x 18 Exo according to the video review I saw.

Besides the comfort, what other advantages do you get from the EXO3 Tour 100 compared to the Blade?
For example, how do they match in control, volleys, topspin, backhand slice and serve?

They are definitely different in feel. Yes, the EXO3 Tour 100 has a much more comfortable response. I also find excellent control. It's lower powered and the ball tends to stay in the court more consistently. There's something about the specs and feel of this racquet where it complements my game well. To be honest, during the first few hits of the playtest, I didn't like the feel. I thought there was a lack of feel. After playing with it more, I got used to it, and would characterize it more as a "different feel" than a "lack of feel".(Note: I use the string hole grommets, as opposed to the port hole grommets).

All that being said, when it comes to control, I find the EXO3 Tour to have more. Volleys, the EXO3 Tour offers better touch and maneuverability while the BLX Blade 98 excels more with crisp, solid put aways. Topspin is a wash. The Blade 98 might slightly edge out the EXO3 Tour in backhand slice as I love the crisp response in that category. Serves, definitely the BLX Blade 98.

Spencer, TW.

Shangri La
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
They are definitely different in feel. Yes, the EXO3 Tour 100 has a much more comfortable response. I also find excellent control. It's lower powered and the ball tends to stay in the court more consistently. There's something about the specs and feel of this racquet where it complements my game well. To be honest, during the first few hits of the playtest, I didn't like the feel. I thought there was a lack of feel. After playing with it more, I got used to it, and would characterize it more as a "different feel" than a "lack of feel".(Note: I use the string hole grommets, as opposed to the port hole grommets).

All that being said, when it comes to control, I find the EXO3 Tour to have more. Volleys, the EXO3 Tour offers better touch and maneuverability while the BLX Blade 98 excels more with crisp, solid put aways. Topspin is a wash. The Blade 98 might slightly edge out the EXO3 Tour in backhand slice as I love the crisp response in that category. Serves, definitely the BLX Blade 98.

Spencer, TW.

Spencer, a bit off-topic if I may. I noticed in the reviews, and here again, that the EXO3 Tour is noted to have a 'different/unique feel'. My question is, does the EXO3 Tour TEAM have the same/similar feel as its heavier counterparts?

I have a Team which is not reviewed by TW. So I always wanted to know how its feel compares to the other 2 versions and get a better understanding of the reviews. Thanks.

TW Staff
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Spencer, a bit off-topic if I may. I noticed in the reviews, and here again, that the EXO3 Tour is noted to have a 'different/unique feel'. My question is, does the EXO3 Tour TEAM have the same/similar feel as its heavier counterparts?

I have a Team which is not reviewed by TW. So I always wanted to know how its feel compares to the other 2 versions and get a better understanding of the reviews. Thanks.

I didn't playtest that racquet, however, I spoke with Chris who playtested both. He said he didn't feel the Tour Team 100 had quite that same "unique" feel of the EXO3 Tour 100. It is very plush and flexible, but felt the "unique" feel was much more amplified in the EXO3 Tour 100.

Here is a link to the video review of the Tour Team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uE6V4-xPZY

Spencer, TW.

Shangri La
06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I didn't playtest that racquet, however, I spoke with Chris who playtested both. He said he didn't feel the Tour Team 100 had quite that same "unique" feel of the EXO3 Tour 100. It is very plush and flexible, but felt the "unique" feel was much more amplified in the EXO3 Tour 100.

Here is a link to the video review of the Tour Team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uE6V4-xPZY

Spencer, TW.

Ahh, I see. I liked the feel of the Team when first hit with it and didn't really need to get used to it, now it makes sense. Thanks Spencer (and Chris)! And the Team video review is a nice surprise - didn't expect that!

Boricua
06-22-2011, 07:48 AM

Spencer, TW.

Hi again. Sometimes, some phrases or words I dont quite understand as spanish is my first language. So, when you say "Topspin is a wash.", this means that its hard to tell which one has better topspin?

TW Staff
06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi again. Sometimes, some phrases or words I dont quite understand as spanish is my first language. So, when you say "Topspin is a wash.", this means that its hard to tell which one has better topspin?

Correct. It means I didn't feel one created more topspin than the other.

Spencer, TW.

zepphead33
06-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Spencer, how do you have your Exo3 strung? I might get the 18/20, any suggestions for how to string it?

TW Staff
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Spencer, how do you have your Exo3 strung? I might get the 18/20, any suggestions for how to string it?

I play with the 16/18 and have messed around with different string and different tension. I'm not much of a gut guy but I did like the Volkl V-Fuse hybrid string set up. I put the poly in the mains, and the gut in the crosses and strung both mains and crosses at 58 lbs. (mid). Another string I'm fond of in this stick is Mosquito Bite by Weiss Cannon. It's an 18g poly that offers good access to spin, and a livelier feel than a 16g poly. I had that one strung at mid tension as well. I've found mid tension most to my liking in this racquet. I've gone as low as 50, and maybe because the flex rating is so low, lower tension made it feel a little "loose". So a firmer stringbed was more controllable for me. I'll be trying some Weiss Cannon Black 5 Edge before too long.

As far as the 18/20, the feel is similar. When I playtested that one, it had Prince Hybrid Power EXP 17/16, and I thought it was a good compliment to the racquet.

Also, I replaced the port hole grommet inserts with string hole grommet inserts, and I think that also added a bit of firmness and more control. The EXO3 Tour 100 is a good fit for me because it has a good control to power ratio, has a forgiving string bed, and the low flex rating allows me to be able to use a full poly string job and still not hurt my elbow.

Spencer, TW.

When I tested the

LinePainter
07-05-2011, 11:02 PM
If you had to compare the Head Youtek IG Speed MP 18x20, to the Wilson BLX Blade 98 what would your opinion be?

Chi
07-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey Spencer/Jason,

In the video review Troy mentions that the 18x20 stringing pattern on the BLX Blade 98 is 'more open' than usual 18x20's...

What are your thoughts from this point of view? I'm traditionally more of a 16x19 guy, but the blade line has always taken my fancy due to every spec except the stringing pattern! Therefore I'm very interested to know if the feel on the stringbed for this stick is 'less dense' than usual?

Thanks for any comments in advance! :)

dParis
07-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Count me as one who prefers the K over the BLX. Yes, the blades do have an open pattern compared to other 18x20. I generally don't like 18x20 as they usually feel quite "boardy" to me. Not so with the Blades. They really do play more like a 16x19 in terms of liveliness, spin and sweetspot.

Chi
07-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey dParis - Thanks for that. Thats good to hear, as I've just ordered one anyway!

What string are you using in yours at the moment?
I hear a thin gauge poly is the way to go on these?

dParis
07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey dParis - Thanks for that. Thats good to hear, as I've just ordered one anyway!

What string are you using in yours at the moment?
I hear a thin gauge poly is the way to go on these?
The BLXB98 I demoed was strung with Wilson Shock Block or Shock guard - something like that. I never heard of it before and I don't think I care for it at all. The racquet itself seemed decent enough. I think you'll be getting a versatile, capable racquet. The KBlade I played was strung with ALU Power. I generally don't like polys but I got used to it after a while in the KB. Power, control, spin - an all around good racquet. I don't use it but if I had to, it would be no problem - and I don't feel I'd be missing out on anything not having the BLX version.

Chi
07-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I've never got along with the ALU line of string from Luxilon - so I wont be going down that route.

I'll test a few out i reckon - i usually hit with 16g poly, so a move to something thinner in this frame is going to be new. I'll prob stick with my 16g initially to compare the racket, then check out string setups after.

dParis
07-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I've never got along with the ALU line of string from Luxilon - so I wont be going down that route.

I'll test a few out i reckon - i usually hit with 16g poly, so a move to something thinner in this frame is going to be new. I'll prob stick with my 16g initially to compare the racket, then check out string setups after.
Not only do I not get along with ALU, I don't care for polys in general based on my brief experience with them. That's one reason why I was impressed with the Kblade. Here is a string I would never use by choice but I still found the racquet to be extremely playable.

Keep looking around the forum. I'm sure there is plenty of information and opinions about stringing the BLX Blade. Enjoy your new racquet.

Chi
07-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Just a quick one - have had a first hit with the Blade 98 now. I like it, but I need to dampen the power somewhat on the next string job. Kept hitting way long!

Had Signum Pro Tornado 17g @ 56 (way too low) as its my old setup on my Dunlop 4D 200 (16x19) for a comparison. Blade has plenty of power.

Thanks again to dParis for the tip on string pattern feel. Definitely doesnt feel as dense as usual 18x20's. Like it a lot. Just gotta reign the power in/adjust a little.

:)

Limpinhitter
07-25-2011, 05:33 AM
If you had to compare the Head Youtek IG Speed MP 18x20, to the Wilson BLX Blade 98 what would your opinion be?

I'd like an answer to that question myself. For one thing, the Speed MP is a heavier, more head light, racquet. But, they do seem to have similar builds.

John Kawasaki
07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Just tried the BLX Blade for the third time. Initially the demos were strung with multis that offered up a little too much power for me and nothing special feel wise. I just hit with another demo strung rather high (57 on a constant pull, maybe 61 ish on a lockout) using a thin 18g poly full bed (Solinco Tour Bite)......totally different animal. My first hitting session was rather magical; waiting for the honeymoon to end (yes, I know my tendencies !)..........

ductrung3993
12-31-2011, 05:42 AM
Spencer was right on with what I thought between the BLX Blade 98 and the KFactor KBlade Tour.

The KBlade Tour is so control oriented! The control was fantastic. But because of the weight, I was also able to hit some big shots when I connected cleanly on a ball.

Jason, TW

You meant 18g?