PDA

View Full Version : 3 yonex rd 80 new version, 4 1/2 grip, 9 out of 10

Shawn James
06-10-2011, 04:29 PM
would like to sell for the following,one for 125, 2 for 235 and 3 for 310 or best offer or trade for 3 players sticks, 95 head or less, email me at jamessh@usa.redcross.org great rep, shawnjames

Kot_Bigemot
06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Considering that you paid $75/frame shipped....What a great price you offer!

choochoo
06-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Funny, u begged me to sell those same frames to u for $75 a piece and now ur selling them 3 days later for $50 a piece more? Wow, good for u! What a businessman.

Steve F.
06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Ditto Kot and choochoo....

Glad I didn't accept your lowball offer to buy my sticks Shawn.

It's a community here Shawn, word travels fast.

basil J
06-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Shawn has always been a stand up guy. I am a little surprised by what I am seeing here.

Shawn James
06-15-2011, 05:27 AM
First of all, I did want to trade for these frames, the value for the 3 frames was more than fair, those of you that know me understand that I have practically given away frames in the past, have been more than fair as far as taking loses on frames, have been very honest about the condtion of frames and always shipped quickly. Please also note that I have done over 100 deals and never had a complaint in the past and tried to help in anyway that I could. Please stop and look at all of the positive deals i have done in the past, most of the time I NEGOTIATE PRICES AND DROP THEM ALOT LOWER THAN WHAT I ASKED FOR TO START WITH, MOST OF YOU DO THAT AS WELL, SO BY THE TIME I SOLD THEM AND GOT THE MONEY AFTER SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES, I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE NOT MADE MUCH IF ANYTHING, AND I DID PAY 150 for the 2 USED ONES AND 90 FOR A THE NEW ONE, BUT HAD TO HAVE THEM ALL RESTRUNG, so NO i REALLY DID NOT MAKE ANYTHING ON THESE, IN ADDITION , i DID TRADE THEM AND LOSE MONEY ON THE DEAL, so please stop, Shawn James

Setmatch45
06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Wow I am suprised at the reaction! Shawn and I have made several deals in the past and it has always gone great and he does lower prices if it makes a deal happen. Our last deal I made a mistake on one of my back up frames and we worked together to make it correct for each of us. What people list for and what they are two different things. Shawn has a long track record of being a strong pillar of the forums and if people have questions why not email him off line for an explaination than takling it to an open forum.

Cfidave
06-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Can't speak to the current offer, but I have dealt with Shawn in the past and have received an incredibly good deal on 3 Dunlops. In fact the best deal I have ever received on any tennis gear. He did great by me.

Captain Haddock
06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Shawn typically sells frames in packages of 3 for what most people charge for 2 frames in the same condition. I have purchased from him as well. He's been very reliable and honest for many years on this board. If this is indeed a community, let's recognize those with a great history.

ten11
06-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Shawn has always been a stand up guy.

+1.
I was hoping this thread will die so I did not jump in. I can testify Shawn is a good guy and had wonderful experiences with him. I even will say I made a friend out of him. He did show inconsistency just like this one, but think about it, do you really think he will able to sell these for THAT asking price. Or just a strategic move to raise the trade value. What is wrong with that?

Steve F.
06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
We all know this is a self policing forum that has always relied on trust and in the best case, intelligent or witty commentary. These are Yonex frames, of outstanding quality and everyone in this thread knows this because I recognize most of your handles from Yonex or other threads.
Clearly, the issue isn't that Shawn has been a good egg in the past (of which I have no idea because my only interaction was his lowball email to me) it's that Shawn, you're now selling the very same frames at the very same prices you refused to buy from others, in my case, 1 or 2 days later. And clearly other forum members lowered their prices well below what you are asking now to sell to you. ...Funny that didn't go over too well.

If anyone, or Shawn, you in particular, if you aren't happy that the forum has posted that you are marking up the price on frames you just bought and are now selling back to the same forum where you bought them... I'd humbly suggest you don't do it. :-) No hostility on my part, simply a wtf, and a thumbs down.

To anyone suggesting let the free market work, I'd say this thread is the free market, watch it work. To anyone suggesting that Shawn always gives good deals, and he lowers his price after negotiation, feel free to buy the frames at his asking price without thinking of this thread. :-)
Happy hitting to all!

schap02
06-17-2011, 04:35 AM
For what it's worth,
I Buy/sell/trade all sorts of tennis gear with Shawn.
Some deals we both agree, some deals we both disagree but there's a mutual respect for each others opinion.

He's always been a stand-up guy.