PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

10istalent
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Presently playing with the Youtek Speed Elite. Tried the Head Prestige MP, liked it better. Don't know what else to try. I am looking for more power, but still want the control. I hit big groundstrokes, but am very consistant. Hated the Extreme. Loved the old Wilson KBlade 98. Want to try some others before I choose. Don't want to just settle. Yonnex? Volkl? Babolot? Wilson? I just don't even know where to begin.

fuzz nation
06-11-2011, 06:37 AM
The three spec's that best predict any racquet's personality for me are its static weight, balance, and flex. Keep track of those numbers among the different frames you sample and you ought to be able to narrow down your preferences.

As far as the experiences you noted along with the features you're looking for, I encourage you to try some racquets with more weight and also more flex than your Elite. The Prestige MP was a step in the right direction and the Extreme was obviously not for you. It's relatively light and also really stiff.

Not saying that you need to use what I use, but when I took up with the Volkl C10, the softer racquet gave me more control and allowed me to play with more power than my old, stiff ProStaffs. Something with an extra helping of both heft (for stability and power) and flex may really allow you to swing away with a larger degree of comfort and confidence.

There are some frames out there that are quite soft and also not too heavy. Some of those could be too dead for you, but some of the options around that are heavier and softer than your current gear could let you play with more authority. Check out the 10 series Volkls, Pacific (used to be Fischer), ProKennex, and even the Yonex RD Ti 80 or Dunlop 200's.

OldButGame
06-11-2011, 07:57 AM
^^^ Fuzz has great direction there (as usual!!)...I was going to say I've really enjoyed the Volkl PB10 MP lately.. :)

10istalent
06-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks so much. Tried the Volkl PB10MP and you are absolutely right. Love this racquet. THANKS!