PDA

View Full Version : Bevels and being left-handed

whomad15
06-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I play with a POG with the original leather grip. Would buying a replacement grip and wrapping it left-handed help with creating some better bevels? Yes I do use an overgrip or two

fuzz nation
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
It probably would. Last year I rewrapped my Dad's racquets to accommodate his left-handed play and he thought it felt better for him.

bcart1991
06-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Yes, it definitely will.

<--- lefty

goran_ace
06-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Not necessarily. Creating better bevels is a function of materials and your grip-wrapping technique. Considering you are replacing old leather (hardened, compressed) with new leather it may feel slightly cushier but can still yield a sharp bevel as long as you wrap it well.

Wrapping it LH versus the standard way makes no difference on the bevels, the reason for wrapping it LH for lefties is so you don't have seams/overlap running across your fingers.

alidisperanza
06-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, it will make bevels more suited to the contour of your hand. Wrapped "righty," your fingers don't find the bevels as easily. Or rather, your fingers will not naturally sit "in" the bevel". You can probably get away with un-wrapping and re-wrapping the grip that's there if it's long enough. Just remember to wrap to the left from where you start.

As for the "quality" of the bevel, goran is correct. It all comes down to how you wrap

UCSF2012
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I play with a POG with the original leather grip. Would buying a replacement grip and wrapping it left-handed help with creating some better bevels? Yes I do use an overgrip or two

Why don't you try it out yourself?