PDA

View Full Version : ProStaff Tour 90 owners...

perfmode
04-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Tell me what you think of the racquets. Are they for serve and volley players or can baseliners benefit from the control and feel. I am a basliner-all court player and I only move to the net when I get an offer I can't refuse. The HH 5.3's are no longer my type and I need a "players' racquet" with nice control touch.

ps 6.0
04-25-2004, 10:31 AM
If you're coming from the HH 5.3 the Tour 90 is a huge step. At least from personal experience, i went from the Pro Staff Original 6.0 95 to the Tour 90 and the added swingweight and just heft of the racket was very noticable. That extra half an ounce pretty much seemed like it was placed soley in the head. Sure the HH 5.3 had high swingweights, but an extra 2 ounces to lug around is going to take much getting used to. If you're looking for a players racket try out the Tour 95, Diablo MP, and the Yonex RD Ti 80 those are great rackets with nice feel but not the immense heft of the Tour 90.

ProStaffTour90
04-25-2004, 11:18 AM
It's helped both my first and second serve, and is really solid on volleys, however on the baseline you have to prepare so well for every single shot, which i am still finding pretty diificult!

LordRaceR
04-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Tour90 is very, very demanding racquet. Previously I was using i.Prestige MP and after three weeks of using Tour90 I can say itís is a great stick, but you need to play at least 4 times a week just to be able to use it properly. Now am playing for every day and am still trying to get best of the racquet, but when you hit it just right the results are great. I am 5.0 and playing with my old friends that are ex-futures tournament players. Bottom line, if you playing less then 4 times a week, Tour90 is not for you. Beside that, it's very stiff so you can have elbow problems. If you what to get more closer to the players racquet, I recommend Head i. (or LM) prestige MP. The mid point may be Babolat Pure Drive.

Cigo
04-26-2004, 04:43 AM
The key to preparing with a heavy racquet is to get those shoulders and hips turning(unit turn). If you're ready to hit with full swings and constantly move your feet then Tour 90 will surely work out for you on the base line. The heft helps with big hitters, while the control allows you to let go on almost every shot and still make it(a VERY satisfying feeling). Of course serves and volleys are sweet. In addition the stiffness provided by hyper carbon gives you more power, though some complain about their arm. A good racquet; but you should try any of Prestiges(mid or mid+) and other simmilar racquets before you make up your mind. Good luck.

prince
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Im about a 3.5 all court , switched from prince precision response ti to a tour 90.
volleys are great and serves are better - baseline is a little tougher but if you set up and time really good - you are rewarded with control.

the bad thing about it is i can only use soft strings with it as when i used poly - i do get elbow problems(with poly).