PDA

View Full Version : New Players Sticks

federer_nadal
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi guys, i am looking at getting a new layers racquet soon, my n61 tours are god but im looking for my holy grail, my game is big serve , bige forehand, strong backhand. All court, serve and volley sometimes. One hander backhand. It has to be be a players stick. I am thinking about an rdx500 mid, rdti80, n61 95's. Can anyone give me some feedback on theses sticks and other racquet suggestions are welcome

Return_Ace
06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I thought you said you were gonna try the RDX and Ti-80 out? Howd it go? Did you like them? ....................................

federer_nadal
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
i am going to try them out but mum had to work so i cannot get to adelaide this week it will be like in the next 2

TennsDog
06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I have a big serve and forehand, primarily baseliner, but venture to net sometimes, and the nCode 95 works great. I have never had a better racket for serves and it has great control. I don't think the Yonex rackets really have enough umph in 'em for your game. The nCode 95 is definitly worth a demo.

lookitstrevor
06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I think the RDX has a good amount of umph at the net. Takes some getting used to for everything else.

andrew_slattery
06-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Make sure you buy your new frame through TW. Prices of racquets are so expensive in Australia. I was looking at the Dunlop 200G - its been discounted from A$289 to A$199 which is still around US$150!! You can get it at TW for US$100 or US$70(brand new demo), which I think is a bargain. But this price difference is the same for all frames

federer_nadal
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
i know, its killing my wallet

kian
06-29-2005, 04:05 AM
i know, its killing my wallet

Try coming down to Singapore.

Rackets are relatively cheap here.

E.g. nCode 95 would be around S$200?

i.Radical
06-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Still cheaper on TW...

tschevap
06-29-2005, 04:31 AM
Make sure you buy your new frame through TW. Prices of racquets are so expensive in Australia. I was looking at the Dunlop 200G - its been discounted from A$289 to A$199 which is still around US$150!! You can get it at TW for US$100 or US$70(brand new demo), which I think is a bargain. But this price difference is the same for all frames

Cant believe it: You get the Dunlop 200G for 60Euros here in Germany...=around 75Dollars...

Wow! I am glad not to buy rackets in Australia...but i would love to play on hardcourt and gras :)
We have only dirt here :(

AndrewD
06-29-2005, 04:33 AM
federer_nadal,

The price differences are not the same for all frames. Most of them yes, but not all of them. Wilson, Prince and ProKennex can be had for prices comparable to or better than overseas prices. Yes, you have to shop around for Aussie stores on-line but that doesnt take much effort. In general though, Wilson is the one brand available here that is consistantly cheaper than through international merchants. The nSix-One 95 is available about $50 cheaper than if you buy in the States (and have to include shipping) but you have to look around - perhaps even somewhere in Adelaide.

Anyway, of the racquets you mentioned Id go for the Wilson. It pretty much suits the style of play you mentioned as well as being a fine all-around racquet. As someone who serve-volleys I dont think much of the Yonex but that's only my opinion.

Rory G
06-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I would give the RDX mid a good look. I have played with most newer players frame at one point or another and the RDX had a fantastic combo of control and power. Also great ability to hit a serve with good pop and action. Loved it at net. I don't get the whole "I can't hit with a Yonex" thing. They are very well made racquets. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in adjusting to a Yonex frame versus other manufacturers. I also really liked the MP Tour 5, although it is probably too light for you. Also try the nCode 95. It plays heavier than the Yonex and might be a good demo.