PDA

View Full Version : Funniest player rituals

Vortex Tour 95
06-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Nadal- butt picking

Lendl- tearing each eyelash out one by one.

Roddick- shirt tug with wrist shake

Djokovic- bounce bounce bounce bounce to infinity

Federer- delicate fixing of the hair around head band

Lsmkenpo
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Nadal's isn't really a ritual, it is a product of a mental deficiency he can't control, nothing to be laughed at.

aphex
06-13-2011, 03:40 AM
I love the one where Nadal chokes on a banana...so funny!

Hitman
06-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Mariano Zabaleta - Always has to pull his shorts up, exposing his quads before every serve and return.

mandy01
06-13-2011, 04:27 AM
Nadal's isn't really a ritual, it is a product of a mental deficiency he can't control, nothing to be laughed at.
...Okay,I'm sorry.:cry::cry:

Nadal could use some bunny therapy :sad:

tusharlovesrafa
06-13-2011, 04:32 AM
...Okay,I'm sorry.:cry::cry:

Nadal could use some bunny therapy :sad:

oR ELSE HE CAN MEET MY PSHYCOLOGIST..:)

mandy01
06-13-2011, 04:37 AM
oR ELSE HE CAN MEET MY PSHYCOLOGIST..:)Ahh..That explains your posts here.

Vortex Tour 95
06-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Why do players have rituals?

I think Sampras had the least .

stringertom
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
oR ELSE HE CAN MEET MY PSHYCOLOGIST..:)

You obviously missed your chance at competing in the International Spelling Bee! I nede lesions alsew!

stringertom
06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Why do players have rituals?

I think Sampras had the least .

How about his annoying flick of the hand to cast away the brow sweat?

snowpuppy
06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I don't know if delpotro still do this, but he would roll one leg of this shorts up when he gets ready to receive. Don't underestimate the intimidation factor of a farmer's tan i guess.

monique s
06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know if delpotro still do this, but he would roll one leg of this shorts up when he gets ready to receive. Don't underestimate the intimidation factor of a farmer's tan i guess.

F.Lopez does that too....yuck. Sampras with the flick of the finger....just awful, hated it.

Clarky21
06-13-2011, 01:49 PM

I'm going to ask you again to elaborate on this. What are your reasons for saying that Rafa has mental deficiency?

TheNatural
06-13-2011, 02:07 PM
The funniest ritual Nadal has is beating up on Fred in the Slam finals..That's hilarious.

TiberiusGracchus
06-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Pretty much anything Marion Bartoli does on court lol.

rafabull
06-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Murray with his pushing.

Sneezy
06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I think Mary Pierce and her weird serving tics.

Tammo
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Don't forget Ivanovic with a "come" on after every point she plays.

Raid
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Pretty much anything Marion Bartoli does on court lol.

this

hahaha

Cup8489
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Murray with his pushing.

The question wasn't who you want to direct your hate at, but who had the funniest rituals.

Do you know what that means?

PSNELKE
06-13-2011, 04:06 PM
You sir are a thread machine.
Sure you are not related to Mun or Halba, or even both`? :)

Iīd say the butt picking is the weirdest but I cant laugh at any of them.

Vortex Tour 95
06-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Video of player superstitions.

Marry Fish has some funny ones. For example he will only accept certain balls from certain ball boys:

http://bestoftennis.org/tennis-tournaments/bnp-paribas-open/pro-player-superstitions/

Vortex Tour 95
06-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Superstitions in Tennis
0†Comments Published by Ann January 7th, 2010 in Sports.

Tennis players, with their speed and agility, also have the ability to work out what their opponent might be doing five moves from theirs and the other possible moves to their countermoves.† Tennis players are amazing sportsmen and sportswomen.† However, the clinical mindset it takes to dissect the moves of your opponent has room as well for silly superstitions.† Almost every player has them.† People have seen them throughout many tennis tournaments, and probably will see them again during the up and coming Autralian Open.† Tennis players, even famous ones, are not inured to routines and habits that have become a part of their superstitions.

During his games, Andre Agassi must make the ball boys and ball girls be in the original place they were before he serves.† If that means he asks them to go back, he will do it.† In a whole tournament, one of the Williams sisters, Serena, will actually wear the same pair of socks.† Not copies of the same kind, but the same stinky sweat ridden pair soaked in sweat from numerous matches.† Other famous female tennis players have their share of superstitions.† Hennin-Hardenne would never ever put her feet on tennis lines between points.† Allegedly, this habit has toned down now from her usual ferocity in keeping up her superstition.

What is the point of such superstitions?† Mostly itís a mental one.† If a player thinks they have an advantage by doing some strange and often dumb looking (or smelling if youíre Serena Williamsís socks), then that player will play like they have an advantage.† Itís a kind of self-imposed psychological trick.† The other reason superstitions work is it makes a brain get some focus which is critical for a match.† Tennis is a detail-orientated sport: a player must be focused on the ball pin ponging around the court and following through on a swing and a million other things.† If having the ball boys out of place distracts you, you will also be off your game.† Therefore, it is better almost to have a superstition that eliminates such distractions,† It isnít really so much a superstition either as a means to increase the mental aspect of a playerís game.

Proset
06-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Ivanisevic and one ball theory
Sampras and extreme darkness while sleeping
Isner "between the legs bounce" (becomes annoying by the 5th set)
Rafa and the sprint to the baseline
Personally, I've always enjoyed watching Agassi walk back and forth to the baseline before receiving a serve while fixing his strings