PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Pre-Predictions

tvp900
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
The draw may not have come out yet, but what do you guys think would be a good draw from the quarters on? Realistic, or just a personal wish, I'm kinda curious. Here's mine:

Quarterfinals
Nadal def. Soderling - straight sets, maybe a tiebreak or 2
Roddick def. Djokovic - 5 sets of fantastic tennis from both
Murray def. Tsonga - straight sets decimation, maybe a love set
Federer def. Berdych - 4 sets similar to last years quarterfinal, Fed avenging

Semifinals
Roddick def. Nadal - 4 sets similar to the Miami semi from last year. Roddick playing go-for-broke
Murray def. Federer - 5 sets where Murray finally shows he can beat Fed well

Finals
Roddick def. Murray - 5 sets of Roddick amped up for a non-Fed final, and Murray trying to win in front of his home crowd.

There you have it. Realistic? Not really, but it's certainly possible.

stringertom
06-13-2011, 11:25 AM
The much-decorated prognosticator from the Ivy League of the West will surely weigh in on your predictions. I am anxious to compare his picks to yours prior to issuing my always amateurish selections. Come in now Fedace!

MajinX
06-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I just want to see a nadal roddick semi, these two have been the best players in wimbledon along side federer in the last 5 years but have never played.

FeVer
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
The draw may not have come out yet, but what do you guys think would be a good draw from the quarters on? Realistic, or just a personal wish, I'm kinda curious. Here's mine:

Quarterfinals
Nadal def. Soderling - straight sets, maybe a tiebreak or 2
Roddick def. Djokovic - 5 sets of fantastic tennis from both
Murray def. Tsonga - straight sets decimation, maybe a love set
Federer def. Berdych - 4 sets similar to last years quarterfinal, Fed avenging

Semifinals
Roddick def. Nadal - 4 sets similar to the Miami semi from last year. Roddick playing go-for-broke

Finals
Roddick def. Murray - 5 sets of Roddick amped up for a non-Fed final, and Murray trying to win in front of his home crowd.

There you have it. Realistic? Not really, but it's certainly possible.

Wishful thinking!

Quarters
Nadal def. Soderling - straight sets
Djokovic def. Roddick - 4 sets of good tennis from Djok (and Roddick intermittently), 1 tiebreak won by Rod
Murray def. Tsonga - 4 sets, blazing tennis from Tsonga at the start but Murray pushes and prods his way through
Federer def. Berdych - 4 sets similar to last years quarterfinal

Semifinals
Nadal def. Djokovic - 4 sets, Djokovic blasts thru the second but Rafa holds on

Final
Nadal def. Murray - straight set beatdown

kishnabe
06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Roddick vs Murray final would be entertaining if Roddick plays anything like 09!

Tammo
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
the draw isn't even out yet, but chances are that Roddick and Djokovic will be in the same quarter.

kOaMaster
06-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I hope federer is on nadal's half :)

Comet Buster
06-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Roddick vs Murray final would be entertaining if Roddick plays anything like 09!

Roddick would have to turn the clock back and play similarly to 2003/2004 to take Murray out.

gold soundz
06-14-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the final will be Murray vs Federer with Federer winning. Murray will take out Nadal in the semis.

batz
06-14-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the final will be Murray vs Federer with Federer winning. Murray will take out Nadal in the semis.

Why are you so sure? It could just as easily be a Fedal semi.

Comet Buster
06-14-2011, 04:13 AM

*Enter consipracy theorists explaining how draws are rigged.........

But in all seriousness I doubt the OP's scenario will turn out. Federer and Nadal are the clear favourites here. Murray is third after winning Queens. After that I see no one; Djokovic is clearly capable on any surface but I haven't seen him on grass for a year. I've already mentioned Roddick will need to address and revamp his forehand mecnhanics if he wants a Wimbledon title.

gold soundz
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM

I don't think the organizers would do that. Although I guess it would give Murray a better chance so I don't know. But still, I'm gonna stick with Murray taking out Nadal in the semis and then losing to Federer in the final.