PDA

View Full Version : Just curious....

Stitch626
04-25-2004, 11:53 AM
How many of you actually play with matched rackets? And, can you really tell the difference between unmatched rackets? How big of a difference is it to you? Or is it just a preference?

I was just wondering because I see people who match rackets and stuff and was just curious as to what effect it really has.

Steve Huff
04-25-2004, 01:32 PM
I do. But, I weight and balance them myself. Most rackets of the same type are very close anyway, so it's usually only a matter of a few tenths of an ounce of lead tape. I have weighted and balanced rackets for others too, and the only ones I have found that are sometimes way off are the really lightweight rackets. For instance, I did a person's Prince RIPs, and one was 8.7oz while the other one was 9.9oz. I took off the grips and looked for extra weight that could have been added sometime by the buyer or even during manufacturing, but couldn't find anything.

Datacipher
04-25-2004, 02:41 PM
I do. But, I weight and balance them myself. Most rackets of the same type are very close anyway, so it's usually only a matter of a few tenths of an ounce of lead tape. I have weighted and balanced rackets for others too, and the only ones I have found that are sometimes way off are the really lightweight rackets. For instance, I did a person's Prince RIPs, and one was 8.7oz while the other one was 9.9oz. I took off the grips and looked for extra weight that could have been added sometime by the buyer or even during manufacturing, but couldn't find anything.

8.7 and 9.9! That is horrendous! I have never seen a discrepancy quite that big! Jeers to Prince!