PDA

View Full Version : interesting bogie interview

bjk
06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't know why this transcript is fascinating, but it is. It's with Alexander Bogomolov after he beat Murray in Miami.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=70238

Q. Had you ever faced Andy before today?
ALEX BOGOMOLOV: Yeah, one time maybe six years ago in the Binghamton Challenger in the semis, and after that he took off. You know, he was ranked maybe 120 at the time. I was right around there, as well. And then he qualified the Open and had his first Grand Slam win I guess against Albert Costa.
After that, he took off and I kind of faded. I remember that match really well, so I knew that I'm going to hit a lot of balls regardless. He's not gonna forget that we played, either, you know.

Q. Do you remember the score of that match?
ALEX BOGOMOLOV: 5 and 4.

tacou
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
the gap between pros is so small yet sooooo big

bjk
06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
This is another interesting response.

Q. What was the surgery and when?
ALEX BOGOMOLOV: Well, I mean, I went through some personal things way back when I got divorced, and I slipped in the ranking. Then I started playing really well. I came back to like 130 with nothing to defend for like six months.
I was in the final of a 100,000 challenger in Korea, and then fell on my hand, broke my -- tore all the ligaments in my left wrist. Then I went to like five different doctors, Florida, Texas, Los Angeles, and nobody wanted to do the surgery.
Everybody wanted to send me to this guy, the magician, in Philadelphia. That's why I moved to New Jersey, to have the surgery over there and do the rehab. And even after the surgery nothing was -- it wasn't healing.
My fiancée got pregnant, and the next day I was hitting forehand/backhands. I don't know how to explain that.

Rhino
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Q. At your level, can you support a family?
ALEX BOGOMOLOV: I have been pretty busy making money, yeah.

The guy's made $115,012 in prize money so far in 2011. Not too bad really considering he's only ranked at #80 in the world.

roundiesee
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
An eye-opener indeed; the world of the "everyday" pro is so different from the Nadals and Federers of the tour :(

Rhino
06-15-2011, 02:35 AM
Looks like Bogomolov is carving up the field at 's-Hertogenbosch.

Back to back wins against Chardy and Volandri should put him in the top 70.

Clay lover
06-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Looks like Bogie is a pretty down to earth guy, he's willing to talk about his life and stuff with the reporters. Good luck to him.