PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel bad for Querrey

serve stopper
06-13-2011, 07:42 PM
He's going to be 54 in the world pretty soon
I miss hearing about this guy, anyone else feel the same. :(

BrooklynNY
06-13-2011, 07:43 PM
yeah, I feel bad for him. He should practice more and do 100 extra pushups everyday.

Cup8489
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
he should get some fire in his eyes instead of lollygaggin around.

Tony48
06-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Is he injured or just in a slump?

Fifth Set
06-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I do because I worry that he doesn't have a much better sense of what happened to his game than we do. :confused:

ledwix
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Don't you mean he's going to be 40 in the world? It says he is losing 14 rankings, but the 40 is included in that.

Feņa14
06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw his match with Ward at Queens, he didn't particularly seem that bothered about it. His body language was poor and he didn't use any of his experience, he let Ward get his rhythm and he didn't really do anything to take him out of it.

bluetrain4
06-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't feel sorry for anyone who makes a decent living playing tennis. The number of players who do that is far less than what most people think, but I believe Querry would qualify, at least up to this point.

SirGounder
06-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah I don't feel sorry for the guy. He gets paid and given gear to play tennis. I think this California laid back attitude is a bit problem. Yes be laid back in everyday life, but on the court, turn into a monster.

Mainad
06-14-2011, 07:08 AM
I think I'm more puzzled by him.I watched him play James Ward at Queens this week (where he was the defending champ) and to me he looked like he wasn't very interested at all,just going through the motions really. IMO he should and could have won that match but just gave me the impression he wanted to get off court as quickly as possible one way or the other.

Maybe he's just lost motivation at the moment or doesn't feel too fit.I don't know.But he's a good player with real potential as he's shown in the past and I hope he recovers his appetite for the game soon.Either that or just take a break!

PSNELKE
06-14-2011, 07:20 AM
He is a mug who cant return a serve to save his life.

jdubbs
06-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I do feel bad for him. He's got a dynamic serve and a huge forehand.

But he doesn't move well, he kind of ambles around awkwardly. I watched him play in person, and DelPo played right after him. Same height, but wow, DelPo was so graceful on the court compared to Querrey.

Querrey needs a new coach, someone who will really push him. He's maxed out his talent with his current coach.

jamesblakefan#1
06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Sam is probably the most frustrating player for me with his results since maybe Blake. The guy should be easily top 20 but doesn't seem to have the fire out there at times, again similar to Blake in that regards. Though a bit worse than Blake since Blake peaked higher and did show the occasional fire out there. I don't think I've once seen Querrey even fist pump or be excited on court.

I saw an interview during RG where he said that's just his style and he's laid back but the fire is there, but the results and on court body language make me wonder. I really wonder if he really loves the game or if he's just doing it because he's been forced into it. He doesn't seem to have any passion to become a top player.

dirtballer
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Two years ago after he lost at Wimbledon he made the comment "I'm not bummed out, I have tickets to the All Star game." Last year at the French Open he said he didn't even want to be there. Being laid back is fine but he needs to want it more if he's going to get to the next level.

sureshs
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
He is a cool laid back guy. Not an anal competitor like Nadal.

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2011, 10:04 AM
It's all good saying he has no fire but his return, backhand, movement and feel are not great.

dbusiness
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
He doesn't seem to want to work for it. When he played Ryan Sweeting in Delray he turned it up for about 4 games and decided he didn't want to work that hard to win. He maybe burning out even though he is 23, maybe he should take 6 month's to 1 year off and get the passion back for the game.

I think everybody is getting behind Fish, he's 29 and must have woke up and realized that he doesn't have many days left to get serious and make a run at the top 10.

jamesblakefan#1
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
It's all good saying he has no fire but his return, backhand, movement and feel are not great.

Yeah, but he should still be ranked higher than whatever he is now. There's a lot of guys ahead of him with lesser games.

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, but he should still be ranked higher than whatever he is now. There's a lot of guys ahead of him with lesser games.

He is underachieving, I think he hasn't got over his 4th round loss to Wawrinka which was his best chance of a QF/SF run in a slam.

NadalAgassi
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
He should have gotten to the U.S Open semis last year. What a wasted opportunity.

Totai
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't feel bad for him at all. He is living a better life than most of us here :D

dirtballer
06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I just heard Sam is having elbow surgery and will be out 2 to 3 months. This explains a lot about his recent performance. I hope he has a successful comeback.

rossi46
06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't feel sorry for anyone who makes a decent living playing tennis. The number of players who do that is far less than what most people think, but I believe Querry would qualify, at least up to this point.

Damn right, his career prizemoney is $3,385,082 so yeah of course I feel sorry for him !!!

Raindogs
06-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Just another example of the milquetoast, interchangable, and utterly boring US crop of "talent."
http://www.patriciaebauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/20080731_simple-jack.jpg

West Coast Ace
06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Sam's living The Life. No sympathy - he'll be set for life. And he's not the most nimble guy or natural athlete - so I'm not sure I'm buying the underachiever stuff - he may have gotten as far as he can.

accidental
06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont feel even a little bit bad for him.

The guys been a pro tennis player since he was a teenager, hes a millionaire travelling the world doing what he loves. Why the hell would anyone feel bad for him

Mainad
06-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Apparently he has an elbow injury.He's pulled out of Wimbledon because of it.