PDA

View Full Version : Dream Match?

KyomasaNTH
06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Players of now and then at any age, any court, with any equipment. Reason i say with any equipment is that older players from like the 70's had wooden or fiberglass, and that made lots of their shots slower, so putting by taking outdated equipment out of the equation it makes older players able to beat newer ones but all that aside. This is my dream match up.
Sampras vs Federer Wimbldon Final (Both in their Primes)
I'd say Sampras, honestly because i favor those who can serve and volley as perfectly as him.

Manus Domini
06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I have a few:

To decide the Emperor of Clay, a round-robin format, best & wins, all players in their primes, given a year to prepare:

60s RG, 60s rules. Borg, Nadal, Rosewall, Cochet, Wilander, Lendl, Guga

Now, the catch is, they're to use a T2000. That way, none has the advantage of playing with that racquet before, and thus they'll have to fine tune their styles to the perfect CC style with that racquet.

Also:

Federer v. Pancho Gonzales on USO grass, 80s tech
Edberg v. Bill Tilden

Polaris
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Zeeshan Ali versus ksbh.
Best of 5 sets.
Surface: Grass.
Umpire: sureshs.
Match Referee: Zeenat Aman
Trophy Presentation by: Sunny Deol
:)

Tennis_Monk
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Zeeshan Ali versus ksbh.
Best of 5 sets.
Surface: Grass.
Umpire: sureshs.
Match Referee: Zeenat Aman
Trophy Presentation by: Sunny Deol
:)

I thought Ksbh is Zeeshan Ali ?

KyomasaNTH
06-14-2011, 08:33 PM
60s RG, 60s rules. Borg, Nadal, Rosewall, Cochet, Wilander, Lendl, Guga

Now, the catch is, they're to use a T2000. That way, none has the advantage of playing with that racquet before, and thus they'll have to fine tune their styles to the perfect CC style with that racquet. Hmmmm, I don't think nadal could play with that stick so i'd give it to Borg

Manus Domini
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Hmmmm, I don't think nadal could play with that stick so i'd give it to Borg

I was tempted to say "real tennis racquet", but that'd favor Rosewall too much.

I think everyone would have trouble with the frame, that's why I chose it.

glazkovss
06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Federer vs. Nadal at their primes at US or AO final. 5 sets. Without choking in the 5th set.
Decisive rubber of Davis Cup final between them on anything except clay would also be worth to watch.

tennis_pro
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see peak Federer play peak Sampras in a US Open final, I'd prefer the hard courts used since 2005 but the one used before would be fine.

fundrazer
06-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Just for lolz. Peak Ivanisevic vs peak Karlovic on wimby fast grass. = )

Don't really have a serious dream match.

fed_rulz
06-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Players of now and then at any age, any court, with any equipment. Reason i say with any equipment is that older players from like the 70's had wooden or fiberglass, and that made lots of their shots slower, so putting by taking outdated equipment out of the equation it makes older players able to beat newer ones but all that aside. This is my dream match up.
Sampras vs Federer Wimbldon Final (Both in their Primes)
I'd say Sampras, honestly because i favor those who can serve and volley as perfectly as him.

search function is your friend. it's hard to top pete-aficianados in the battle of hypotheticals

PSNELKE
06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Just for lolz. Peak Ivanisevic vs peak Karlovic on wimby fast grass. = )

Don't really have a serious dream match.

Ivanisevic wins easily.

Comet Buster
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Peak Safin v's peak Krajicek in a battle of the biggest underachievers ever.

jaggy
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Me and Sania Mirza

Sneezy
06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I would love to see a peak Pancho Gonzales vs a peak Rafael Nadal. They play tennis like gladiators fighting in the colosseum, with never ending intensity and til the death.

FEDERERNADAL13
06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Fed vs Nadal with frying pans, Fed's with BLX tech, of course ;)

Seriously though, Fed VS Nadal, Wimby final, both in primes, no poly string allowed ;) just to see if nadal would be as effective with his spin.

Also, Fed VS Sampras, then Laver, to prove who is truly GOAT, not that it really matters.

Manus Domini
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Pancho Gonzales v. Pancho Segura. Gonzales has his old tech and rules, Segura has the new stuff.

Sneezy
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Pancho Gonzales v. Pancho Segura. Gonzales has his old tech and rules, Segura has the new stuff.

So Lil Pancho vs. Big Pancho.

JeMar
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Laver vs. Fed on clay.

Artistry.

Manus Domini
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
So Lil Pancho vs. Big Pancho.

yeah. How many sets you think Segura could make out with?

Sneezy
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
yeah. How many sets you think Segura could make out with?

Well, I usually cheer for David to win over Goliath.