PDA

View Full Version : How does Tennis players keep their metabolism so perfect??

tusharlovesrafa
06-15-2011, 01:28 AM
It's kinda of a question different from other threads ..I really want to know how does a tennis player keep their metabolism so good..What do they generally eat before the day of their match??I heard that rafa doesn't eat meat before a day of his match..Pls Discuss..:)

Mainad
06-15-2011, 05:26 AM
It's kinda of a question different from other threads ..I really want to know how does a tennis player keep their metabolism so good..What do they generally eat before the day of their match??I heard that rafa doesn't eat meat before a day of his match..Pls Discuss..:)

I believe Djokovic doesn't eat anything with gluten! 8-)

Bjorn99
06-15-2011, 05:41 AM
I dunno, I bet Roger Federer weighs 220 lbs within five years of retiring unfortunately. He looks like he has severe candida developing which coupled with the estrogen effect of bisphenol A in plastic, is the main cause of lower tummy GUT.

http://gototennis.com/2010/07/10/photos-shirtless-roger-federer-and-mirka-vacation-in-corsica/federers-fun-in-the-sun-15/

Tammo
06-15-2011, 05:42 AM
they probably have to eat a mixture of the different types of food.

FeVer
06-15-2011, 05:55 AM
they probably have to eat a mixture of the different types of food.

No **** sherlock. They just eat lettuce.

El Diablo
06-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Jimmy Connors still looks like he's at his playing weight at age 58, and his pre-match meal was......two hamburgers, on buns, and three glasses of Coke. (per Tennis Magazine --- I never get tired of posting this trivia).

vive le beau jeu !
06-15-2011, 06:03 AM
would be good if you could take some advice from them and control yours better, tushy... what a mess you've made of the carpet, the other day ! :-|

Bjorn99
06-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Jimmy Connors still looks like he's at his playing weight at age 58, and his pre-match meal was......two hamburgers, on buns, and three glasses of Coke. (per Tennis Magazine --- I never get tired of posting this trivia).

And the acid from the Cokes went into his hips and voila semi paraplegic now. Dumb ****.

tusharlovesrafa
06-15-2011, 08:01 AM
would be good if you could take some advice from them and control yours better, tushy... what a mess you've made of the carpet, the other day ! :-|

Noh noh i didn't do anything...It's your fault You didn't tell me the direction of the toilet.I m barely 2 yrs old..

HeavyDluxe
06-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Wow, Bjorn... You're just a ray of sunshine.

Comet Buster
06-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Is this a joke question? Is the

Your metabolism level is something you are born with. Some people can get to a reasonable age eating junk whilst looking healthy on the outside. Some put on weight easier because they have a slower metabolism. Metabolism doesn't mean diet.

THESEXPISTOL
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Your metabolism level is something you are born with. Some people can get to a reasonable age eating junk whilst looking healthy on the outside. Some put on weight easier because they have a slower metabolism. Metabolism doesn't mean diet.

But you can forge your metabolism...
I did it :wink:

eliza
06-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I hope some serious people will help you establish what food are best for tennis players.
Generally speaking, you need carbs, little protein (much less than the amount eaten in the US), lots of veggies and fruits, good oils (olive, almond). No processed food, if possible. Quantities must be small, due to activity on/off court: this I think helps maintain "good metabolism".
You might want (even if you are a male) to check out Navratilova's book, "Shape yourself".

ATXtennisaddict
06-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Pasta is a staple for most athletes pre and post match.

Unless you're an NBA player (or 1980s Agassi), then McDonalds is what keeps them going.

sureshs
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I hope some serious people will help you establish what food are best for tennis players.
Generally speaking, you need carbs, little protein (much less than the amount eaten in the US), lots of veggies and fruits, good oils (olive, almond). No processed food, if possible. Quantities must be small, due to activity on/off court: this I think helps maintain "good metabolism".
You might want (even if you are a male) to check out Navratilova's book, "Shape yourself".

And some Prosciutto and Parmegiano Reggiano.

If quantities must be "small," how can there be "lots" of veggies and fruits?

jackson vile
06-15-2011, 11:26 AM

A lot of it is genetics. Usually those that are genetically superior don't train nor eat optimally at all.

li0scc0
06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
They exercise all day long.
That means they burn a lot of calories.
Thus they stay thin.
Not really rocket science.

BeHappy
06-15-2011, 12:36 PM
playing tennis 2-5 hours a day does the trick

Tony48
06-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Nadal: eats a mix of Mentos and orange peels
Federer: rat blood
Djokovic: liquid boron.

syc23
06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Unless you're Serena who is going to be a fat *** no matter how much tennis she plays she looks like a dog compared to Julia Gorges.

There's definitely more female tennis players with little bellies than the male players (Bagdaghtis excepted).

Bjorn99
06-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Excercising all day, can actually lead to weight GAIN. Look at Federer, LOOK at that lower stomach!!! That is cortisol stress from OVER excercise and the estrogenic effect of being a plastic person in the era of plastic.

All the old parardigms of weight loss, weight gain and optimum diet have been thrown out by anyone who knows what is up. Problem is, one expert out of a million experts knows of this. So the useless misinformation swirls around, USELESSLY.

Its not being a ray of sunshine. Or a ray of darkness, its about being a beacon of light in a civilization of half truths, uselessness, and outright garbage. Ever since plastic came into being in the sixties, people have been swelling up like balloons. Its HISTORIC.

kishnabe
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I heard Federer eats a Kit Kat before a match!

TheNatural
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM

heres how they do it:

http://www.buywithme.com/system/images/deals/2932/deal_Swiss_Pastries_Discount_Coupon.jpg?1291937025

http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/roger_federer_shirtless_mediterranean_015.jpg

Ross K
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
They exercise all day long.
That means they burn a lot of calories.
Thus they stay thin.
Not really rocket science.

Correct answer.

Lsmkenpo
06-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Nadal eats a lot of bananas, his handlers toss a couple into his room every couple of hours.

Manus Domini
06-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I m barely 2 yrs old..

Why does that not surprise me?

pound cat
06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
An easy explanation of what metabalism is and how it works, Read this and you are a matabolistic expert.

http://www.slimmingresources.com/what-is-a-metabolism