PDA

View Full Version : Wilson H Tour vs Ncode ntour

bm99
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi,
I found a really good deal on **** for a Wilson H tour and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is any real difference to the Ncode model. I was looking at the Ncode before but I figured I might be able to save some money buy going with H tour and still get a similar racquet. Any opinions on the H tour?

tdk
06-29-2005, 02:01 AM
bm99 - hi, and wellcome to this message board. Im new myself and this is probably my 3'rd post.

I have been playing with the H Tour for close to 2y now and I really like it. I have it strung with high tension strings and with a mix of 2 different strings. I havent really found anything better even though I tried all the top models of the nCode line like the Federer and the 95 models and Babolas top guns. I have found out that a light racquet is easy to customize with lead weights to get a perfect balance for my playing.

Your question which is better I cannot answere but I can give you a pointer in desisionmaking. Money is not an option since racquets are so cheap. Even 250USD for a racquet is cheap if you think of what you are doing with it: you are playing tennis and enjoying every second of it! You are running your behind off and you are trying to get a good hit every time. You should buy the new nCode nTour if it feels better for you. Reading the reviews here on the TW indicates that they are very different from each other. The old Hammer is very good. Its really not a Hammer since it is even weighted. I put some led around 5 and 7 oclock and 12 oclock to give me some more power.

Im planning on checking out the new nTour as well. Please let me know what you are thinking after reading this.

bm99
06-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the help!

You know, you ARE right about that cost thing! It's funny cause usually I'll have no problem dishing out $300 for a new golf club now and then but here I am scoping out deals on **** for tennis :) . I was in fact considering the ntour but thought I would ask about the H tour in case any one had some thoughts. Looking at the specs, they seem pretty similar and you're right about the fact that it would be easy to customize so I think I might pick it up, even just to have something fun to mess around with.

tdk
06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
bm99, glad I could be of some help. This time it was easy since Ive been poundering this exact same issue. Let me know what you think of the nTour if you pick one up. For the time being Ill stick with my H Tour.

textbook strokes
06-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Guys, I have played with the h tour 95 for almost a year, wich is incredible considering I'm a bad case of racquets junkieness. All I can say is the H is very tricky; it feels great when you hit the sweetspot (Which is very small), but your shot doesn't hurt anybody. It lacks power and speed.
It took me a while to realize this, an then I started the customization process, traying differents strings and all possible configuration of lead tape. The result was very frustrating. When I got the power the stick was too heavy that it hurt my shoulder.
Recently I bougth the ntour (actually I trade my Ipaq 2215 for it), and I think it's a better racquet. They shifted the weigth towards the head, so it has the power the H lacked, but nothing is free; the feeling is not the same. It feels more dead, so I'm using a sensitive string (babolat powergy). Manuverability remained good thoug. Good srves and volleys, and now my ground strokes shots have more on them, and I hope my game improves whit this stick, cause I run out of money . :neutral:

tdk
07-01-2005, 05:41 AM
textbook strokes, very nice post. One more thing, how did the nTour compare to the other nCode racquets such as the Federer model and the nSixOne? I did not like them and Im putting my hopes on the nTour since it is lighter and longer.

krnboijunsung
07-01-2005, 08:52 AM
I thought the H Tour was too light and real weak. With some lead tape and lower tension I guess it'd be okay, but I think the H tour is too overrated. Especially at our school.

textbook strokes
07-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Actually, I also played with the two ncodes for a while.
N6.1 95; Too head ligth for my liking. Too much weigth for a poor response. The N tour is a lot more manuverable and poweful (specially on serves), and it has just a tad less contol, that I think one can easily fix with string tension.
N6.1.90; This is a great stick!. I used it for 3 months. Great power, very precise too, but you need great foundamentals, and despite my nickname, I've discovered I do not have the skills of Fedex :sad: .
The n tour is easier to move around, an to generate speedhead with. I hope this will be like the ntour 90 for the mere mortals.

tdk
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
textbook strokes, thanks again for valuable input here.

krnboijunsung, couldent you find a harder username to spell ;) Anyway, yes the H Tour is much too light. I needed a lot of lead to make it fit my playing style but now it ripps, in my humble opinion at least.