PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki should fire his dad... and then she will win a GS

carlitox
06-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Wozniacki should fire his dad... and then she will win a GS. Yep. I've been analysing her situation and I just realise that, even thou she is a real and 95% PUSHER (as many of us know really clearly that), she is still talented.

She, sometimes, in some matches, has the ability to make some good winner. She is consistent, thats absolutly clear, but her game... is like she has been trained by herself. His dad maybe a sport man and have trained her very well in that aspect, and maybe he has knowledge about tennis, etc. But she needs a real coach. Someone that train her shots, change that ugly moonballs she makes and put another strategys to her game.

I mean, come on, Hantuchova with a good strategy and some consistence agresive game pulled her out the court like simple ball. The same for Kvitova. I mean, lot of credit for those girls, they are very talented, but pulling her out like nothing, like an out of 100 ranking player (I think wozniacki didn't make more than 5 winners in those matches, she must have some options in her game to fight more on those matches, she's No. 1!!!).

Well... so I think the real problem is her dad. What do you think?

Joe Pike
06-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Wozniacki should fire his dad...

Whose dad?

carlitox
06-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Whose dad?

hahaha sorry my mistake.

carlitox
06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Which player in the world aged 20 is more successful than Wozniacki?

Well lets just say... she is still in the face when Ivanovic was No.1 or Safina was No.1... in any moment she will be out of No.1 and we don't really know that she is gonna be back.... and no GS. She needs a GS to be remembered.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Which player in the world aged 20 is more successful than Wozniacki?

Currently or historically?

Joe Pike
06-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Currently or historically?

"Is" is present tense.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
"Is" is present tense.

Clearly, but I want you to expand your question, to easily debunk the "she's so successful at 20..." noise from her defenders.

Murrayfan31
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Whose dad?
Wozniacki has a secret.

Heracles
06-15-2011, 01:28 PM
There is no real arguments to say that her father is the problem. Actually I have read people praising him for always bringing something to her and helping her when she is in a bad spot since coaching is allowed in WTA events outside slams.

Magnus
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
OMG Caroline is a male??? Aewwwwwww.....

carlitox
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
OMG Caroline is a male??? Aewwwwwww.....

Ok, my mistake. someone please help editing that changing her instead of his... would be a lot of help.

On the other side, yes, her father is always helping her psycological and her fisics are notable... but her shots are awfull, bad... I woud say terrible. And yes, she doesn't have too much strategy. She resist to change to be No.1 as Pushniacki. I understand, is No.1, but it won't last forever.

If a decent to good player goes to the court and don't think about her way to play and only does her thing... she would maybe be frustrated about whats going on. But, if the same player think well and does as hantuchova (she was clearly practicing drop shots and voleys the day before the match)... she would kill wozniacki. And wozniacki didn't have anything to do about that, she was done. Some times, even in the match some of the girls realise that and change their game, like Li Na or Dockic some time ago... they smashed Wozniacki in the end. She is far from being a complete player.

Today in the WTA we have the start of "The Battle of The Pushers vs The Talents". Players under 23, 22 moreless are just Pusher (not really counteratacker). No one there is complete as Kim or other players we have seen, maybe some day we would see one of them there. There is no talented as hantuchova or li na or Zvonarevas or Penettas, etc... that are in the second part of their carreer and are good and overall players, but never reach No.1... only were in the top 20 or top 50 for very long. Looking at Petkovic, Julia, Wozniacki, Lisicki, Radwanska, etc... are all in one side. Maybe Vika is a ballbasher, some of there are in that side, but only a few.

Well.... I promise that Woznicki won't do a GS only with her father there. I don't know if she would some day hire another trainer of if she would be with hios father forever, but if someday she change that, you would see the improvement and maybe there the GS.

Mick
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
it's not easy to change your game for instance, federer, sharapova both got new coaches but they still play the same kind of game. coaches are not miracle workers.

carlitox
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM
it's not easy to change your game for instance, federer, sharapova both got new coaches but they still play the same kind of game. coaches are not miracle workers.

There game was already good, they were winning GS. CW is young she has talent.

mellowyellow
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
She is only 20, and has continued to get better off both sides, and the last 2 weeks has been willing to be aggressive on the returns. She seems to be hitting through the court a little more too. I think that she will slow down next year and try to be more match ready for the slams, not play the week leading into them like she has. She might not like to be out of competition play though leading into a Slam, who knows??

nikdom
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
He is too good to employ her father. She is a bad father for Caroline. He is young and can win many titles without her dad being such a bad mother. I wonder if the defensive game he has is all because of her? Of course she is looking out for her daughter who can't play against men like Serena.

whomad15
06-16-2011, 02:09 PM

Sharapova got a new coach and racquet. Looked to me at the French she did much better than expected.

Fed is changing his game, I've seen a lot more S&V or at least getting to the net from him.

As far as Woz goes. How old was Sharapova when she won a slam? 17. Who did she beat? Serena.
Woz reminds me of Jankovic, only less powerful. People figured her out, she's going nowhere.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Woz reminds me of Jankovic, only less powerful. People figured her out, she's going nowhere.

At the moment, that is all true. The weak excuse of "she's only 20" is BS when there are several examples of women winning majors at her are or younger.

ATXtennisaddict
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I always had a feeling Caroline was a man. Thanks for confirming it!

Mick
06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Sharapova got a new coach and racquet. Looked to me at the French she did much better than expected.

Fed is changing his game, I've seen a lot more S&V or at least getting to the net from him.

i think sharapova's had more to do with her ability as a tennis player rather than her coach's input. sure, he probably had some good inputs but she's the one who played the matches and she played pretty much the same: first strike tennis and hit the ball as hard as possible and she had been doing this long before the new coach became her coach.

federer is an amazing player so he can do lot of things differently. however, i watched most of his french open matches and to me at least, it appears he didn't change his style of play all that much.

wozniacki is a consistent player and she gets to number 1 by playing consistent tennis. she might develop a weapon or two in the future but i don't foresee a big difference in her game, even with a new coach.