PDA

View Full Version : Nadal has the most extreme backhand grip combo?

tennis_fan_182
06-16-2011, 01:34 AM
I have heard before that he uses a semi western backhand grip with his dominant (left) hand. This is the most extreme one handed backhand grip you can get. And with his non-dominant (right) hand he uses a Hawaiian grip. This is the most extreme forehand grip you can get.

Does this grip combo ensure that he hits the most topspin on the backhand out of anyone on the ATP tour?

Also, does any other pro use a semi western backhand grip with their dominant hand on the two handed backhand? What about Djokovic and Murray?

Bud
06-16-2011, 03:24 AM
I have heard before that he uses a semi western backhand grip with his dominant (left) hand. This is the most extreme one handed backhand grip you can get. And with his non-dominant (right) hand he uses a Hawaiian grip. This is the most extreme forehand grip you can get.

Does this grip combo ensure that he hits the most topspin on the backhand out of anyone on the ATP tour?

Also, does any other pro use a semi western backhand grip with their dominant hand on the two handed backhand? What about Djokovic and Murray?

It appears he uses continental/SW... which is pretty common. Most people who use a SW FH (like Nadal), use this combo. Also, please don't come back and tell us that he uses a western FH as it's been shown numerous times he now hits with a SW FH grip.

Instead of listening to what you hear, just look at a picture of him hitting a BH.

- - -

Nadal's continental/SW BH:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BvsTWZ03Gf0/SYFYTwRDLtI/AAAAAAAAJ8I/AP_3Iit7LRQ/s400/Nadal+Backhand.jpg

Clay lover
06-16-2011, 06:19 AM
I doubt anyone is gonna make the top 10 let alone the top 100 with a SW/H 2HBH.

ae695
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Maybe I am not saying nothing new, but please bear in mind that Nadal's writing (dominant?) hand is the right, so maybe that is why we is not very orthodox

tennis_fan_182
07-07-2011, 04:57 AM
bump, does any pro use a semi western one handed backhand grip (dominant hand) and full western forehand grip (off-hand) two handed backhand grip combo?

Manus Domini
07-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I doubt anyone is gonna make the top 10 let alone the top 100 with a SW/H 2HBH.

considering the user would break his wrists permanantly, I'd agree with ya

PSNELKE
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Ugliest BH I have seen in my entire life.

Nadalfan89
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM

It was good enough to crush Federer 17 times.

Clarky21
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM

It really is. Not only is it ugly it's ineffective and is simply a terrible shot. Worst backhand in the top 5 bar none.

PSNELKE
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Good one ****, always have to bring up Fed.
Ralph beat him with his FH not with his BH.
Ralph“s BH is awful he“s just moonballing it right now.

Stop being a pathetic clown, man.

mcenroefan
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Not good enough to be the dominant #1 ranked player or to have a winning record against Fed off of clay (5-6 losing record). Great for a clay court guru though!:)

tennis_fan_182
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeh, alrite, Nadal is in the title of this thread but really I don't care especially about him: what pro player on the tour right now uses a crazily extreme 2hbh grip combo? As in both the right hand and the left hand are in very extreme grips?

Or actually, regardless of grip, does any pro player get a ton of topspin on their 2 handed backhand? Mostly I see it as a very linear flat shot.

jwbarrientos
07-08-2011, 04:15 AM

That's why is ugly :twisted: