PDA

View Full Version : strongest eras ever says tim henmans

Rafa Garros
06-16-2011, 03:24 AM
tim henmans says that andy murrays is unfortunate to be playings in strongest eras ever on bbcs today. he did stopped short of saying that in another eras murrays would be number ones althouh he didnt dismiss it out of hands.

mcr619619
06-16-2011, 04:29 AM
i do think too...Rafa is in his prime, Djoko is playing really well, Fed is still a threat, Delpo is coming back soon...though i wish, if Fed don't win the wimby, hope it'll be Murray, he deserves it

Bobby Jr
06-16-2011, 06:14 AM
(Wow, Rafa has won 4 of the last 5 slams in the strongest era ever!)
But he has also only won 4 of the last 9 slams...

Statistic look so much better when you conveniently book-end them to suit an argument don't they?

ViscaB
06-16-2011, 06:21 AM

Statistic look so much better when you conveniently book-end them to suit an argument don't they?

Only:-?, that's almost 50%. If he kan keep it up he will win either Wilbledon or the US open. Bring it on:twisted:.

Fedex
06-16-2011, 06:45 AM

Now now Bobby, don't let facts get in the way.

CourtlyLove
06-16-2011, 07:15 AM
tim henmans says that andy murrays is unfortunate to be playings in strongest eras ever on bbcs today. he did stopped short of saying that in another eras murrays would be number ones althouh he didnt dismiss it out of hands.

That's a lot of plurals.

sureshs
06-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Would Tim's S&V work in this era?

ksbh
06-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Rafa isn't just an eon, he's Sunny Deol!

:)

Rafa isn't just an epoch - he's an eon!

jackson vile
06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Very interesting, however would be interesting to see more information backing up such claims.

Comet Buster
06-16-2011, 08:58 AM
he's Sunny Deol!

:)

Who the hell is that???

sureshs
06-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Pre Nadal Henman was one of Federers chief rivals. What do you think of Feds competion pre Nadal?

They are good friends. I think Fed gave Henman a ride in a private jet. Fed has a fondness for players of his era whom he could beat easily - Henman, Hewitt, Roddick and Blake - and they in turn behave as if they lost the match before it started and cheered Fed. Things changed once Nadal and Djokovic arrived and stood up to him..

ksbh
06-16-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm surprised you don't know who Sunny Deol is. He's the most popular actor in Asia, with the largest fan following throughout India.

He's widely acknowledged as the most handsome and versatile actor in India.

http://ugc.dhingana.com/uploads/news/18859624934d50e8e40014c5.63248531.jpg

Who the hell is that???

Comet Buster
06-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm surprised you don't know who Sunny Deol is. He's the most popular actor in Asia, with the largest fan following throughout India.

Why does this kind of crap get posted on tennis forums??? I thought the concept of tennis forums was to talk about tennis.

sureshs
06-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Tim Henman says this era has players with the best teeth ever

8PAQ
06-16-2011, 09:30 AM

http://ugc.dhingana.com/uploads/news/18859624934d50e8e40014c5.63248531.jpg

LOL wtf is he wearing?

Anyway, I am so impressed that Federer at almost 30 is still getting to Slam finals and is able to beat best player of the year.

Magnus
06-16-2011, 09:34 AM
As much as I like Murray, I feel he's contributing to the weak field of today. Don't get me wrong, Murray's potential is nearly endless, he's one of the most talented players I've seen, and yet he fails time and time again to step it up and prove he can win when it counts the most. I never feel that Murray is a real threat to Nadal, Djokovic or Fed in the slams, and that's a problem (Although he did beat Nadal a few times in slams, but it didn't help him win). Fed is just not who he used to be (no matter what way you're looking at its, he's just not) and while he can play well at times, inconsistency along with mental lapses hurt him. Nadal and Djokovic are great, and they are great competition to one another (in the rankings too!), but its just not enough to call this era anything but weak.

8PAQ
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
(Can't beat the best player of the last 12 months though)

Still can't post without (). So sad.

ksbh
06-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Yet you have no problem with all the fanboy cr*ap that gets posted here?

If you can't stand Sunny Deol, get the f*uck out of here.

Why does this kind of crap get posted on tennis forums??? I thought the concept of tennis forums was to talk about tennis.

aprilfool
06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
That's a lot of plurals.

The OP has pluralcy. :???:

ksbh
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
8 ... that's the traditional dress of India. It's called a dhoti/kurta, with dhoti being the white garment.

Agreed in regards to Federer. Much as I trash-talk him, what Federer is doing is incredible!

LOL wtf is he wearing?

Anyway, I am so impressed that Federer at almost 30 is still getting to Slam finals and is able to beat best player of the year.

Sentinel
06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
The OP has pluralcy. :???:
haha ! Good one. Yes, we must collectively do something about this Sunny Deol disease or virus that is bringing down the internets. Our servers in Standford Medical are also hanging due to people talking about him incessantly. Its becoming a national obsession. After Henmania, now its Sunmania.

Sentinel
06-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Guys, we are being had big time. First the poster who ended every post with !1.

(Then you know who).

And nows the plurals guys.

Somethin fishy goin' on 'ere.

Sharpshooter
06-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Sharpshooters also says its ones of the toughests eras toos.

Semi-Pro
06-16-2011, 11:38 AM
BULLZ1LLA's posts with () is almost as entertaining as jackson viles posts all ending with 'LOL'

mellowyellow
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
{Henmans is the lasts person to ask about how strongs a baseliner only era is}

sarmpas
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
LOL wtf is he wearing?

Looks like a skirt to me. Worse than Federer's murse.

Comet Buster
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Yet you have no problem with all the fanboy cr*ap that gets posted here?

If you can't stand Sunny Deol, get the f*uck out of here.

Yes I do have problems. From the last two days of me posting in this section I can only gather this section is pretty much a 'my player is better than your player' and 'who is goat'.

My bad. Didn't realise this was an asian movie website. There was me thinking this was a tennis forum? Silly me.

Sentinel
06-16-2011, 10:52 PM
My bad. Didn't realise this was an asian movie website. There was me thinking this was a tennis forum? Silly me.
:D
Comet, lets just say there is some amount of "diversity" on this site. We do need some relief from the endless "my player > your player on slow courts with heavy balls on odd, rainy weekdays during non-leap year" stuff.

Rhino
06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
(Wow, Rafa has won 4 of the last 5 slams in the strongest era ever!)

You need to get a handle on that man crush, it's not healthy.

Sentinel
06-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Still can't post without (). So sad.
(I think Bullzee feels naked without covering himself with a () ).

It's protection against a strong era (of trolling.)

Comet Buster
06-17-2011, 03:37 AM
:D
Comet, lets just say there is some amount of "diversity" on this site.

Yeah no *****.

tusharlovesrafa
06-17-2011, 04:18 AM
I know peoples heres missed me..

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Do you have a link?

Rafa Garros
06-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Do you have a link?

was a radio interviews on bbc 5 live. will tries to find

ksbh
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
ROFL, CB! I apologize for the unnecessary swearing but reading your response to my post, I will say I certainly don't want you to get out of here. You're one of the few writers who seem to have their head screwed on right.

As Sentinel said, we do need a break from the monotonous arguments.

Yes I do have problems. From the last two days of me posting in this section I can only gather this section is pretty much a 'my player is better than your player' and 'who is goat'.

Qubax
06-17-2011, 06:28 PM
This may sound cliche or obvious, although I am not sure it is widely accepted: I think every new era, is the new strongest era of all time....

The fact is between; Racquet-string technology, nutrition, medical, recovery improvements the game and all of athletics are always getting bigger, faster, stronger, etc.

Sampras was the best of his era, but I think if he was 21 years old again he'd have a hard time cracking the top 50 of today......I don't think this opinion is popular, but I think it's more accurate then most give credit for....

aceX
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
This may sound cliche or obvious, although I am not sure it is widely accepted: I think every new era, is the new strongest era of all time....

The fact is between; Racquet-string technology, nutrition, medical, recovery improvements the game and all of athletics are always getting bigger, faster, stronger, etc.

Sampras was the best of his era, but I think if he was 21 years old again he'd have a hard time cracking the top 50 of today......I don't think this opinion is popular, but I think it's more accurate then most give credit for....

I agree with this and don't understand why it is not more widely stated.