PDA

View Full Version : Yonex MP TOUR 5

serge
04-25-2004, 01:00 PM
What do you think about this stick ?

ontherise17
04-25-2004, 03:36 PM
i was wondering the same thing! the racquet kinda came outta no where and u havent heard anything about it and the specs fit what im looking for great but i dont know how it plays

scanman
04-25-2004, 06:21 PM
INMHO is that this racquet is too light. I could not use this racquet without additional weight at the three and nine positions.
this is a nice racquet to serve with and hit backhands with however, my big forehand is has gotten smaller with this racquet. it slices well and has good spin. It is very comfortable but not as comfortable as the RD ti 50 or the MP1. Racquet head speed is its best asset. I belive the best YoneX racquet is the RQ ti 1700 and I may switch back to it if the RDX is not the ONE. Overall its lot to like but it's not perfect. I,m a baseliner that only comes to net when invited.

Cosmic Debris
04-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I demo'ed this late summer/fall, before RDX's were released. I liked it, especially when compared to other racquets in the same category, but ultimately ended up with the Ti-80. I was coming from a POG mid (93) and have "old school" strokes, so felt a little more comfortable with racquets in the "players" category. I didn't notice, or very quickly adjusted to, the .5" addition. It's lighter and power is greater than the Ti-80 (for example), but not overwhelmingly so. Thought it served well. Haven't hit with the RDX's, so can't compare.

Bora
04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
I posted about this racquet before. With a little lead at 3 and 9, it becomes a very stable arm and spin friendly racquet. Compared to the Ti-80, this racquet has little less power, but more feel. Of course that's IMHO.